Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #102

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Scotlands cases are highest in the 20 + not school kids, they think it’s hospitality driving it! …Meanwhile NI infection rate is the highest since studies began 👀😁
F9A38454-FA26-4B2E-B67B-0D95E18892DC.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Still weird that people seem surprised that cases rise. Every single fucker in this country could have covid and that wouldn’t even be unexpected. The vaccines don’t stop the spread so why do people think that the virus would just go away… :unsure: while people are being tested cases are going to be found.

Reactions: 9
I can't believe almost two years later we are still mired in this tit. Honestly, I am just sick and tired of it being considered 'news' and of the headlines being about this many cases and the R number etc etc. Just let us get on with our lives. Covid exists and probably will for decades to come, just whyyyyy are we still so bloody useless at dealing with it.

#rantover

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Still weird that people seem surprised that cases rise. Every single fucker in this country could have covid and that wouldn’t even be unexpected. The vaccines don’t stop the spread so why do people think that the virus would just go away… :unsure: while people are being tested cases are going to be found.
Maybe because the governments keeps telling people it's our way out of the pandemic ,yet cases are higher than ever and hospitals starting to fill again ,we're also starting from a higher margin than last year when even a small rise is causing havoc and people that put off getting treatment are now in a position where they can't delay any further as their conditions have deteriorated so they can't be pushed back like last time .

Reactions: 8
It's pretty crap down here in Cornwall, no surprise, I feel abit in lockdown tbh, not going out anywhere(apart from local shop, and am wearing a mask)am glad I live away from tourist places, as a Cornish person, I don't get the attraction of it down here, apart from the coastline, I prefer the Moors myself!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
NZ are off the charts in how utterly ridiculous they are responding to this. Apparently people are not even allowed to order takeaways or any items off the Internet that the government deems non essential?! I thought Easter egg gate here was bad but Jesus Christ. If I were in NZ I’d be throwing myself off a bridge right now. What do these people have to live for?! We all know covid is never going to disappear.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this after having the vaccine. I had my second vaccine (Pfizer) on Wednesday, and around 2 hours after I was experiencing shortness of breath which came and went over the rest of the day and part of yesterday. Thankfully I haven't had it since but it did scare me abit tbh. Just to mention that I'm only 22 with no known health conditions, healthy weight etc. I was happy to have the vaccine as I know it may become a requirement for concerts which I have a few coming up. But it's really put me off having a booster if that's offered in the future.

Reactions: 3
Even the news outlets are trying to hammer it home now that this is just how life is going to be - another respiratory illness that we can become seriously ill or die from but not that stops everything. A BBC article I read yesterday just said we should all expect to get covid several times over our lifetime but that due to antibodies it should be milder each time.

The governments have absolutely made a rod for their own backs, they’ve made people so afraid that if they get covid they will die/kill their nan/have long covid for the rest of their life that now people will not accept the idea that they will have to catch it at some point.

At press briefings they have even conceded that compliance was higher than they ever planned for - they’ve gone quiet recently and I think that’s because coming out and saying that this is how it has to be now will not go down well with that group - I’ve already seen so many posts on Twitter etc about how the government are now just leaving us all to die 😬🙄

If you are vaccinated then that is really all you can do to protect yourself at this point 🤷🏻‍♀️ because every single person is getting some form of covid in their lifetime.

Reactions: 11
I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this after having the vaccine. I had my second vaccine (Pfizer) on Wednesday, and around 2 hours after I was experiencing shortness of breath which came and went over the rest of the day and part of yesterday. Thankfully I haven't had it since but it did scare me abit tbh. Just to mention that I'm only 22 with no known health conditions, healthy weight etc. I was happy to have the vaccine as I know it may become a requirement for concerts which I have a few coming up. But it's really put me off having a booster if that's offered in the future.
My boyfriend had it and felt really rough after the 2nd one. I found I had a huge headache and just felt out of it all day. I think it's pot luck what symptoms you get if any. I did try going for a run the day after and just feel like I was completely out of it and was struggling to catch my breath. Then again, I hate running so it could have been that too 😅
I really hope boosters don't become a thing. I was happy to have the 2 required like you but I don't want to have to keep vaccinating for it.

Reactions: 1
@Abcd123 can I ask why you think it's funny Cornwall is a hot spot for covid?
To be fair there was other stuff in your post other than Cornwall being a hotspot. You did claim that you didn't understand the attraction of Cornwall so I'm not surprised someone laughed.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.