Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nannycaff54

Most likely. I see very few masks around now so they might go back to making them mandatory, which wouldn't bother me especially as it keeps you warm now the weather will soon be getting colder. WFH advice will go back to being recommended. They might give more ages the booster jab or go even younger than 16 for first jabs.

I don't see them going back to shutting hospitality or telling us we cannot see friends or family.
Warning, very selfish post coming up.
As some of you may be aware my grandson who has learning disabilities lost his job at the airport at the beginning of COVID but eventually managed to get a job at McDonald's. We'll, that didn't go to well as he was bullied to the point he went to the train tracks and was contemplating about whether his life was worth living. Anyway, I persuaded him that he was worth more than the bullies. 4 of the bullies were dismissed but he could face going back he though the manager promised he would be protected, nobody should have to be protected at work.
Now the good but selfish part. He has got his job back at the airport and the change in him is amazing, so no, I cannot contemplate another lockdown especially at the airports. Some peoples mental health will spiral out of control.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
I can't believe almost two years later we are still mired in this shit. Honestly, I am just sick and tired of it being considered 'news' and of the headlines being about this many cases and the R number etc etc. Just let us get on with our lives. Covid exists and probably will for decades to come, just whyyyyy are we still so bloody useless at dealing with it.

#rantover

• Angry
Reactions: 24

SarahGard83

VIP Member
My almost 15 year old has had his first vaccine. There was no pressure from me he made the decision himself. He was eligible as I'm CEV and he is also on medication himself for psoriatic arthritis. I know it's not for everyone and I'll probably get hate for letting him have it but we did what was right for us a family.
Had we all been healthy then who knows which way it'd have gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Nannycaff54

This actually brought tears to my eyes. So sorry your Grandson went through this, and you and the rest of the family. I am so pleased he is happy at the airport. Do t feel selfish. At the end of the day, we are all being governed by wanting to protect and do what’s best for our loved ones.
Thank you so much, I'm sorry it brought you to tears. He went off to do his 1st night shift with the biggest smile ever and I can very proudly say he managed to get himself there including changing trains. The old company used to supply transport so this was a major challenge for him. I've raised him on my own since he was 6 and I am so blooming proud of him and I can tell myself that despite the hard work, it's been worth it. He is a super star. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 21

JLXRD

VIP Member
Am I the only person who sees the current figures and thinks they are not really that bad? I feel like when they lifted the restrictions on July 19th they were predicting we would be at 100k cases a day by mid august - realistically we are really very far off that.

Considering everything is open with almost no restrictions, it’s not raising at nearly the rate I thought it would. Most people I know are living pretty much pre covid with the exception of not being in the office full time yet (but most won’t be doing that at all now). Shows, weddings, clubbing - with those kind of events I was expecting massive numbers.

With the rate of naturally acquired immunity we are getting atm along with vaccines as well, we are actually not in too bad of a place going into winter. It’s not ideal but I thought it would be much worse I guess.

Reactions: 19

monga

VIP Member
Wanna bet! Mine will be resembling Jack Frost before I’ll homeschool again 🥶:devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 19

xoxo GG

VIP Member
We are also riddled with the rona here. My husband tested positive on a lateral flow on Sunday, PCR done same day and received his positive early hours of this morning. We are now all symptomatic including my two year old which is absolutely breaking my heart. I’ve now tested positive on a LFT so have a PCR booked in for tomorrow morning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
NZ are off the charts in how utterly ridiculous they are responding to this. Apparently people are not even allowed to order takeaways or any items off the Internet that the government deems non essential?! I thought Easter egg gate here was bad but Jesus Christ. If I were in NZ I’d be throwing myself off a bridge right now. What do these people have to live for?! We all know covid is never going to disappear.

