Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd need to see proof of that vaccine escape is something they chanced in the beginning and now look where we are .
They did what they could with what they knew there and then. The vaccine wasn’t going to change magically to keep up with the mutations and variants we have seen since last year. At least they still remain somewhat effective in reducing severe illness/death.

Reactions: 5
I’ll admit I have very basic medical knowledge but myself included how many of us have had colds this year and felt absolutely flawed by them? Is this down to not much mixing and wearing masks for most of 2 years so therefore not built up much immunity?

I can’t help but think long term this isn’t a viable solution!?

Reactions: 16
They did what they could with what they knew there and then. The vaccine wasn’t going to change magically to keep up with the mutations and variants we have seen since last year. At least they still remain somewhat effective in reducing severe illness/death.
They took a gamble that may or may not have payed off we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: 4
I’ll admit I have very basic medical knowledge but myself included how many of us have had colds this year and felt absolutely flawed by them? Is this down to not much mixing and wearing masks for most of 2 years so therefore not built up much immunity?

Ive not had a cold all year, had my booster on monday and have had some weird sort of cold thing since. Don't know if its related to the booster or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Ive had many colds already lol, but i walk the dogs in the rain, freezing cold.. so yeah. Also before this whole corona thing i had the same issue, i´m used to that. Finally got my first vaccination this week, happy i got it;)

Reactions: 5
Ive had many colds already lol, but i walk the dogs in the rain, freezing cold.. so yeah. Also before this whole corona thing i had the same issue, i´m used to that. Finally got my first vaccination this week, happy i got it;)
Why has it taken you so long to get it?

You're equating the adherence to the guidelines with supporting the Tories. They're two different things.

I think it's terrible that they had parties in Downing Street and laughed about it, but I don't think that makes following the guidelines pointless. Obviously covid guidelines don't stop everyone getting infected, that was never the goal, but they reduce the chance and if I can do that then I will.
Just read the whole thread and come back to this as once again it's your's and another poster's points that pick up on silly crap while avoiding the elephant. You do it in all the threads taking things away from what is important and might make people think "oh yes, that's right, that doesn't make any sense"

This is not about the Tories this is not about the left and right this is about people who make rules for us to follow who break every rule. These people are rich and or powerful. They include Royalty, politicians, scientists, media moguls, world leaders all doing one thing while saying another, the things they are telling us to do are placing us into a trap while they stay free.
there are two videos going around showing them actually laughing at us obeying things they have no intention of obeying.

I know this isnt the CT thread but there are shills on the platform just like there are shills on all platforms and people need to be aware of them. if the same people misunderstand , misdirect and cause a thread where people were discusing things calmly even though they have opposing views to sudderly veer off in another direction a direction that never can lead anywhere else but a argument over nothing. Then you have to wonder if these people are truly just members of the public having a discusion. Everyone takes threads off into the wildernesss sometimes, but the same people everytime?

(moderator edit; keep on topic, do not goad other members)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
A common cold is very very transmissible. It can kill people, lead to pneumonia, probably things like ME which are now called a cool fancy name like long Covid.
It is said that when the settlers went to the colonies their common cold viruses wiped out some of the indigenous population.

Adults have had that many colds that their bodies can fight them . We also don't test for colds so cases go under the radar .

I do wonder how many people come down with a cold each day in relation to the amount of people who test positive for covid .

Reactions: 10
Why has it taken you so long to get it?
Part was my big fear of needles, other part thinking i do not really need it. Working at home, just go out to walk the dogs or supermarket with ffp2 mask. But since i do fall in a risk group, i just decided to finally do it.

Reactions: 6

I had a cold this year, as did my partner that lasted 3 weeks. Never had such a long lasting cold in my entire adult life, it was awful. Honestly the last time either of us have had a cold just be well over 5 years, we very seldom get them. We live very rurally, always out in the rain and elements, extremely cold house etc, so I generally think we are pretty hardened. This was most definitely a product of lockdowns, masks and no human interaction. It does no one any favours.

Out of all my friends, the ones most obsessive toward hand washing etc are always the sickliest. You need exposure! People genuinely seem to have forgotten how immune systems work (and that indeed - they own one!).

Reactions: 19
Just read the whole thread and come back to this as once again it's your's and another poster's points that pick up on silly crap while avoiding the elephant. You do it in all the threads taking things away from what is important and might make people think "oh yes, that's right, that doesn't make any sense"

This is not about the Tories this is not about the left and right this is about people who make rules for us to follow who break every rule. These people are rich and or powerful. They include Royalty, politicians, scientists, media moguls, world leaders all doing one thing while saying another, the things they are telling us to do are placing us into a trap while they stay free.
there are two videos going around showing them actually laughing at us obeying things they have no intention of obeying.

I know this isnt the CT thread but there are shills on the platform just like there are shills on all platforms and people need to be aware of them. if the same people misunderstand , misdirect and cause a thread where people were discusing things calmly even though they have opposing views to sudderly veer off in another direction a direction that never can lead anywhere else but a argument over nothing. Then you have to wonder if these people are truly just members of the public having a discusion. Everyone takes threads off into the wildernesss sometimes, but the same people everytime?

(moderator edit; keep on topic, do not goad other members)
I assure you I’m not a shill. I’m just giving my viewpoints on a thread which is here for discussion. It’s not like I’m saying things that lots of others aren’t saying

I don’t just post in this topic - eg I’m quite active in the Strictly thread too (thank God Dan has gone :D ). If I was a shill I doubt I’d be posting about TV shows.

But anyway to go back to the post you were quoting, lots of people have been saying they think we shouldn’t follow the guidelines given that Boris and his cronies didn’t. All I’m saying is that I think they didn’t care about the consequences of their actions, rather than they didn’t think there would be any. I’m following the guidelines because I think they make logical sense in a pandemic.

I assure you I’m not a shill. I’m just giving my viewpoints on a thread which is here for discussion. It’s not like I’m saying things that lots of others aren’t saying

I don’t just post in this topic - eg I’m quite active in the Strictly thread too (thank God Dan has gone :D ). If I was a shill I doubt I’d be posting about TV shows.

But anyway to go back to the post you were quoting, lots of people have been saying they think we shouldn’t follow the guidelines given that Boris and his cronies didn’t. All I’m saying is that I think they didn’t care about the consequences of their actions, rather than they didn’t think there would be any. I’m following the guidelines because I think they make logical sense in a pandemic.
The reason they don't follow their own rules is that they don't believe them. Simple as that.

Reactions: 17
As they're making up the consequences surely they should be thinking about them !

Reactions: 7
From the very moment Dominic Cummings went to check his eyesight I knew it wasn’t as bad as they were making out.

Reactions: 27
From the very moment Dominic Cummings went to check his eyesight I knew it wasn’t as bad as they were making out.
His eyesight or the pandemic 😂

They're not taking things seriously because they've already drawn up their longterm plan V

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Part was my big fear of needles, other part thinking i do not really need it. Working at home, just go out to walk the dogs or supermarket with ffp2 mask. But since i do fall in a risk group, i just decided to finally do it.
You do know your medical history is private and you don't need to explain your decisions?

Pisses me off why we expect people all of a sudden to give explanations because they can't accept any other answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You do know your medical history is private and you don't need to explain your decisions?

Pisses me off why we expect people all of a sudden to give explanations because they can't accept any other answer.
I agree same with people being vaccinated, and whatever their reason for having it - to go on holiday, to protect grannie etc. It’s nobody’s business. Tbh I’m not interested either way 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.