Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm! I’m
5EF15DC8-BEE9-4F36-AAC1-E7BB10CFB623.jpeg
wondering if we’re going to be locking down again I’ve just had this message on Google classroom

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Scotland we've been told no Xmas parties. I can't express how angry I am right now. Terrified of another 4 month lock down from Boxing Day like last year - all for a variant with no one in hospital with it.

WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?
Sadly I don't think it will ever end unless enough people stop complying with the rules...... If everyone stopped wearing masks, stopped getting jabbed.... Stopped following any rules regarding covid... What could they actually do to millions of people... Can't put us all in jail or sack us all.... But sadly they know many will do what they tell them to do out of fear or whatever.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
An elderly patient of mine today said he would rather die of covid than have another Christmas without his family :cry:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
An elderly patient of mine today said he would rather die of covid than have another Christmas without his family :cry:
I had an elderly lady tell me last Xmas that she wouldn't take the vaccine because she didn't want to live in a world like this and would rather die.
She still hasn't taken it and is still with us, but if we lock down again this Xmas then I'm sure we'll lose many older people where they will just give up

• Sad
Reactions: 17
You're equating the adherence to the guidelines with supporting the Tories. They're two different things.

I think it's terrible that they had parties in Downing Street and laughed about it, but I don't think that makes following the guidelines pointless. Obviously covid guidelines don't stop everyone getting infected, that was never the goal, but they reduce the chance and if I can do that then I will.
But why be scared of the virus when the people that are telling you to be scared clearly arnt.

They're telling you if you don't follow their rules you'll kill granny and end up on hospital on a ventilator. But if that's true, why are they not following the rules. It's because what they tell you is not true. You need be no more scared of covid than any other airborn virus.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
But why be scared of the virus when the people that are telling you to be scared clearly arnt.

They're telling you if you don't follow their rules you'll kill granny and end up on hospital on a ventilator. But if that's true, why are they not following the rules. It's because what they tell you is not true. You need be no more scared of covid than any other airborn virus.
It's very contagious and numbers in hospitals have been increasing. If I can avoid that, I'll do what I can.

I think they probably didn't follow the rules because they didn't care about the consequences of their actions - rather than they didn't think there would be any.

Reactions: 11
It's very contagious and numbers in hospitals have been increasing. If I can avoid that, I'll do what I can.

I think they probably didn't follow the rules because they didn't care about the consequences of their actions - rather than they didn't think there would be any.
So is tonsillitis

Reactions: 16

How can they not think of the consequences, when they're the very people writing the consequences for the public?

Reactions: 12

Unless "doing what you can" consists of normal personal hygiene, then you're part of the problem. There is nothing wrong with individuals making personal choices to protect themselves from contagious illnesses, but the issue we have here is people being forced to take extreme measures.

I have no reason to be any more scared of covid than I do noro, strep, flu, glandular fever and all the other bugs that go round. The government know this and that is why they don't follow the rules. But they don't want you to know it, because they want you to comply and carry on being scared of a virus that for most is slightly worse than a cold.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That doesn't put you in hospital, though. I'm not budging on this.
Have you heard of sepsis?

BIB, they really haven’t

Attachments

Reactions: 15
That doesn't put you in hospital, though. I'm not budging on this.
For vulnerable people it can. Strep can give you pnumonia, it can kill you. But for most it's a sore throat. A cold can kill some people. Many elderly people die from chest infections.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.