Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #102

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We still haven’t heard anything from the school but saw this

Reactions: 1
Did you lose yours completely or was it altered? I never lost mine but months on I'm still suffering from parosmia.
Lost it completely. Handy for work as I work with babies and lots of soiled nappies 🤣

Warning, very selfish post coming up.
As some of you may be aware my grandson who has learning disabilities lost his job at the airport at the beginning of COVID but eventually managed to get a job at McDonald's. We'll, that didn't go to well as he was bullied to the point he went to the train tracks and was contemplating about whether his life was worth living. Anyway, I persuaded him that he was worth more than the bullies. 4 of the bullies were dismissed but he could face going back he though the manager promised he would be protected, nobody should have to be protected at work.
Now the good but selfish part. He has got his job back at the airport and the change in him is amazing, so no, I cannot contemplate another lockdown especially at the airports. Some peoples mental health will spiral out of control.
I'm so glad he's still here.

The impact of covid isn't just with covid, its everything from mental health to loss of jobs etc etc .

I wish him the very best going forward x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd have put money on their being another lockdown to be honest. I'm due our second baby in autumn and am fully prepared for her not to be able to meet family for months and months.
Only if you comply with another lockdown. I won’t be 😂

Reactions: 5
If there is a lockdown meet them anyway. Masks, rule of six etc fair enough if they are brought back. But never again will I not go to the home of a friend or family member or stop them coming to see me no matter what Boris says.
I think now it's down to the individual to assess the risk to themselves. I have elderly relatives who I know that if there is another lockdown, then there is a very good chance I may not see them again, due to their age and them being isolated.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Am I the only person who sees the current figures and thinks they are not really that bad? I feel like when they lifted the restrictions on July 19th they were predicting we would be at 100k cases a day by mid august - realistically we are really very far off that.

Considering everything is open with almost no restrictions, it’s not raising at nearly the rate I thought it would. Most people I know are living pretty much pre covid with the exception of not being in the office full time yet (but most won’t be doing that at all now). Shows, weddings, clubbing - with those kind of events I was expecting massive numbers.

With the rate of naturally acquired immunity we are getting atm along with vaccines as well, we are actually not in too bad of a place going into winter. It’s not ideal but I thought it would be much worse I guess.

Reactions: 19
I’ve been to a uk merlin theme park this week - no social distancing, no masks (by staff or visitors) no cleaning of rides between uses and crowds everywhere. Few signs up and half empty hand gel dispensers that no one seems to use.

Yet you stay in one of their hotels and they no longer get cleaned during your stay “due to covid”, obviously they don’t reduce the cost of your stay either 😂

I’ve been to a uk merlin theme park this week - no social distancing, no masks (by staff or visitors) no cleaning of rides between uses and crowds everywhere. Few signs up and half empty hand gel dispensers that no one seems to use.

Yet you stay in one of their hotels and they no longer get cleaned during your stay “due to covid”, obviously they don’t reduce the cost of your stay either 😂
I went to a Merlin business last week. No masks on anyone, no social distancing as they let far too many people in, but card only because wouldn't want anyone catching the vid off one of Lizzie's finest portraits in the merchandise area would ya.

Reactions: 5
I went to a Merlin business last week. No masks on anyone, no social distancing as they let far too many people in, but card only because wouldn't want anyone catching the vid off one of Lizzie's finest portraits in the merchandise area would ya.
Honestly if people don’t come down with covid after 48 hours at a merlin theme park you must have immunity 😂😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7

100,000 in hospital in USA for the first time since January. Biden is failing the nation.
Not sure if Mr Dings exaggerating but it’s grim in Florida

• Sad
I was shocked at how low the vaccination rate is in Florida. Around 50%.

That's nowhere near enough to have things fully opened up while a new variant is rampant. The US started off well with vaccines early in the year but it really stalled on them.

Am I the only person who sees the current figures and thinks they are not really that bad? I feel like when they lifted the restrictions on July 19th they were predicting we would be at 100k cases a day by mid august - realistically we are really very far off that.

Considering everything is open with almost no restrictions, it’s not raising at nearly the rate I thought it would. Most people I know are living pretty much pre covid with the exception of not being in the office full time yet (but most won’t be doing that at all now). Shows, weddings, clubbing - with those kind of events I was expecting massive numbers.

With the rate of naturally acquired immunity we are getting atm along with vaccines as well, we are actually not in too bad of a place going into winter. It’s not ideal but I thought it would be much worse I guess.
And are they still doing nearly a million tests each day? Even 39k is a minority.

Reactions: 2

That's nowhere near enough to have things fully opened up while a new variant is rampant. The US started off well with vaccines early in the year but it really stalled on them.
That’s the thing, I’m not sure it’s fair to talk about the USA as a whole or in such general terms. Some areas are doing much better than others.

As for that article saying things are worse in the US than last summer despite having a vaccine - well no tit, last summer everything was heavily restricted and distanced.

And are they still doing nearly a million tests each day? Even 39k is a minority.
Yesterday there was 923k tests done so yeah it’s still pretty high.

We’ll what can they expect with a governor like this

Children seem to be getting hit hard in the US hopefully we’ll not see the same as cases rise

• Sad
This actually brought tears to my eyes. So sorry your Grandson went through this, and you and the rest of the family. I am so pleased he is happy at the airport. Do t feel selfish. At the end of the day, we are all being governed by wanting to protect and do what’s best for our loved ones.
Thank you so much, I'm sorry it brought you to tears. He went off to do his 1st night shift with the biggest smile ever and I can very proudly say he managed to get himself there including changing trains. The old company used to supply transport so this was a major challenge for him. I've raised him on my own since he was 6 and I am so blooming proud of him and I can tell myself that despite the hard work, it's been worth it. He is a super star. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Not sure if Mr Dings exaggerating but it’s grim in Florida

He gets a boner spreading constant fear and ignoring positive stories. He is the person I hate the most out of the pandemic and he should have been banned from Twitter a long time ago.

I prefer accounts that show up vaccine passports. You better believe if they are brought in here I would be up for doing tje same.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

100% agree with you. I'm back in the office full time as our head office demanded we went back in as soon as the restrictions were lifted. We've been in a week and already have people off sick. All I hear all day are people coughing and sneezing. It was like that before covid as the air con is crap. The traffic is heavier where I am and my husband said the trains are busier, life almost feels back to normal. I haven't booked a holiday but I've got a big wedding to go to soon.

Reactions: 3
Good 👍🏻
4ED590EB-38E6-429E-86CB-8AD737D6B8E7.jpeg

He gets a boner spreading constant fear and ignoring positive stories. He is the person I hate the most out of the pandemic and he should have been banned from Twitter a long time ago.

I prefer accounts that show up vaccine passports. You better believe if they are brought in here I would be up for doing tje same.

It wouldn't work here there's not many would like a wet arse as it's always raining 🌧

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.