• Sad
  • Wow

Ding

VIP Member
It upsets me, people saying they have no sympathy for anyone thats not been vaccinated and gets ill. Comments like "if they want to look on facebook and believe stuff on there" 🙄
Everyones situation is personal and different. I have had both mine, but my partner hasn't. The fear of covid literally drove him crazy last year and sparked off health/harm related ocd and anxiety which was terrifying for him and myself to see him go though. Hes finally back on track now, but something like having the vaccine could spark it all off again.
Trust me, I would love him to have the vaccine, and have explained everything, but and the end of the day its a personal choice.
(I'm really worried, as I am starting to get back out there and do things, but I cannot live my life not going anywhere just because he hasn't been vaccinated 😒)

I know, still, some people will eye roll at the excuse. But people dont know of the hell we went through last year.

• Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
I'd have put money on their being another lockdown to be honest. I'm due our second baby in autumn and am fully prepared for her not to be able to meet family for months and months.
If there is a lockdown meet them anyway. Masks, rule of six etc fair enough if they are brought back. But never again will I not go to the home of a friend or family member or stop them coming to see me no matter what Boris says.

Reactions: 16

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Booked to see live music for the first time since this all started. It's only a band in our local pub but I honestly can't wait to hear a band again. Bring on the cocktails and get me on that dance floor!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Tublet83

VIP Member
I disagree with you. It is his lived experience when he’s talking about his experience of being on the trial, he doesn’t gain anything whatsoever by sharing his experience so it would be bizarre for him to lie about it. He’s talking about what happened to him. Just because it didn’t happen to you doesn’t make it a lie. That’s like suggesting everyone who goes to the dentist for a filling will have the same experience, similar yes but not exactly the same.

I highly doubt any potential participant of a drugs trial would be put off based on one persons experience captured in the daily Mail.

I don’t think it’s fair to go around calling people liars. I’ll leave it at that, it’s not that deep.
Given I am on the trial and have experienced this first hand, we all get the same information emailed in writing. It’s not about an experience, it’s a nationally managed process with strict protocols, and he is lying (and with holding) information that all participants have been provided.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Long covid symptoms are the same as symptoms gained from other viral infections. This cannot be true. We've never seen anything like long covid before.

I don't understand what's happened to this thread. It seems most posters are very nonchalant about covid.
We have gone back to living life how it was meant to be lived. Life is too short to live under restrictions that ruin our economy and mental health. People are entitled to stay hidden under their stairs and only take a mask off to brush their teeth, just as the rest of us are entitled to stop wearing masks and get back to the things we enjoy in life.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
This ends when we say it does. It is never just one month. Is the curve flattened yet?! I can't tell you the number of people on here who call me/us conspiracy theorists, who laughed at the fact we have protested so much. The protests are ignored by a media who are complicit. There won't be a general election and even if they was we have no opposition. It leaves mass civil disobedience and a complete disregard for any coronavirus legislation on the table.

Like Mahatma Ghandi once said -- civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state becomes lawless or corrupt.

Wokewank

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry at some of the posts. How do people know who they caught it off or where they caught it???!!
Blaming places and events blah blah.
Two family members worked in supermarkets all through, before masks and when that was the only place people were allowed but have never got ill , while an elderly man I know practically not left house since last march except to be jabbed caught covid, presumably from the postman/delivery man? Who knows,who cares. Get a grip.

• Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
My almost 15 year old has had his first vaccine. There was no pressure from me he made the decision himself. He was eligible as I'm CEV and he is also on medication himself for psoriatic arthritis. I know it's not for everyone and I'll probably get hate for letting him have it but we did what was right for us a family.
Had we all been healthy then who knows which way it'd have gone.
I don’t think anyone will give you hate for making a decision that suits you and your family. I think the only thing people get upset about is when the choice is taken away from them or they feel that as a parent their decision will be overridden with the fear mongering in the news about children not needing parental consent if they’re competent etc. I think most people will be happy for you that you are happy with your sons choice so you’ve made the right decision for you and your family.

(I say this as someone who won’t take a vaccination.)

• Heart