Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much for vaccines and transmission View attachment 835433
We have no restrictions at all. I don’t get why not all data is being looked at i.e. the number of people going into hospital and the number of people dying. This whole conversation about vaccines and transmission is a bit like groundhog day. Vaccines help to reduce transmission (alongside either measures) as well as reducing severe illness/death.

Reactions: 6
We have no restrictions at all. I don’t get why not all data is being looked at i.e. the number of people of going into hospital and the number of people dying. This whole conversation about vaccines and transmission is a bit like groundhog day. Vaccines help to reduce transmission (alongside either measures) as well as reducing severe illness/death.
The Government need to make that crystal clear though ,there stance doesn’t suggest other measures are needed .

Reactions: 2
I actually think that if more people followed isolation rules, the better position we would be in. Everyone has their reasons but it’s pretty selfish not to care about passing it on. I don’t think the world should come to a stop due to covid but would be pretty disappointed in myself if I were to pass it on, where I could have prevented it, especially to someone elderly or with other health conditions.

Reactions: 4
I actually think that if more people followed isolation rules, the better position we would be in. Everyone has their reasons but it’s pretty selfish not to care about passing it on. I don’t think the world should come to a stop due to covid but would be pretty disappointed in myself if I were to pass it on, where I could have prevented it, especially to someone elderly or with other health conditions.
If people don't trust their vaccine (which is an AMAZING achievement of science) then they should not expect others who do trust it to curtail their lives or modify their behaviors to suit. The choice to live in perpetual self-isolation is there for all if anyone wants to take it.

Neither should people who don't trust their vaccine be imploring those who choose not to have it for whatever reason. Surely that is too ironic.

Reactions: 5
I’m in Wales and I just spoke to my husband about the new self-isolation rules and we’ve both made the decision to not test. If we don’t test, the other doesn’t have to isolate. We will also not be complying with any restrictions they bring back. This for us, ends now.
Love this. My husband has had 3 positive LFT and I’ve had 3 negative (we have not logged them). We have been ill but not severely. We have stayed away from the gym for 2 weeks now and got our shopping delivered but have gone for regular walks in the park to keep ourselves sane. We refuse to do PCR as a friend of mine had a positive PCR a few months ago, she declined a call from the NHS after filling out numerous forms and she got a threatening text from the council saying if she did not answer the phone, they would show up at her door to collect the information….!
Although technically we could use the PCR as proof of immunity, I can’t be bothered for the harassment from my GP, NHS and the council and whose to say they will eventually scrap that soon as they want every last breathing being 💉💉💉💉

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
If people don't trust their vaccine (which is an AMAZING achievement of science) then they should not expect others who do trust it to curtail their lives or modify their behaviors to suit. The choice to live in perpetual self-isolation is there for all if anyone wants to take it.

Neither should people who don't trust their vaccine be imploring those who choose not to have it for whatever reason. Surely that is too ironic.
Can’t expect everyone to act with decency and consideration to others!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It is literally grossing me out to see NHS anaesthetists/intensive care doctors from my local trust tweeting how frustrating it is to have unvaccinated patients in their ITU. pretty sure they wouldn’t dare say the same about obese patients.

I remember each year around the general election, we would receive correspondence from the communications department explicitly telling us not to broadcast our views on social media as NHS workers.

With regards to the trigger for “plan B” being of the NHS is overwhelmed… Every winter is tough. I remember as far back as 2014 we had winter pressures, surgery was cancelled. We had no beds. This is nothing new. People need to accept their precious NHS is not fit for purpose, it hasn’t been for a long time. It’s nothing to clap about, it’s become some left wing religion

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Love this. My husband has had 3 positive LFT and I’ve had 3 negative (we have not logged them). We have been ill but not severely. We have stayed away from the gym for 2 weeks now and got our shopping delivered but have gone for regular walks in the park to keep ourselves sane. We refuse to do PCR as a friend of mine had a positive PCR a few months ago, she declined a call from the NHS after filling out numerous forms and she got a threatening text from the council saying if she did not answer the phone, they would show up at her door to collect the information….!
Although technically we could use the PCR as proof of immunity, I can’t be bothered for the harassment from my GP, NHS and the council and whose to say they will eventually scrap that soon as they want every last breathing being 💉💉💉💉
Thank you for not logging your husbands result and contributing to this tyranny. The more tests that get logged, the higher chance of vaccine passports/lockdown etc. The more they will beat us with it. If its a sniffle just ignore. Only ICU and deaths should be recorded imo.

• Sick
Reactions: 9

But - and please correct me if I am wrong - I thought that the vaccines would only prevent serious illness, but not infection and transmission.

Which means that although I am vaccinated I can get the virus just as an unvaccinated person, and I can transmit it just as an unvaccinated person would, but I would be less likely to need to go to hospital or have long-term health damage.

Am I wrong here?

It is literally grossing me out to see NHS anaesthetists/intensive care doctors from my local trust tweeting how frustrating it is to have unvaccinated patients in their ITU. pretty sure they wouldn’t dare say the same about obese patients.

I remember each year around the general election, we would receive correspondence from the communications department explicitly telling us not to broadcast our views on social media as NHS workers.

