Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #102

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Booked to see live music for the first time since this all started. It's only a band in our local pub but I honestly can't wait to hear a band again. Bring on the cocktails and get me on that dance floor!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That’s a great idea coming into winter 🥶 View attachment 719126
Are they off their heads? Here masks will be required for all staff and kindergarten-high school students. Loads more kids are being hospitalised with Delta than previously. We've also vaxxed kids 12+ but they will be doing vaccines in schools for those who missed out (with parental consent). They are hoping by Autumn, vaccines will be passed for kids under 12.

Are they off their heads? Here masks will be required for all staff and kindergarten-high school students. Loads more kids are being hospitalised with Delta than previously. We've also vaxxed kids 12+ but they will be doing vaccines in schools for those who missed out (with parental consent). They are hoping by Autumn, vaccines will be passed for kids under 12.
Do they know why so many kids are being hospitalised ? the same is happening in America there's talk of a change in the Delta ,it doesn't seem to be happening here ...yet !

Ok I have a question that probably won't be able to be answered but I'm going to ask anyway, this may be long....

My 6 year old has been at holiday club this week, on Tuesday I was informed a child that had been there (in her class) on Monday has then tested positive on Tuesday morning.....how likely is it my daughter will catch it?

Also the isolation new rules are madness?!

So my daughter can freely mix with the world and family etc as since August 16th she doesn't have to isolate! However I am keeping her away from family (cev grandmas x 2 and great grandma!) as a personal choice and limiting where she goes etc as it seems so morally wrong to be able to mix about when a week ago she would have had to isolate! I am double jabbed but pregnant and her dad is 1 x jabbed.
Do they not have to take a test on day 2 and 8 in England ?

Do they know why so many kids are being hospitalised ? the same is happening in America there's talk of a change in the Delta ,it doesn't seem to be happening here ...yet !

They think it's cause delta spreads so easily even amongst kids and they are actually symptomatic.

Reactions: 1

Over 1000 kids were hospitalised with covid within the UK in July 2021.
Lots children's hospitals also inundated with lots child respiratory illness they only see i winter usually.

New school guidelines sound tit and unworkable.
At seniors due different classes and sets the class composition and close contacts changed.

The worry is we saw how it ripped through school last autumn and we started from lower base then.
33k cases is the highest in the world up there with Brazil USA and India who all have larger population.

Whats point MHRA approving moderna if JCVI don't roll it out.
So frustrating for parents and will arrive too late we will be surge vaccinating teens When school and nhs are in total chaos.

Anyone see commons yesterday very full and not much mask wearing wonder of they will have an outbreak.
Also the festival In Newquay seems be super spreader event for teens and young adults which will push up south west figures.

Reactions: 3
Interesting that the NZ person who's got it doesn't appear to have travelled anywhere, or have any close contacts who have travelled either.

So if they can't find a link, then that means there have to be others in New Zealand who are wandering around with it, symptom free and undetected, that this person caught it from.

So NZ is done then. It's over for them. The ultra harsh isolation from the world has done nothing but lose them massive tourism opportunities and massive TV filming plans (Amazon just moved Lord of the Rings from there). Even if Jacinda successfully manages to contain it this time by making everyone stay indoors, they can, and will, just have another undetected outbreak at any time.

It seems like some people in charge in Australia are absolutely desperate to turn it back into a penal colony?
FYI we found the connection to the border in NZ today so…

If Norway is on the green list and I'm double jabbed can I just travel or do I need to test beforehand?

People who are fully vaccinated or who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 6 months, and who can document this with a verifiable COVID-19 certificate that is connected to the EUDCC gateway, will be able to enter Norway freely, regardless of which country they are travelling from.

These people are exempt from the duty to quarantine, testing prior to arrival, testing at the border, and the requirement of entry registration.

You will however have to test 3 days before returning and do a day 2 test after you return in UK.

Before you travel to England you must:

It seems like some people in charge in Australia are absolutely desperate to turn it back into a penal colony?
What's really letting us down at the moment is the vaccine rollout. It's been a farce. Not enough ordered, not enough of a push to get people vaccinated early in 2021etc. Lockdowns have previously served us well to control numbers and keep deaths low so they continue to be the state governments' response.

