Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like this too, less for them to loose
My kids school have gone back to taking in PE kits, it’s awful! Double for me to carry 😂 and for the kids to lose. So much easier the kids going in their PE kits.

Reactions: 3
Thank you. He's feeling pretty rotten but he's almost 15 so he's taken himself off to bed again. Doesn't require much looking after thankfully so can just leave him to it for the most part.
Hope hes feeling better soon ♥ xx

• Heart
Sons lft this morning. Pretty sure there's a really faint line. Booked in for a pcr this evening
Mine was the same yesterday and I have my PCR tomorrow. Feeling fine for now so I'm still working from home, hope it won't be too bad for him. 💛

Reactions: 1
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here could help me? A lady I know is an unvacced single mum, and her oldest has tested positive for covid. The school are telling her she has to bring the siblings into school anyway, but she’s unvacced so she’s supposed to be isolating, and also can’t leave her oldest at home indoors alone, what is she supposed to do here? Can they actually fine her for non attendance of the siblings? As you can imagine as a single mum money is tight.

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here could help me? A lady I know is an unvacced single mum, and her oldest has tested positive for covid. The school are telling her she has to bring the siblings into school anyway, but she’s unvacced so she’s supposed to be isolating, and also can’t leave her oldest at home indoors alone, what is she supposed to do here? Can they actually fine her for non attendance of the siblings? As you can imagine as a single mum money is tight.
Could she not find another parent to take them? The school cannot make her leave the house and if she has no other option I would expect there to be some tolerance under exceptional circumstances. Has she actually spoken to the school? Perhaps an email to her local MP?

In this case, I think it would be best to tell the siblings teacher that they are also under the weather and keep them off too.

She should tell the school she has a legal obligation to isolate and that she’s a single parent so therefore the children will be off until her isolation ends. They would have a difficult case trying to enforce a fine in her circumstances. I doubt any other parents or adults would want to call and collect the kid knowing they’ve been exposed to covid too even though one isn’t positive there’s a chance that’ll change.

Reactions: 5
Could she not find another parent to take them? The school cannot make her leave the house and if she has no other option I would expect there to be some tolerance under exceptional circumstances. Has she actually spoken to the school? Perhaps an email to her local MP?
I think the school did advise her to try and find another person to take them, but there’s three of them and so it’s a lot of extra kids for someone to take! I was hoping I could find some official guidance for this situation but there doesn’t seem to be any having trawled gov.uk. Thanks for the reply though!

I think the school did advise her to try and find another person to take them, but there’s three of them and so it’s a lot of extra kids for someone to take! I was hoping I could find some official guidance for this situation but there doesn’t seem to be any having trawled gov.uk. Thanks for the reply though!
I guess the guidance is, she needs to isolate and that trumps anything the school says.

Sons lft this morning. Pretty sure there's a really faint line. Booked in for a pcr this evening
Ooh this happened to my my husband very recently - super faint LFT however his PCR came back negative. I assume the PCR is the one thats right? He had zero symptoms but did the LFT a few days after he'd been out drinking with work colleagues.

Ooh this happened to my my husband very recently - super faint LFT however his PCR came back negative. I assume the PCR is the one thats right? He had zero symptoms but did the LFT a few days after he'd been out drinking with work colleagues.
Yea I’d go by PCR as LFTs are quite unreliable a lot of the time!

My son tested positive this morning on a lateral flow. He had a little bit off a cough and I thought I’d just do one so that I could tell the school I’d checked him if they asked. Came up positive within seconds! Horrible to think it’s in our house now :/
If any of your children have had it, how were they?x

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My son tested positive this morning on a lateral flow. He had a little bit off a cough and I thought I’d just do one so that I could tell the school I’d checked him if they asked. Came up positive within seconds! Horrible to think it’s in our house now :/
If any of your children have had it, how were they?x
My two year old had it the same time as us. She was just very lethargic, spent 3 days asleep, kept saying her head hurt and her ears, was off her food for a while but I think she lost her taste because she even went off her favourite foods for a while. She did make somewhat of a miraculous recovery though, she went for a nap, woke up and it was like she’d never been poorly. Try not to worry too much, as difficult as it is because I think parents always worry. X

Reactions: 4
Ī
What's the problem with sanitiser to you?
I hate the sanitizers stores use. It is gloopy and sticky. I carry my own Bath and Bodyworks one with me, I always have had one in my bag, even pre covid. In the beginning of covid, I used to always sanitize my hands going into a store... now I don't. My hands got so sore and dry. I will sanitize them when I get back to my car and then properly wash them at home. That is enough for me... or if I am gonna eat in public then I will.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.