Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They need to bring in the army medics and have feet on the ground doing something. They also need to stop refusing people gp treatment face to face this is contributing to late diagnosis. If they treated their staff better and had better working package it would be a much better workforce for retention of staff. The government failed the nhs long before covid. The nhs is too top heavy. Too many managers on massive salaries and not enough people providing healthcare and not enough positive morale.

View attachment 774142
Holy tit what is life. What is life. Is this really a good use of police resources?!?!! Seizing chicken. Stop the bus!
That article is from where I live now in Auckland and we are level 4 lockdown , they travelled to Hamilton which is over 90 mins away and they also had approx 51k in cash too which is probs the real reason for being pulled over

Reactions: 10
That article is from where I live now in Auckland and we are level 4 lockdown , they travelled to Hamilton which is over 90 mins away and they also had approx 51k in cash too which is probs the real reason for being pulled over
Ok fair enough, didn’t know the full story just thought it was outrageous having their chicken seized 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
There are far, far too many managers and directors in the NHS. People who should be making decisions but just don't get on with it. People who hold meetings, to discuss how meetings will go, and other meetings to discuss those meetings. It's carnage, and money (their salaries) should be spent on more medical staff and equipment.

With regard to finding more medical staff, I think we've currently peaked until junior doctors and nurses, as well as those who are now at uni, have finished training. The alternative we are left with is to open the door to allow more foreign doctors, nurses and anaesthetists into the UK to help us.

Reactions: 8
There are far, far too many managers and directors in the NHS. People who should be making decisions but just don't get on with it. People who hold meetings, to discuss how meetings will go, and other meetings to discuss those meetings. It's carnage, and money (their salaries) should be spent on more medical staff and equipment.

With regard to finding more medical staff, I think we've currently peaked until junior doctors and nurses, as well as those who are now at uni, have finished training. The alternative we are left with is to open the door to allow more foreign doctors, nurses and anaesthetists into the UK to help us.
100% agree. Far too top heavy. The meetings about meetings is utter ridiculousness. We’re never going to get on top of it at any decent pace there’s going to have to be huge sacrifices to peoples lives whatever moves they do next.

Reactions: 3
100% agree. Far too top heavy. The meetings about meetings is utter ridiculousness. We’re never going to get on top of it at any decent pace there’s going to have to be huge sacrifices to peoples lives whatever moves they do next.
I agree. I think that if they employed a few top corporate people things would change quickly and dramatically. First, they would cull from the top down. Then they would insist that decisions are made, that actions are dealt with by deadlines, and noone would be allowed to simply say - they didn't have time!!!!!! They would also stop so many meetings taking place.

I'll get off my soapbox now. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians springs to mind.

Reactions: 3
More good news :) Society back open, masks optional, social distancing scrapped and less people in hospital now than when restrictions were eased.

Glad to see that. Ours are the fullest they've been all pandemic. The hospital morgues were over capacity at the weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The whole things a tit show. Just saw in Northern Ireland the headlines say their health service will “topple over” without action. Their waiting lists are the worst in the whole of the U.K. it’s barbaric long before covid was ever around
NI is and has been shocking for medical wait lists for ages. I recently got a dermatology referral but opted to go private instead - the private hospital still had a wait list for dermo appointments (I called up in late July and received an appointment in mid September - if I'd wanted a particular dermatologist I would have to wait even longer than that). I'm guessing this is due to lots of people opting for private medical now instead.

NI is and has been shocking for medical wait lists for ages. I recently got a dermatology referral but opted to go private instead - the private hospital still had a wait list for dermo appointments (I called up in late July and received an appointment in mid September - if I'd wanted a particular dermatologist I would have to wait even longer than that). I'm guessing this is due to lots of people opting for private medical now instead.
It’s horrendous! I’ve a friend who works in dermatology in NI and she tells me an urgent referral is 2 years in her trust and red flags up to 12 weeks!!!! Supposed to be 2 weeks 3 weeks max. That was a few months ago I’ve not asked her about it since. Absolutely shocking can see why so many are forced to go private it’s ridiculous and for the people who simply can’t afford it it’s horrible that they’re expected to wait that long!

• Wow

20% sounds about right. On the train journeys I have been on I would say the people wearing a mask the most are actually college children who won't have had time yet to get two doses. Older people it's few and far between. Trains have good air conditioning, most of the country are fully vaccinated and we trust our immune systems. Mandatory mask wearing should never come back and as the article says it would be hard for places to implement because people are used to it being choice again.

20% sounds about right. On the train journeys I have been on I would say the people wearing a mask the most are actually college children who won't have had time yet to get two doses. Older people it's few and far between. Trains have good air conditioning, most of the country are fully vaccinated and we trust our immune systems. Mandatory mask wearing should never come back and as the article says it would be hard for places to implement because people are used to it being choice again.
I rarely get the train. However I got a train the week after the mask mandate was removed. I would say 95% of people were wearing a mask, myself included. I will next be getting a train this Friday and I won't be wearing a mask. I assume a lot of people have slowly dropped them

Reactions: 2

I get the train 3 days a week from Sussex to London. I would say its about 70-80% wearing them but the trains are nearly back to pre pandemic capacity so it is much busier. I don't wear one.

Reactions: 1
I get the train 3 days a week from Sussex to London. I would say its about 70-80% wearing them but the trains are nearly back to pre pandemic capacity so it is much busier. I don't wear one.
I notice a big difference between overground and underground trains. Overground (where not compulsory) seems to have a lot wearing masks, I'd say about 70 per cent on my train. Tube (where is compulsory) I would say about 60 per cent weekdays and mostly maskless at weekends

Reactions: 1

I get the train 3 times a week and it’s about 50/50 masks v non mask. The trains are for sure getting back to pre covid capacity though. I don’t wear one and now don’t wear a mask for anything unless it’s mandated (I.e my doctors require them still).

Feeling very nervous right now! Double jabbed (as of 6 days ago!) and should have immunity as I had covid about 3 months ago. But woken up with a very sore roof of my mouth this morning and a bit of a runny nose. Going to do a lft just to be on the safe side!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.