Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AladdinSane

VIP Member
Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C. I work in education so used to being around lots and lots of people, albeit at a distance or with a mask on.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable and pregnant). Sorry for the moan.
I'm with you. 100% torn on how to feel. This weekend was the first weekend that I wasn't as careful, went and played sport that I haven't played in 18 months and then i find out yesterday one of the people I played with tested positive for COVID. And now I'm worried that I've got it. Weirdly though, because we weren't in "close contact" I don't have to isolate. Based on how quickly it can spread though, I'll be amazed if I come out of it negative.

I spent last night worrying and feeling shit that I'd let my guard down yet my partner is very much if it happens it happens. I'm just so frustrated that it's been 18 months and now I've finally come into contact with it.

Honestly I think it's going to take a while before some people feel comfortable and that's OK. It's such a weird time and there's no right way to feel. You just have to do what is best for you and your physical and mental health.

Reactions: 6

Damita

Got my second jab in the end today. Managed to get into quite a state about it overnight, worrying about side effects, but seven hours on and the worst I've felt so far is a slightly sore arm at times and a bit like that I have a mild cold. Hoping that's the worst things will get, then I've been lucky.

Now I'm hoping I won't have to have constant "booster" vaccines as the powers that be keep hinting may be a thing.

• Heart

Happy Lady

VIP Member
The article today in the daily Mail about teenagers getting myocarditis isn’t very reassuring. I don’t think children should given it even people in their early twenties. There has never been a vaccine as dangerous as this there really hasn’t been. Also I am sick of so much misinformation being online you don’t know what is the truth and what isn’t anymore. I read somewhere that a group of NHS doctors have been trying to get out that the Pfizer vaccine is poison and that there have been loads of incidents of death and illness from them and that’s why they no longer ask are you vaccinated at A and E. I have also read that it will effect our immunity against other virus now. The media is so toxic but this vaccine seems to be really dangerous.

No no no. I have to respectfully disagree with you. Covid is dangerous. It kills people. The vaccine helps to prevent death and suffering. Millions of people have now taken the vaccine and whilst there have been some side effects, we all are individuals and react differently.

I do hope the scaremongering isn't upsetting you too badly. You could speak with your GP for reassurance.

• Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Your reply is really insensitive to the original poster as they clearly have their reasons for feeling the way they do. It is OKAY to feel anxious and nervous, it doesn’t mean they do not want to get back to some form of normality.

There are people who are not worrying about what might happen, but you will equally find people who will remained worried and cautious and that is OKAY. People will do what they deem is best for them and what they are comfortable with.
The woman said she had been double jabbed. She wants to take her son to the cinema. She's going on holiday. All great happy things. She's assuming her sister in law had covid with no proof just thinking the worse. She can get the sister in law to take a test.

When would be the right time for people not to worry? It's not insensitive to ask the question. Do you not agree that after a year and a half the longer people leave it to get back to normal the harder it will be when they do? We have a lot to be thankful for as we are in one of the best positions in the world. Of course people can be scared and shouldn't be complacent, but life is for living and people hiding away are missing out on making memories.

• Heart

kiyu

Personally I think its cherry picking.

What of the people now with comorbitities? The elderly? The obese? We never hear of them, but that doesn't sell the story or scare does it. What appears to be a very healthy younger person does though....
I noticed this in the bottom part of the highlighted information. Every death is awful. These are obviously the stories they are going for now to instill doubt in those who have not had the vaccine

Screenshot_20210804-200058~2.png

• Wow

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Correct me if I'm wrong chaps but I seem to remember a massive difference in deaths this time last year also and we didn't have the vaccine.
Or threats of missing out on things if non vaccinated
Deaths are almost identical(if not slightly higher now), but we have 10s of thousands more cases now, even with vaccines.
Read into that what you will.
You can either say that vaccines are stopping deaths, or that vaccines are creating a problem with spread. Remembering that masks weren't mandatory this time last year, and we had freedom to do pretty much anything just like now and no vaccines or herd immunity at all

Attachments

monga

VIP Member
I read about a young guy in NI that can't get a vaccine passport because he had one jab in NI and one in England and neither region will give him a passport because he wasn't fully vaccinated in one place.

