Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ī
I don't think sanitiser is a good thing but I do think there are positives (I hesitate to use that word) I think the last two years we have seen an influx of creativity on a fundamental level - things like Austyn F dancing in the street and where that lead, community - I know it isn't the same for all but the little pockets where Jim checks in on the neighbours and picks up groceries and how we appreciate what is on our doorstep. I live on the edge of the New Forest and so often it would have been overlooked for a week in Italy but now the beauty of what is on our door step is paramount. And selfishly covid brought us 'home' to England from overseas, at the time I didn't think that was a positive but for now it is.
What's the problem with sanitiser to you?

Reactions: 3
Does anyone think any good has/will come from this pandemic (besides more people "waking up" or whatever)?

I like the fact that most shops have hand sanitiser available on entry and I'd like this to be part of the 'new normal'.
I feel sorry for those who have suffered losses and/or financial hardship but I’ve made lots of family memories that one day we will look back on and almost disbelieve that we lived like this! But we got by and one day kids will learn about this as part of history,in some ways I think it’s amazing to have been part of it! I just hope that the number of losses doesn’t have to increase too much more,directly or indirectly linked to covid.

Reactions: 7
I feel sorry for those who have suffered losses and/or financial hardship but I’ve made lots of family memories that one day we will look back on and almost disbelieve that we lived like this! But we got by and one day kids will learn about this as part of history,in some ways I think it’s amazing to have been part of it! I just hope that the number of losses doesn’t have to increase too much more,directly or indirectly linked to covid.
I said this to parents other day
When we were kids , we interviewed grandparents for school projects living through WW2 , in years to come it could be us being interviewed living through covid

Reactions: 13
Does anyone think any good has/will come from this pandemic (besides more people "waking up" or whatever)?

I like the fact that most shops have hand sanitiser available on entry and I'd like this to be part of the 'new normal'.
The opportunity for people to work from home if they need/want to. In my first “real job” I was always told I couldn’t work from home but most people in my office were allowed to and it really pissed me off because I had all the equipment etc it wouldn’t have cost them anything to let me. It meant travelling back from an overnight in a different city i had to go into the office while others had the luxury of working from home those days! Even for things like being snowed in or having hospital appts etc. So I guess if I was in that situation now I would be able to work from home & that would be a good perk.

I also like that hand shakes are frowned upon now because I hate shaking hands with anyone 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Working from home and spend more time with my teens was a highlight to me.
Now we'll still work from home two days a week hopefully and it's great.

Reactions: 6
Hopefully people have learned some basic hygiene manners - washing hands, covering nose and mouth when sneezing/coughing and then washing hands again/using hand sanitiser. Other than that I lost my faith in people and humanity a long time ago. 🤪

I also hope it will be more socially acceptable, or even expected, to either take time off or work from home if you are ill. I really hate it when people come in coughing and spluttering everywhere because they don't think they're ill enough to be off work - doesn't mean your colleagues want to get ill too. And hopefully employers will be more sympathetic to this too so that people don't feel pressure to drag themselves in.

I don't think sanitiser is a good thing but I do think there are positives (I hesitate to use that word) I think the last two years we have seen an influx of creativity on a fundamental level - things like Austyn F dancing in the street and where that lead, community - I know it isn't the same for all but the little pockets where Jim checks in on the neighbours and picks up groceries and how we appreciate what is on our doorstep. I live on the edge of the New Forest and so often it would have been overlooked for a week in Italy but now the beauty of what is on our door step is paramount. And selfishly covid brought us 'home' to England from overseas, at the time I didn't think that was a positive but for now it is.
Yes I'd agree with this! I think appreciation for creativity and creative industries has vastly increased as people have realised that life can be pretty darn dull without it. And the New Forest is lovely! I haven't been for years but I really must visit again.

Reactions: 2
I said this to parents other day
When we were kids , we interviewed grandparents for school projects living through WW2 , in years to come it could be us being interviewed living through covid
100%. I think it’s pretty fascinating overall. Kids being out of school for months at a time, not being allowed into anyone’s home even your own parents/siblings etc, off work on furlough for months,massive changes for many businesses in the way they operate and for many people a permanent move to working from home-this will definitely be something people learn about in the future and no doubt ask questions re whether things could have been done better. I think people have honestly done amazing going through all this.

Reactions: 8

Short answer: no.
Long answer: noooooo.

I have no faith in people.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good things: more work life balance for a lot of people, lots of work places now looking at dynamic working more seriously. Actually think it has helped women in the work place in the long run due to that.

But as for all the other bollocks, it can go away 😂

• Haha

I quite liked the 2 metre distance.

Cannot stand people in my personal space!!

And apps to order in bars and more table service

I also hoped more people would wash their hands but it doesnt appear to happen! And cover their mouths when coughing

Ī
For me its the fact it doesnt kill germs properly, just weakens them and spreads them around until you can wash them properly.

It irritates my skin and causes it to split because it irritates me to the point I want to RIP my own skin off

It gives people a false sense of security that they are clean and I see too many children slathering it all over their hands encouraged by parents rather than proper handwashing

Ī
I’ve always loved a spot of sanitiser personally I always used it after using public transport because people scratch their bum and touch things (as well as other things😂) I was in a great position when the pandemic hit I had tonnes of bath and body works sanitiser stocked up 😂

I have a friend who would argue that this is actually the worst thing to come out of the last two years because he kept on ordering pints at the wrong pub 🤣
I've done that but only at Wetherspoons because I forgot to change pubs!

The ones by me have qr codes instead of apps which is easier

Reactions: 1
Worst thing reduced menus at Greggs and McDonald’s 😂
Omg yes and the fact that dominoes STILL cannot make a half and half. I can sit in a theatre with hundreds of people but you can’t put 2 different toppings on my pizza…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.