That’s a great idea coming into winter 🥶 View attachment 719126
Can you imagine in the rain? (which is, well, not uncommon) grim. Not a great idea DoE.

Over 1000 kids were hospitalised with covid within the UK in July 2021.
Lots children's hospitals also inundated with lots child respiratory illness they only see i winter usually.

New school guidelines sound tit and unworkable.
At seniors due different classes and sets the class composition and close contacts changed.

The worry is we saw how it ripped through school last autumn and we started from lower base then.
33k cases is the highest in the world up there with Brazil USA and India who all have larger population.

Whats point MHRA approving moderna if JCVI don't roll it out.
So frustrating for parents and will arrive too late we will be surge vaccinating teens When school and nhs are in total chaos.

Anyone see commons yesterday very full and not much mask wearing wonder of they will have an outbreak.
Also the festival In Newquay seems be super spreader event for teens and young adults which will push up south west figures.
Yeah I saw the English numbers a while ago but the US situation seems more severe kids are on ventilators and peadiatric ICU beds are running out ,we're not seeing that here .

What's really letting us down at the moment is the vaccine rollout. It's been a farce. Not enough ordered, not enough of a push to get people vaccinated early in 2021etc. Lockdowns have previously served us well to control numbers and keep deaths low so they continue to be the state governments' response.

Can you imagine in the rain? (which is, well, not uncommon) grim. Not a great idea DoE.
It would never work here the wind and rain is an everyday occurrence the books would be blown everywhere they'd have to go back to writing on slates 😂

Reactions: 2
Yeah I saw the English numbers a while ago but the US situation seems more severe kids are on ventilators and peadiatric ICU beds are running out ,we're not seeing that here .

It would never work here the wind and rain is an everyday occurrence the books would be blown everywhere they'd have to go back to writing on slates 😂

the reason the US seems more severe is they put none critical people in ICU beds. I've been following someone with covid for a week now and they are in ICU and update their FB all the time with selfies, fundraising ideas for his gofundme.. We would not even be in a hospital here and yet in the US someone who is clearly not struggling is taking up an ICU bed :/ He isn't the first one I have seen sitting up in bed smiling taking selfies while in ICU

the reason the US seems more severe is they put none critical people in ICU beds. I've been following someone with covid for a week now and they are in ICU and update their FB all the time with selfies, fundraising ideas for his gofundme.. We would not even be in a hospital here and yet in the US someone who is clearly not struggling is taking up an ICU bed :/ He isn't the first one I have seen sitting up in bed smiling taking selfies while in ICU
I’m not sure about the adult situation. I was wondering why kids were so severely impacted in Canada/ US compared to the UK

They’ve found the source of the outbreak

Last edited:
Glad you had a nice time. Yesterday I took two taxi journeys with my 30 year old son. I don't drive and although my son does, he doesn't currently have a car. I was relieved to see on the outward and return journey both drivers were wearing masks, we also did and opened windows.

We were going to see my elderly parents. I am pleased to see others embracing 'normality '. Until Delta rates decline I can't do that myself.
Ooof, that's a bit of sly dig hidden in there wasn't it?!

Just own how you feel without making out you are pleased to see people embracing normality when you are clearly not 🤣

The child has been in holiday club for the summer holidays, not on holiday.

Ooof, that's a bit of sly dig hidden in there wasn't it?!

Just own how you feel without making out you are pleased to see people embracing normality when you are clearly not 🤣

The child has been in holiday club for the summer holidays, not on holiday.
I know ! …
F14F89FE-6723-48D4-A0AA-6049C78CFEC6.jpeg

So why ask if children need to test on day 2 and day 8? That's never been the case.

It was close contact then you had to isolate for 14 days. Then it went down to 10 days. Now you don't need to isolate if under 18 but they recommend a pcr test, which again, you don't need to do.

Doesnt matter when you tested during isolation for close contact, you've never been able to end isolation early.

So why ask if children need to test on day 2 and day 8? That's never been the case.

It was close contact then you had to isolate for 14 days. Then it went down to 10 days. Now you don't need to isolate if under 18 but they recommend a pcr test, which again, you don't need to do.

Doesnt matter when you tested during isolation for close contact, you've never been able to end isolation early.
6D41185E-FCBA-45B1-B4A3-D614770DF73D.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.