Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #102

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never swabbed my tonsils on a LFT. We’ve been told from the beginning nostrils only

Reactions: 2
I’ve never done any of the covid tests! Never been symptomatic or around anyone’s that’s had it so never needed to. I’ve heard of others complain of a sore throat though!

Reactions: 3

Half the population fully vaccinated but up to 647k deaths, 300 percent more cases than this time last year and twice as many in hospital as this time last year.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Jabs for all NHS workers and it will fall to Whitty to make the decision on jabs for kids
8944E4E5-FD16-4AC3-84D7-459B515E4BCE.jpeg
24A42A2F-85A3-40A4-8AEB-301EEF12ED0E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
My almost 15 year old has had his first vaccine. There was no pressure from me he made the decision himself. He was eligible as I'm CEV and he is also on medication himself for psoriatic arthritis. I know it's not for everyone and I'll probably get hate for letting him have it but we did what was right for us a family.
Had we all been healthy then who knows which way it'd have gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My almost 15 year old has had his first vaccine. There was no pressure from me he made the decision himself. He was eligible as I'm CEV and he is also on medication himself for psoriatic arthritis. I know it's not for everyone and I'll probably get hate for letting him have it but we did what was right for us a family.
Had we all been healthy then who knows which way it'd have gone.
I don’t think anyone will give you hate for making a decision that suits you and your family. I think the only thing people get upset about is when the choice is taken away from them or they feel that as a parent their decision will be overridden with the fear mongering in the news about children not needing parental consent if they’re competent etc. I think most people will be happy for you that you are happy with your sons choice so you’ve made the right decision for you and your family.

(I say this as someone who won’t take a vaccination.)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Re the LFT’s I hate the nasal part,don’t usually have any bother with the throat part,am I not doing it hard enough?? 😂

also I know a 12 year old who has had the vaccine and no issues so far. Very much understand the concerns though.

Reactions: 1
Re the LFT’s I hate the nasal part,don’t usually have any bother with the throat part,am I not doing it hard enough?? 😂

also I know a 12 year old who has had the vaccine and no issues so far. Very much understand the concerns though.
I'm completely the same. The throat part isn't pleasant but doesn't bother me once it's done, whereas I'm sneezing for ages after the nasal part.

I'm completely the same. The throat part isn't pleasant but doesn't bother me once it's done, whereas I'm sneezing for ages after the nasal part.
I hate the feeling and I’m also not sure sometimes whether I’ve pushed it in enough but I can only stand it so far!!

Can anyone explain why African countries haven't been able to manufacture the vaccine? Either of the vaccines. It seems as though Europe, USA, Russia, China and India are the only ones manufacturing the vaccines. African countries must have the capabilities to do so. I'm asking because I've no idea how the manufacturing process works for the vaccines.

Can anyone explain why African countries haven't been able to manufacture the vaccine? Either of the vaccines. It seems as though Europe, USA, Russia, China and India are the only ones manufacturing the vaccines. African countries must have the capabilities to do so. I'm asking because I've no idea how the manufacturing process works for the vaccines.
First glance shows Egypt, Senegal and South Africa (and probably more) are or will be manufacturing them though I didn't go as far as checking which types.

Haven't looked further yet mainly because this one got Cotton Eye Joe stuck in my head 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wonder how many of them will be struck down 🤔 if it’s good enough for the kids to be shoulder to shoulder it’s good enough for the commons , although for CEV members it’s basically ruling them out
E0A8296E-A566-4597-84EB-F7CCB9E79C1C.jpeg

I wonder how many of them will be struck down 🤔 if it’s good enough for the kids to be shoulder to shoulder it’s good enough for the commons , although for CEV members it’s basically ruling them out View attachment 746652
My MP’s are lazy feckers, covid or no covid they don’t bother turning up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@Tublet83 it was indeed me you were looking for from the previous thread. I only just saw your comment now as I have been in hospital since July (nothing to do with covid - but they tried to deny me treatment since i refused the covid vaccine!)

My husband is indeed in India living a much more normal life than we had been here, my kids school had carried on as normal and we did indeed enter Wembley (as it turns out thousands of others did too) without needing to prove anything. If you opt not to you do not need to play their game, there is always a way around it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@Tublet83 it was indeed me you were looking for from the previous thread. I only just saw your comment now as I have been in hospital since July (nothing to do with covid - but they tried to deny me treatment since i refused the covid vaccine!)

My husband is indeed in India living a much more normal life than we had been here, my kids school had carried on as normal and we did indeed enter Wembley (as it turns out thousands of others did too) without needing to prove anything. If you opt not to you do not need to play their game, there is always a way around it.
Hope you're feeling better x you should name and shame the hospital if they refused treatment because of vaccine status :oops:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.