With regards to the trigger for “plan B” being of the NHS is overwhelmed… Every winter is tough. I remember as far back as 2014 we had winter pressures, surgery was cancelled. We had no beds. This is nothing new. People need to accept their precious NHS is not fit for purpose, it hasn’t been for a long time. It’s nothing to clap about, it’s become some left wing religion
I honestly think a lot of doctors/consultants have always been judgemental pricks about their patients. I think the only difference now is shaming them has become somewhat acceptable on a global scale, so they’ve started vocalising it whereas they wouldn’t dare before. Well, not publicly anyway.

It has become fair game and in fact, actively encouraged, to treat the unvaxxed like murderous lepers. What a world.

Reactions: 13
I honestly think a lot of doctors/consultants have always been judgemental pricks about their patients. I think the only difference now is shaming them has become somewhat acceptable on a global scale, so they’ve started vocalising it whereas they wouldn’t dare before. Well, not publicly anyway.

It has become fair game and in fact, actively encouraged, to treat the unvaxxed like murderous lepers. What a world.
When they post themselves with their vaccination card smiling… or videoing them getting their jabs 🤮 the level of cringe.

Thank you for not logging your husbands result and contributing to this tyranny. The more tests that get logged, the higher chance of vaccine passports/lockdown etc. The more they will beat us with it. If its a sniffle just ignore. Only ICU and deaths should be recorded imo.
So everyone who has logged a result is contributing to tyranny? 🤦🏻‍♀️

When they post themselves with their vaccination card smiling… or videoing them getting their jabs 🤮 the level of cringe.
When people video themselves protesting outside schools, hospitals and businesses. The level of cringe. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8

When people video themselves protesting outside schools, hospital and businesses. The level of cringe. 🤷🏻‍♀️
The more people get tested, the longer this crap gets dragged out. Apply common sense, stay at home if you’re ill.

Reactions: 10
But - and please correct me if I am wrong - I thought that the vaccines would only prevent serious illness, but not infection and transmission.

Which means that although I am vaccinated I can get the virus just as an unvaccinated person, and I can transmit it just as an unvaccinated person would, but I would be less likely to need to go to hospital or have long-term health damage.

Am I wrong here?
You're right.

So what is the rationale to restrict freedoms when their is now a only a very small chance of serious illness? It's unprecedented.

If you're ill, stay at home and recover. If you're not, you shouldn't even be taking a test.

It's not March 2020 anymore.

Reactions: 12

When people video themselves protesting outside schools, hospitals and businesses. The level of cringe. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes in my opinion, now in October 2021, anyone with a sniffle or no symptoms (🤯) who registers their result is participating in tyranny. They are going to use these sniffle cases as a stick to beat us with. Bring in vaccine passports, lockdowns etc. If you require hospital treatment then yes get tested. They test for lots of things in hospitals. Testing though when you aren't even sick or just have a mild illness isn't right imo anymore as look where is it leading! 🔐⛓Like PP said. This isn't March 2020 anymore. Lets move on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Now the vaccines have given an excellent baseline of immunity to most then it makes more sense for us all to be maintaining that immunity through constant exposure to the virus.

It does not make sense to have overzealous NPIs to stop a glorified flu when we lose immunity to other infections as a consequence.

That is blindingly obvious.
You're right.

So what is the rationale to restrict freedoms when their is now a only a very small chance of serious illness? It's unprecedented.

If you're ill, stay at home and recover. If you're not, you shouldn't even be taking a test.

It's not March 2020 anymore.
But then vaccines do not provide immunity, do they?

They just prevent serious illness?

I guess the problem is, that many people are not vaccinated and need to be protected and that some vaccinated people will still get seriously ill.

Vaccines do provide immunity. Your body develops an immune response.

Interesting, it seems that different immune responses are possible: https://www.immunology.org/news/immunity-and-covid-19-what-do-we-know-so-far

Does everyone make the same immune response to SARS-CoV-2?
No. The immune response varies hugely between different people. Some people create a very effective immune response, so they will not get sick again from SARS-CoV-2 and will not pass the virus to anyone else. Others will make antibodies and be protected from getting sick with COVID-19 but may still be infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus and transmit it to others. Most people who are infected with SARS-CoV-2 make some form of immune response but whether this is effective at preventing reinfection in the future is not easy to determine.

We need to identity which immune markers (antibodies, T cells etc.) predict who is immune to COVID-19 and who is susceptible to either mild or severe disease. These markers will allow us to identify people who are at particular risk.

Are there any other factors that will have an impact on the level of immunity generated?
There are many factors that have an impact on the level of immunity generated, including age. Older people are less likely to make effective immune responses to infection, while there is evidence that children have a reduced antibody response to SARS-CoV-2.

Additionally, those people with weakened immune systems because of certain diseases or medication, will not be able to make as good an immune response as young healthy people.

How long does immunity to SARS-CoV-2 last?
As SARS-CoV-2 has only been around for a year, it is difficult to fully understand how long immunity lasts after infection. Current evidence suggests that antibody concentrations in the blood of people who have been infected do decline over time but can persist in some people for at least 8 months, and possibly longer, after infection. It has also been found that B and T cells that recognise SARS-CoV-2 are also present in the blood 8 months after infection. Exactly how long immunity will last will need a longer time to be determined but research into this is ongoing. For this reason, we do not yet know enough about the duration of protection to issue ‘immunity passports’.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.