Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw two west end musicals last week in London and had to show covid passes for both (or you had to show an LFT), and they were checked both times properly.

In other news my employer isn’t reopening their office because a nearby area has a lower than average vaccination take up (deprived area). What this has to do with an office reopening I have no idea 😂
Ludicrous. Worse than Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Reactions: 4
Amazing night at Sheffield arena watching Steps. Not one person asked to see my covid pass. It was absolutely packed and the atmosphere was electric.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Still can’t get a dentist appointment, WHY
No idea but ours has stuck with routine appointments all through, unless weve been lucky with dates but still had check ups every 6 months. The only major change was Orthodontist appointments where one was cancelled but other than that, still every 12 weeks.

No idea but ours has stuck with routine appointments all through, unless weve been lucky with dates but still had check ups every 6 months. The only major change was Orthodontist appointments where one was cancelled but other than that, still every 12 weeks.
Mines still not seeing anyone for routine (but is an NHS dentist so maybe that’s why). I’ve had to go private for checkups and it’s so expensive!

say what you want about covid vaccines but if you don't wanna get ill, get a flu jab lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
say what you want about covid vaccines but if you don't wanna get ill, get a flu jab lol
I have had flu once in my life and never had the jab. I don't even know if it was real flu as it didn't last long but did knock me for 6 for a couple of days. It started where I was so cold I was shivering but I could not even reach over to grab a throw so sat for hours shivering with a throw just a arms reach away. then I was so hot, then hot and cold took turns and my bones ached but as I said only for a couple of days and I just slept that away.

My mum had real nasty flu every year, right after her jab. Then she stopped having it and no more flu

Van tam can go to hell. My freedom is not dependent on taking medicine I do not wish to take. I am a free person because I was born a free person. my freedom is not dependent on protecting the NHS
Best get used to it they’re to (possibly ) be around till the end of time , even for kids.

I have had flu once in my life and never had the jab. I don't even know if it was real flu as it didn't last long but did knock me for 6 for a couple of days. It started where I was so cold I was shivering but I could not even reach over to grab a throw so sat for hours shivering with a throw just a arms reach away. then I was so hot, then hot and cold took turns and my bones ached but as I said only for a couple of days and I just slept that away.

My mum had real nasty flu every year, right after her jab. Then she stopped having it and no more flu
I had flu over Christmas 2018 and it knocked me about for like 2 weeks over my time off. Was horrible. Always have got jabbed after that experience.

Reactions: 2
I had swine flu as a late teen and it floored me for a few days but made a full recovery. Had flu once before and again knocked me out for a few days but made a full recovery. I’ll never get the flu jab I trust my immune system to combat the flu as it hasn’t failed me yet!

Mines still not seeing anyone for routine (but is an NHS dentist so maybe that’s why). I’ve had to go private for checkups and it’s so expensive!
We are NHS too, our dentist has now stopped taking nhs patients though

Had an email off the school.

Got to return a form stating where child has received the vaccine if not at school and the date they received it. If no vaccine, there's a box to give reasons why.

Then a link to confirm email for online learning.

I'm wondering if schools are going to send unvaccinated children home to learn online over winter to save a school closure?

Their stats to date which they have sent out too are 40 positive covid cases to date across pupils and teaching staff. 0 cases since July 2021. 0 in isolation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I had the flu jab this year and tbh I don't want it again! My whole left side ached for 3 or 4 days and I felt generally quite crap for a day or two. I haven't had any sort of reaction to vaccinations before so I was surprised.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
We won't go into another lockdown.

Look at the numbers of cases, hospitalisations and deaths now vs a year ago when we were about to go into another full-on lockdown. We currently have zero restrictions at all, no working from home, no social distancing, not even any masks. If restrictions are to return to keep numbers down they will be the minor stuff first rather than a full on lockdown.

Don't know why everyone is so hysterical that another lockdown is coming.

Reactions: 10
Sorry to hear that - I hope she‘s doing okay now!

I’ve been lucky - been to ten gigs between August and October and a couple of times had cold symptoms afterwards, but negative tests.
Apart from tiredness and a lingering cough shes doing well thank you :)

Reactions: 1

Look at the numbers of cases, hospitalisations and deaths now vs a year ago when we were about to go into another full-on lockdown. We currently have zero restrictions at all, no working from home, no social distancing, not even any masks. If restrictions are to return to keep numbers down they will be the minor stuff first rather than a full on lockdown.

The only restrictions I see coming back are social distancing and masks in crowded indoors areas. The numbers speaks volumes - number of people in hospital and daily deaths are low when compared to last year/early this year.

Reactions: 6

Maybe because cases are bleeding into the older age groups and that’s what overwhelms the health service .Booster doses may not be completed till February.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.