Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hoping somebody can put my mind at ease. My friend dropped off a package and in passing mentioned that her children are sneezing and coughing. She believes they have a cold, neither her nor her husband are ill. He's vaxed she's not. I saw them on Friday, outside and had no contact with the kids although in close proximity for about an hour. The 2 year old started feeling ill Sat and the 5 month old Sunday.

Should I be concerned? I am anxious in general about Covid but don't want to make a big deal of this.

Hoping somebody can put my mind at ease. My friend dropped off a package and in passing mentioned that her children are sneezing and coughing. She believes they have a cold, neither her nor her husband are ill. He's vaxed she's not. I saw them on Friday, outside and had no contact with the kids although in close proximity for about an hour. The 2 year old started feeling ill Sat and the 5 month old Sunday.

Should I be concerned? I am anxious in general about Covid but don't want to make a big deal of this.
Kids get colds, I wouldn’t worry until there’s a need to worry, it’s pointless, and most likely they’re just suffering with a normal September/back to school cold.

Reactions: 9

I think this is a repercussion of what the media and government have been scaremongering over the past 2 years. People are afraid to be sick. If this happened 2 years ago would you be as nervous? I assume that you probably wouldn’t be. It’s awful what this whole pandemic has done to so many people. The fear is what is doing the most harm.

I understand your anxiety I really do and don’t want to come across as dismissive but it really upsets me that so many people are so afraid of sneezing and coughing. Even in a supermarket if you clear your throat people look at you like you have the plague. I hate this new world.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

It’s only natural to worry and feel anxious especially with during these times. Keep an eye on your little ones and perhaps do tests if that would put your mind at ease? I know not everyone is comfortable with the idea of testing young children. Only you know what will make you feel better/put your mind at ease.

Reactions: 6
I think this is a repercussion of what the media and government have been scaremongering over the past 2 years. People are afraid to be sick. If this happened 2 years ago would you be as nervous? I assume that you probably wouldn’t be. It’s awful what this whole pandemic has done to so many people. The fear is what is doing the most harm.

I understand your anxiety I really do and don’t want to come across as dismissive but it really upsets me that so many people are so afraid of sneezing and coughing. Even in a supermarket if you clear your throat people look at you like you have the plague. I hate this new world.
I agree with you but I specifically suffer woth health anxiety. So even getting the regular flu in the old days would make me panic 😂

I don’t tend to read anything about the virus because I know I will become a hermit somewhere on an abandoned island if I did🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m just a bit out of the loop with what to be careful of and didn’t want to google it. So thought you lot on the Rona threads would be more helpful 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7

People have every right to be afraid or feel anxious as Covid can be a serious illness for some - there is no way of knowing. Some people cannot help it either as health anxiety is very real.

Reactions: 10

Symptoms typically show within 5 days or so, if by Wed/Thurs you still feel okay then you are probably in the clear. Transmission outside is much less likely too. As a fellow person who suffers from health anxiety I sympathise with you.

Reactions: 2
I agree with you but I specifically suffer woth health anxiety. So even getting the regular flu in the old days would make me panic 😂

I don’t tend to read anything about the virus because I know I will become a hermit somewhere on an abandoned island if I did🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m just a bit out of the loop with what to be careful of and didn’t want to google it. So thought you lot on the Rona threads would be more helpful 😊
Try not to panic (much easier said than done!). Transmission is much lower outside and if you didn’t have contact with the kids it’s quite unlikely anything’s spread. you’re very wise not to google it and read up on it, the things I’ve read i should have been dead months ago 😅 might join you on that island!

• Haha
Well I'm baffled the toddlers had cold and cough for 4 days.
Lft tested negative.
Then my 15 year old and 12 year old same lft tests negative so booked pcr today alps negative but they feel really rough.
Anything else could be?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Lft tested negative.
Then my 15 year old and 12 year old same lft tests negative so booked pcr today alps negative but they feel really rough.
Anything else could be?
Just a common cold. Kids are going to be getting more and more bugs that aren’t necessarily covid because they’re actually allowed near each other now

Reactions: 11
Lft tested negative.
Anything else could be?
The cold. Its going to be more common as we go into the winter months with schools having returned and people being allowed to mix their germs again! The calpol plug in is really handy for kids overnight it should help get a decent sleep. It’s lavender and chamomile oils so not medicinal but can be quite effective. Hope it passes soon

Lft tested negative.
Anything else could be?
A cold can make people feel like tit. We've probably forgotten what a cold is like.

Reactions: 11
Thanks guys problem is so similar vi just want be responsible and stop them spreading it to others if they were to catch covid.
Have 2 in school today nursery are happy to take 3 years old back with cold explained i tested.
2 seniors hopefully return tommorow will make them do another lft tonight.
Pcr negative but they still feel rough.
I hope school are sympathetic this year towards attendance .

Reactions: 2
Thanks guys problem is so similar vi just want be responsible and stop them spreading it to others if they were to catch covid.
Have 2 in school today nursery are happy to take 3 years old back with cold explained i tested.
I found it hilarious my daughter got an attendance certificate last year (they obviously excluded lockdowns 😂), despite the fact it turned out she had asymptomatic covid at one point and probably helped spread it round the school 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Lft tested negative.
Anything else could be?
I had a bad cold a few months ago and was convinced it was covid too - but nope just a cold! PCR test, LFT, all negative. There are lots of upper respiratory illnesses and with children going back to school now is usually their "time to shine". Personally I'd forgotten how rough the cold can actually make me feel as well as I don't get them very often and the media has really downplayed them a lot since we've been struck with covid.

Reactions: 8
People still need time to recuperate from a cold, especially if they feel unwell. Colds can still be spread to others.

But a negative pcr is all that matters these days.

Reactions: 7
Has everyone just forgotten there are indeed illnesses other than COVID? There are over 200 *viruses* alone that can cause disease in humans. If you've got a negative test, you are just sick with something else. Crazy I know.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Son still poorly. Had PCR at 6.30 last night but no results back yet. He's sneezing a lot today so hoping it's just a cold but then he did have a very faint line on his lft. Just want to know now.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.