Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #102

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does the hospital admissions quoted include only adults or children as well.

As in the entire UK over 1000kids were admitted hospital with covid 19.
Also fair few in August too.
So really worried about strain on children's hospital in September.
Our local was saying in July don't visit unless absolutely necessary..
A few years ago they restructured our hospitals so you have take kids to children's hospital.

Attachments

Jesus christ. Those numbers are high. Are they all unvaccinated people? How are vaccines in Scotland now? I know there was a slow rollout from talking to family there.
Our province is having around 700 a day and majority are mostly unvaccinated or people who are not yet 2+ weeks post shot.

Also any mention of vaccinating kids yet in the UK? I know there was hesitancy but it makes a huge difference in outbreaks. Here now, many of the young getting covid are below 12 as they can't get vaccinated yet but it will hopefully be passed for them soon. Many babies are ending up in hospital with delta 🙁
Many babies are in hospital with Delta?! 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Does the hospital admissions quoted include only adults or children as well.

As in the entire UK over 1000kids were admitted hospital with covid 19.
Also fair few in August too.
So really worried about strain on children's hospital in September.
Our local was saying in July don't visit unless absolutely necessary..
A few years ago they restructured our hospitals so you have take kids to children's hospital.
I'd like to see data breaking down those admitted with covid and those admitted for Covid in all age groups. I'd also like the same for the vaccinated and unvaccinated in age groups.

Reactions: 6
Continuing to spread in New Zealand

Lockdowns don't work Jacinda. Not even extreme ones.
They do; n th short term. As proven by the UKs.... Until they increase.up the Vax uptake that is...

I had covid in January. Off work for 7 weeks, went back beginning of March and my taste and smell came back around May time

And people said I was bonkers for saying this would happen.

"They will never stop people going into food shops or pubs or bars or restaurants or cafes or theatres or cinemas or concerts or leaving the country for work or holiday, dont be so ridiculous"
You need to show a Vax pport to even down at an outside cafe/seating area in France. Personally I'm all for it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
First week back! …ROI are allowing pregnant teachers to take leave if they wish .

Reactions: 1
Most likely. I see very few masks around now so they might go back to making them mandatory, which wouldn't bother me especially as it keeps you warm now the weather will soon be getting colder. WFH advice will go back to being recommended. They might give more ages the booster jab or go even younger than 16 for first jabs.

I don't see them going back to shutting hospitality or telling us we cannot see friends or family.
Warning, very selfish post coming up.
As some of you may be aware my grandson who has learning disabilities lost his job at the airport at the beginning of COVID but eventually managed to get a job at McDonald's. We'll, that didn't go to well as he was bullied to the point he went to the train tracks and was contemplating about whether his life was worth living. Anyway, I persuaded him that he was worth more than the bullies. 4 of the bullies were dismissed but he could face going back he though the manager promised he would be protected, nobody should have to be protected at work.
Now the good but selfish part. He has got his job back at the airport and the change in him is amazing, so no, I cannot contemplate another lockdown especially at the airports. Some peoples mental health will spiral out of control.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

Kids as young as 12 to be jabbed in the new school term and no parental consent is needed. That's going to ruffle a few feathers. It's one thing allowing 16-17 year olds to make up the choice for themselves as to me they are young adults. But 12-15 they are still children.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
They are still children
16-17 year olds are young adults not children. They can legally start a family, join the army and do other things. They are old enough to have the right to decide if they want the vaccine or not. 12-15 though this is going to open a can of worms.

Another hospital in trouble struggling to cope. Feel for people in Plymouth who will go in to a panic worrying their appointment for something will get cancelled.

Reactions: 2

Kids as young as 12 to be jabbed in the new school term and no parental consent is needed. That's going to ruffle a few feathers. It's one thing allowing 16-17 year olds to make up the choice for themselves as to me they are young adults. But 12-15 they are still children.
I’m honestly for it and I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Most kids will still follow what their parents say, and the difference would probably be only seen in cases where the parents are anti-vaccine and the child feels that they know better or wants the vaccine for x or y reasons - which again, is probably fine assuming the risks are low and the child understands what they are. I really don’t think parents should be able to their kids just because they hold certain beliefs 🤷🏼‍♀️ If the kid chooses to agree with their parents/agrees with them then at least they have some sort of choice there

I recently found out that some of my extended relatives have refused to vaccinate their child (I think they’re a newborn or a toddler) at all. I honestly hope that their child is given the opportunity to get vaccines by an age where they understand their situation and may feel different to their parents without needing parental consent, hopefully before they’re 16 or 18. Obviously covid may not be as dangerous as other viruses but eh

Reactions: 5
16-17 year olds are young adults not children. They can legally start a family, join the army and do other things. They are old enough to have the right to decide if they want the vaccine or not. 12-15 though this is going to open a can of worms.

Another hospital in trouble struggling to cope. Feel for people in Plymouth who will go in to a panic worrying their appointment for something will get cancelled.
I meant 12-15 year olds!

Reactions: 3
I’m honestly for it and I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Most kids will still follow what their parents say, and the difference would probably be only seen in cases where the parents are anti-vaccine and the child feels that they know better or wants the vaccine for x or y reasons - which again, is probably fine assuming the risks are low and the child understands what they are. I really don’t think parents should be able to their kids just because they hold certain beliefs 🤷🏼‍♀️ If the kid chooses to agree with their parents/agrees with them then at least they have some sort of choice there

I recently found out that some of my extended relatives have refused to vaccinate their child (I think they’re a newborn or a toddler) at all. I honestly hope that their child is given the opportunity to get vaccines by an age where they understand their situation and may feel different to their parents without needing parental consent, hopefully before they’re 16 or 18. Obviously covid may not be as dangerous as other viruses but eh
There could be childhood health issues that a child that age might not be aware they had or that doctors couldn’t find an answer for. I think parental consent is important.

