Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #102

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After over 500 days it was amazing to be back at the Football today inside a five figure crowd with barely a mask to be seen. It felt like the good old days. Meanwhile in France the stupid vaccine passport is killing business as people won't take one to be allowed in places and people who are fully vaccinated won't go in because they stand with those being forced to have it.

Seems to be the complete opposite here. I've seen lots of people on facebook and Insta who I thought were decent people gloating that if you aren't vaccinated then you dont get to enjoy events with large crowds because you aren't being socially responsible.

Weve got one very vocal person who is on our facebook neighborhood page who is thrilled that the socially irresponsible are finally getting their comeuppance. When they said that from the end of September, unvaccinated people are not allowed where the are crowds of more than 50, they said we hope this includes supermarkets too.

Certainly where I live there is a huge divide of vaccinated and unvaccinated. My friend works in the pub and has had someone walk out after asking her if she had been vaccinated (she hasn't)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Scaremongering to who exactly? Are you suggesting he’s lying about his experience of being on the trial?
Yes I’m on the same trial and in the fb group of trial participants and his information seems very ill informed, and not what ANY of us nationally have been communicated, and the risk to travel was all documented in materials and with the trial team before you signed up. All 40 odd sites are given the same information and materials. It’s very well managed and controlled.

His facts are months out of date and commentary around the offer for PCR tests is also wrong from what we have been offered.

Also he claims he’s in the fb group - he’s not he’s either never been on there or he’s left because he knew other posters would call him out….

Reactions: 6
Yes I’m on the same trial and in the fb group of trial participants and his information seems very ill informed, and not what ANY of us nationally have been communicated, and the risk to travel was all documented in materials and with the trial team before you signed up. All 40 odd sites are given the same information and materials. It’s very well managed and controlled.

His facts are months out of date and commentary around the offer for PCR tests is also wrong from what we have been offered.

Also he claims he’s in the fb group - he’s not he’s either never been on there or he’s left because he knew other posters would call him out….
I don’t think it’s fair to call him a liar based on his experience. His lived experience is just as valid as yours. Why would he lie about it?! He doesn’t have anything to gain by lying and I’m still not sure who it’s scaremongering to? Maybe he left the group because he’s no longer part of the trial it would be inappropriate for him to remain a member of a group about it. 🤷‍♀️

I don’t think it’s fair to call him a liar based on his experience. His lived experience is just as valid as yours. Why would he lie about it?! He doesn’t have anything to gain by lying and I’m still not sure who it’s scaremongering to? Maybe he left the group because he’s no longer part of the trial it would be inappropriate for him to remain a member of a group about it. 🤷‍♀️
As a trial participant myself I can see he’s lying about the facts and information provided to every participant. It’s not lived experience when it’s not true, he is factually lying about the process, situation and our status.

It’s scaremongering because he’s making out that the process is shambolic - we will need more volunteers in the future for vaccines/healthcare etc and untrue stories like this doesn’t do any of us good when we will need more people to do more research and testing.

Reactions: 7
As a trial participant myself I can see he’s lying about the facts and information provided to every participant. It’s not lived experience when it’s not true, he is factually lying about the process, situation and our status.

It’s scaremongering because he’s making out that the process is shambolic - we will need more volunteers in the future for vaccines/healthcare etc and untrue stories like this doesn’t do any of us good when we will need more people to do more research and testing.
I disagree with you. It is his lived experience when he’s talking about his experience of being on the trial, he doesn’t gain anything whatsoever by sharing his experience so it would be bizarre for him to lie about it. He’s talking about what happened to him. Just because it didn’t happen to you doesn’t make it a lie. That’s like suggesting everyone who goes to the dentist for a filling will have the same experience, similar yes but not exactly the same. We know from people sharing their experience of having the vaccines on here that everyone’s experience is different - some members report being given info leaflets and waiting 15 mins before leaving the arena, others report being asked to lift up their sleeve and given no info.

I highly doubt any potential participant of a drugs trial would be put off based on one persons experience captured in the daily Mail.

I don’t think it’s fair to go around calling people liars. I’ll leave it at that, it’s not that deep.

Reactions: 1
I disagree with you. It is his lived experience when he’s talking about his experience of being on the trial, he doesn’t gain anything whatsoever by sharing his experience so it would be bizarre for him to lie about it. He’s talking about what happened to him. Just because it didn’t happen to you doesn’t make it a lie. That’s like suggesting everyone who goes to the dentist for a filling will have the same experience, similar yes but not exactly the same.

I highly doubt any potential participant of a drugs trial would be put off based on one persons experience captured in the daily Mail.

I don’t think it’s fair to go around calling people liars. I’ll leave it at that, it’s not that deep.
Given I am on the trial and have experienced this first hand, we all get the same information emailed in writing. It’s not about an experience, it’s a nationally managed process with strict protocols, and he is lying (and with holding) information that all participants have been provided.

Reactions: 15
Given I am on the trial and have experienced this first hand, we all get the same information emailed in writing. It’s not about an experience, it’s a nationally managed process with strict protocols, and he is lying (and with holding) information that all participants have been provided.
I know you were on trial and you’ve had a different experience, doesn’t make him a liar. Like I said it’s not that deep, I’ll leave it at that.

I came across a comment from that article, from a person who was on the trial. They said that some of the info (from the article) was not up to date. The vaccination status did show on the app (at the start of July) and participants were told it would be.

Reactions: 3
I came across a comment from that article, from a person who was on the trial. They said that some of the info (from the article) was not up to date. The vaccination status did show on the app (at the start of July) and participants were told it would be.
Yes mine has been showing for ages, and as I have posted we all have a letter to use as well and an offer of PCR tests paid for (not the offer referred to in the article this is incorrect).

Reactions: 2
not up to date so quite different to lying isn’t it?🤷‍♀️

Sending out letters to schools before the government has confirmed it is pushy. It's good for those pupils who want it that it will be available. Anyone not having it shouldn't be treated differently.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know the ins and outs of the trial like the poster above who is part of it. I just made an observation from a comment I read. (From the Daily Mail article) 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yep, a participant of the trial just like the health journalist who shared their experience. not sure why it’s fair to brand one a liar and one not 😂 ah well. Have a great Sunday folks.

Yep, a participant of the trial just like the health journalist who shared their experience. not sure why it’s fair to brand one a liar and one not 😂 ah well. Have a great Sunday folks.
I didn’t brand anyone anything. Just added my observation to the conversation. Have a good day. 🙂

Sending out letters to schools before the government has confirmed it is pushy. It's good for those pupils who want it that it will be available. Anyone not having it shouldn't be treated differently.
That’s frightening. Dire times we’re living in. I think it’s too early to offer it to all over 12s and even the teenagers, some doctors have been really vocal on twitter about how although they agree with vaccination for covid they don’t believe it’s safe and appropriate for all children/teenagers at this stage because for many of them it’s more risk than it is beneficial! Hope the parents don’t feel coerced into doing it (if they don’t want it).

Reactions: 7
I’m sure it must be a more severe form of Delta that the US is experiencing why aren’t we seeing the same things here 🤔
D71BA134-8AD7-4384-88E4-AAA9D15B860D.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
What a boot in the teeth to health workers in Northern Ireland, absolutely disgraceful. Is it any wonder the nhs fail to retain staff and record numbers resigned this year when they are treated like this!

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I wonder if this variant evolved to affect mostly unvaccinated folks. It's some type of selective preassure.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.