Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone think any good has/will come from this pandemic (besides more people "waking up" or whatever)?

I like the fact that most shops have hand sanitiser available on entry and I'd like this to be part of the 'new normal'.
Personally i like that our school has kept the pe kits to be worn on pe day "rule" makes life easier

Reactions: 20
I really liked being social distant at the cinema and on public transport

Reactions: 10
The vaccine is still essential though but somehow people don't trust science.
France is doing quite good except in the places where vaccines were massively rejected (for different reasons).
French Antilles only have like 25% of double vaccinated people now (it's around 70% in the rest) and it's a total disaster (especially Martinique). They are little (temporary confined) islands so will reach a certain immunity but how many sick people and deaths which could have been avoided? And the state of hospitals...
I trust science. I don't trust government science. Politics and science shouldn't mix.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For me its the fact it doesnt kill germs properly, just weakens them and spreads them around until you can wash them properly.

It irritates my skin and causes it to split because it irritates me to the point I want to RIP my own skin off

It gives people a false sense of security that they are clean and I see too many children slathering it all over their hands encouraged by parents rather than proper handwashing
Yes it's basically alcohol+water, but let's agree it's better than nothing most of the time. We already used it before the pandemic in my family (outside home).

Reactions: 4
Here McDonald's portions haven't changed. Are you sure it's about the pandemic?😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Shame cine
my cinema still aren't booking people directly next to you - its lovely! wonder if it will change for big releases i.e bond though
shame cineworld have stopped
My friends went last week and there was hell on as they removed the gaps and hadn’t told customers

Reactions: 2
My son is really unwell. He is coughing, feverish and really sleepy. This started on Friday evening. We've done 2 lfts both negative but trying to book him in for a PCR but no availability. Does anyone know how the home tests work if I request one. How long until it's delivered and roughly how long for results?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
For me its the fact it doesnt kill germs properly, just weakens them and spreads them around until you can wash them properly.

It irritates my skin and causes it to split because it irritates me to the point I want to RIP my own skin off

It gives people a false sense of security that they are clean and I see too many children slathering it all over their hands encouraged by parents rather than proper handwashing
I totally agree that it is a false sense of security. It is not a substitute for handwashing as often it is a case of sanitising dirt. And there are some things it doesn't kill and soap and water are better.

But I think it's a good idea to have sanitiser in case people want to use it .

Reactions: 5
My son is really unwell. He is coughing, feverish and really sleepy. This started on Friday evening. We've done 2 lfts both negative but trying to book him in for a PCR but no availability. Does anyone know how the home tests work if I request one. How long until it's delivered and roughly how long for results?
Sorry to hear your son is so unwell. PCR test will be delivered the day after placing order online and turnaround time for results is around 24 hours. I ordered a PCR last weekend as I was identified as a contact of someone who recently tested positive for Covid-19. Ordered test on Saturday, it was delivered on Sunday afternoon. I took test on Monday morning - sent it off and got the results Tuesday morning. Hope your son gets well soon.

Sorry to hear your son is so unwell. PCR test will be delivered the day after and turnaround time for results is around 24 hours. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Thank you. Am hoping it's just a virus picked up from school but better to be safe. Will try again first thing in morning for a test site but if no joy I'll order a test

Reactions: 3
They come fairly quickly, I think next day so you'd likely get it tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday . You do the test ,fill the info in online and post it as soon as you can. When we did them it came back in about 24 hours.

Does anyone think any good has/will come from this pandemic (besides more people "waking up" or whatever)?

I like the fact that most shops have hand sanitiser available on entry and I'd like this to be part of the 'new normal'.
I quite like pre- booking attractions and having a timeslot.

I'm not spontaneous, I like to plan everything.

Thank you. Am hoping it's just a virus picked up from school but better to be safe. Will try again first thing in morning for a test site but if no joy I'll order a test
I would order a home one now, it will be in the process of being dispatched by the time you would be looking to get a test.

No matter what he is suffering from , I hope he feels better soon

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I quite like pre- booking attractions and having a timeslot.

I'm not spontaneous, I like to plan everything.
Same for me 😂 It was really great to be able to book things and to know they wouldn’t be heaving! Especially my fave National Trist properties!

Other pros- love having the option to WFH now. We had laptops and Skype pre panny-d but if you did work from home the bosses were always a bit sceptical.

Don’t have to put up with my colleagues shite banter. Also not big on lunch/after work pub trips so not having to think of excuses every week was very enjoyable hahaha.

My skin has got a lot better since WFH and only wearing make up once or twice a week. I’ve also learned a lot more about skincare and have bought about 816361 serums and face creams 💆🏻‍♀️

I think the Insta/tiktok/Twitter content over the last 18 months has been so funny, in particular all the Matt Hancock memes when he was caught out! 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Hey

Weve had this
One son ill, took a LF test Saturday morning and it was negative
Took one again Saturday night positive but a faint line and did another and positive. All booked a PCR and got the results other son also positive no symptoms but I had dine four LF tests on him since Friday
Its Nuts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.