Wonder what the punishment will be 👀

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Warning, very selfish post coming up.
As some of you may be aware my grandson who has learning disabilities lost his job at the airport at the beginning of COVID but eventually managed to get a job at McDonald's. We'll, that didn't go to well as he was bullied to the point he went to the train tracks and was contemplating about whether his life was worth living. Anyway, I persuaded him that he was worth more than the bullies. 4 of the bullies were dismissed but he could face going back he though the manager promised he would be protected, nobody should have to be protected at work.
Now the good but selfish part. He has got his job back at the airport and the change in him is amazing, so no, I cannot contemplate another lockdown especially at the airports. Some peoples mental health will spiral out of control.
This actually brought tears to my eyes. So sorry your Grandson went through this, and you and the rest of the family. I am so pleased he is happy at the airport. Do t feel selfish. At the end of the day, we are all being governed by wanting to protect and do what’s best for our loved ones.

Reactions: 12

I’m vaccinated, as is my OH but there is no way on earth our child will be getting vaccinated.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

There's a massive difference here between the standard childhood vaccinations and the covid vaccine.

All mine have had their normal vaccines. At the appointment with all 3 of them I was told every single risk of vaccination and not vaccinating, and at no point did I ever feel that I didn't have an informed choice. I 100% knew the risks.

If I didn't agree with any kind of vaccine, I do agree that when a child is legally an adult that they should get to choose what they want in their body.

The way the covid vaccine is being sold to kids is manipulative. They're being told they're completely safe and that if they don't get it then they're risking everyone else's lives.
All the adverse side effects are being played down, and like it or not we still have no long term data on what is a completely new medicine.

At 12 all I wanted to do was play out with my friends, listen to my favourite boy band and watch tele. I wasn't thinking about my future, if I wanted a family and my responsibility towards anyone - as it should be for any child.

It's not fair that after a year of being told that by getting the vaccine protected you, that it had made older people safe, that kids have a slim to none chance of getting seriously ill and that the risk of covid outweighs the risk of vaccinating against it.
That seems to have been lost along the way though.

It's our job as grown ups to protect the young, it's our job to weigh up risk and its our job to take risk for them.

If you want your child to have the vaccine then consent, but thats where its needs to end. If you don't consent then that needs to be respected.

Science says that even if we vaccinated every single person on the plant (kids included) that we wouldn't get rid of covid and hospital cases, so to risk serous side effects and possible long term damage on minors is a science experiment too far.

If when they get to 16/17 and they want it then let them choose, but right now adults have to be respected in their choice fir their child - just like with any other highly communicable disease (which covid isn't)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Has anyone done a lft after recently being positive? I know pcr say not to test within 90 days, are lft the same? Kids dad wants them to do one before going for lunch 😏 his mum is very vulnerable and hospitalised for 3 months with pneumonia just before covid was around so I've said we'd do one

We had the flu vaccine information and consent forms recently (Scotland), for children to receive the flu vaccine in school. I believe it said high-school children can still ask to have it if consent hasn't been given by a parent. Not sure how I feel about that.

There's a massive difference here between the standard childhood vaccinations and the covid vaccine.

All mine have had their normal vaccines. At the appointment with all 3 of them I was told every single risk of vaccination and not vaccinating, and at no point did I ever feel that I didn't have an informed choice. I 100% knew the risks.

If I didn't agree with any kind of vaccine, I do agree that when a child is legally an adult that they should get to choose what they want in their body.

The way the covid vaccine is being sold to kids is manipulative. They're being told they're completely safe and that if they don't get it then they're risking everyone else's lives.
All the adverse side effects are being played down, and like it or not we still have no long term data on what is a completely new medicine.

At 12 all I wanted to do was play out with my friends, listen to my favourite boy band and watch tele. I wasn't thinking about my future, if I wanted a family and my responsibility towards anyone - as it should be for any child.

It's not fair that after a year of being told that by getting the vaccine protected you, that it had made older people safe, that kids have a slim to none chance of getting seriously ill and that the risk of covid outweighs the risk of vaccinating against it.
That seems to have been lost along the way though.

It's our job as grown ups to protect the young, it's our job to weigh up risk and its our job to take risk for them.

If you want your child to have the vaccine then consent, but thats where its needs to end. If you don't consent then that needs to be respected.

Science says that even if we vaccinated every single person on the plant (kids included) that we wouldn't get rid of covid and hospital cases, so to risk serous side effects and possible long term damage on minors is a science experiment too far.

If when they get to 16/17 and they want it then let them choose, but right now adults have to be respected in their choice fir their child - just like with any other highly communicable disease (which covid isn't)
Adverse side affects are minimal. More chance of a blood clot from the contraceptive pill.

Adverse side affects are minimal. More chance of a blood clot from the contraceptive pill.
In an older female yes, but not in a 12yr old girl there isn't, and the jabs seem to be affecting young boys more than girls with myocarditis and pericarditis

Eta that women are monitored very carefully when taking the pill. Lots of family history is taken and a Dr weighs up the risk of administering it.
Thats not being done with the covid vaccines. You're dismissed and that's that

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.