• Wow

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I was talking in general about the protest movement and i said it happens at most protests about a wide number of issues. I already know who organised it thanks for telling me again though. And i never said reasonable people were associated with the people on that particular protest. So go and patronise somebody else next time.
here’s footage the bbc didn’t show yesterday, of protesters respectfully liaising with the police to hand in a notice to bbc and itv.

• Haha
  • Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member

Wonderful to break the 75% milestone.
Until the boosters come out then it’ll drop down again because the immunity will no longer be enough until it’s topped up to make it fully vaccinated again, it’ll be a never ending circle of madness.

DD22E53E-50ED-44DE-9348-0BE76906AD26.jpeg
Well this is quite an interesting statement from Professor pollard that the bbc have reported on. I agree with him. The focus does need to be on treatment. The vaccines aren’t working well against transmission of delta so goodness knows how they’ll perform against up and coming Variants. I stand with prof pollard

Last edited:

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
How is what different? I’ve just said I don’t know how that works with being pinged. My comments were about coming out of isolation - I believe it’s careless if it’s not your time to come out.

I feel in general if someone is isolating and comes out of isolation it’s irresponsible it’s only my opinion like I stated in my original post.
Regardless of if you understand the app or not.

Lets say person 1 and person 2 (with the app) were somewhere together where the person 2 got pinged and decided (didn't have to legally) isolate, why would them coming out of isolation a day or two early be any different to the fact that person 1 hasn't isolated at all? Why are they irresponsible and careless when person 1 has been out and about about for 8 days?

JLXRD

VIP Member
From July 19 to August 2, 55.1 percent of the 1,467 people hospitalised with the Delta variant were unvaccinated, PHE said, while 34.9 percent – or 512 people – had received two doses.
But only 10% of adults are unvaccinated? So for them to make up 55.1% of hospitalisations just proves the point that vaccines reduce your risk significantly 👍🏻😊

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
What in tarnation is this poll! I call serious BS on this.
I think people think it can be brought in for free. Either that or they don't mind a few quid going on a meal in a hospitality setting and their pint, cocktail etc going up by a few pounds to pay for the door security stopping people getting in unless they show proof first.

Take my local as an example which has two exits to get in and out. That would need four fully qualified SIA licensed guys on the doors open till close seven days a week as you couldn't have just one guy on a entrance/exit stopping a group of people as they wouldn't stand a chance. Say every day you're open midday until 11 pm which is 77 hours. Times that by four for your staff which is 308 hours of extra work you have to pay out for. Then you'd expect for that role between £15-£20 an hour. So by bringing in a vaccine passport my local could be paying between £4,620 and £6,160 a week on top of current bills.

Where is a village local going to get that money from? Are the group of old men with the pub to themselves for a few hours on a Thursday afternoon going to drink 100 pints each to help? Pubs will end up closing down because customers will stop going there when their usual £3.50 pint of bitter is all of a sudden £5-£6.

HoGi

VIP Member
Ive witnessed a fair few vaccinated folk ditch their mask and not wash their hands entering shops etc anymore as if they’re under the illusion that their vaccine is a coat of arms - does this make me assume that all vaccinated people do this? No, because they don’t and you can’t judge an entire group of people based on the fact they came to the same decision on a choice about being offered a medication.
I have done all this. Not because I think the vaccine is a coat of arms, but because I think they were unnecessary measures in the first place.

I only wore a mask because it was the law to do so. As soon as it was no longer law I stopped wearing one.

Re: hand washing, I always wash when I return home. But don't when entering a shop. There is usually hand sanitiser, but as soon as you touch your phone or something you are putting germs back on your hands.

Last edited:

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
i work for the NHS visiting vulnerable people in their homes. Part of my work can be done from home, over the phone. I’ve told my manager that if I’m pinged I am not happy to go on home visits. She agreed.
It’s the right thing to do IMO, can’t ever be too careful with this virus, the consequences are just devastating when people ignore the advice to stay in isolation 💔