Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tublet83

VIP Member

This is just complete scaremongering by the media. Of course Government should have national contingency plans, it’s all part of risk assessment.

Clearly we didn’t have a decent emergency plan at the start of covid (haven’t they lost it 😂) so they should absolutely have plans based on different scenarios (most of which won’t happen).

Reactions: 6

Podular

Chatty Member
One thing that baffles me is why people who are lucky enough to believe that the vaccine is working brilliantly, who are happy to go along with vaccine passports, boosters and endless tests, who are double jabbed and ok for the young to be jabbed...why the need to get angry,gloat and call anyone who hasn't had a vaccine "antivaxxers" . Or why the need to try and provide proof for everything.
If everything was going along with my way of thinking and I could see no reason to doubt or question most covid related reportings or vaccine rollouts I wouldn't be bothered about the "minority" opposing views. I certainly wouldn't be getting outraged.
Have they all got shares in Pfizer 🤷

I wish I was in that camp . But I'm not
And I don't get my views from fb etc, never been there and never will.

• Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Thank you. The media are creating this two tier society and people are falling for it. People are very judgemental now. I have never judged anybody for vaccinating or not, but i get judged every day by people who dont even know why i object. Peoples true colours are certainly coming out. xx
Totally! I must say the people on here who have chosen to vaccinate generally come across as far more aggressive and I’m not saying that I feel everyone who has accepted the vaccine is aggressive, I just mean that’s my experience of how I’ve been made to feel - I understand feelings are subjective though so not everyone will feel the same.

We see on the news everyday how violent people who decline a vaccine are portrayed to be and I’m not doubting there are some violent people who have chosen to decline the vaccine, but there’s no balance showing how people who have accepted the vaccine talk about excluding 12% of the population from daily life, telling them they don’t deserve nhs healthcare whether they pay taxes or not, telling them they wouldn’t be allowed or invited to their family and friends events. Making them out that declining a vaccine is the equivalent to mass murder ffs.

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Deaths and cases down this week....we are nearly 2 weeks on from 'freedom day' so should be seeing the effects now! 🤞🤞🤞

Unspiralled

It's here. After the NYT got busted by the Eagle Eye public they retracted the pictures.
Problem is BBC, itv, sky, you name it had already shared it so the damage via propaganda was done
Thank you. I hadn't seen this. Very irresponsible journalism! I note that 2 days after the NYT article the BBC wrote about this misinformation. I haven't found where the BBC shared the photo themselves (maybe they did and I've missed it or it's been retracted, maybe there's an archive link somewhere?).

It’s probably more a case of if a piece of journalism fits the narrative you believe you’re more likely to read, share and trust it.
I'm sure it's partly this, but not entirely. For example, I am very much pro-vaccination but I don't think all of these articles about unvaccinated individuals who are hospitalised with covid/died from it and now wish they'd been vaccinated are useful at all. What is far more useful are the total numbers of vaccinated vs unvaccinated hospitalisations and deaths, and I wish more emphasis was placed on this.

They maybe could have said they’re exempt from testing and vaccination. You don’t need evidence to support that.
If I remember rightly then the person in question was claiming that nobody was checking at all. They didn't even need to claim that they were exempt, they could just stroll right in.

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
Not feeling too good tonight, all over body aches, taken a LFT which was negative, just hoping it’s a cold but a little scared right now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

lizzies

I had my first vaccine yesterday Pfizer and my heart rate is through the roof. I went to a and e last night as I felt dizzy and spend eight hours there I hope it doesn’t cause permanent damage as I have sinus tachycardia and put off getting the vaccine for a long time it’s too late now but I have to say I feel awful. I hope it’s all anxiety related.

• Sad

fireflies

VIP Member
I wish we would vaccinate 12 to 15 like every other country.
Why?
[/QUOTE]
Because locals schools near me had so many outbreak end summer term they got closed down early.
Eldest has gcses and 2nd child is year 7 so don't want their education to be disrupted.

Its obvious from data schools play a massive part in the spread .
We only not doing it because we don't have enough pfizer.
I don't mean force parents or kids but least give parents a choice.
My 15 year old has asthma and I feel she's equally as vulnerable as a 18 year old uni student as large scale mixing no masks or social distancing.

And that was the original virus, not the Kent or the Delta, both of which are more infectious and spread more easily. We cannot compare last august to this year with entirely different virus behaviour. If we had the original virus only and the case numbers and deaths then I’d say we are screwed but given the Delta is dominant but deaths and hospital numbers are not rocketing, we are not in as bad a place as the media wants us to be.
The difference this year is we have the vaccines and that is why deaths and hospitalisations are not following the same trend as the cases.

• Haha

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
The headline is misleading.
Doesn't mention hes vulnerable.
But it does raise worries for cev double jabbed people.
We don't know when he had his jabs or which vaccine he had.
Maybe he failed gain decent immunity from the vaccine some do particularly is they immunosuppressed.
The headline is just that, it can't have everything in it. Of course they play on it to get clicks (purchases back in the day), they always have.

Vickster2110

Chatty Member
My BiL owns a business that both my sister and my brother work in, literally everyone got covid except my siblings and my 2 nieces didn't get it either. I think some people are just naturally immune
My dad caught it back in October, I did his test but never caught it.....then my 14 year old son caught it last month....alongside his best friend...I had taken them both too and from school the day before in my car, all of the friends family caught it and were quite poorly, I was very close to my son looking after him etc, cleaning his vomit up and still never caught it.....both my older kids have had the virus twice.....both right at the start in March....although they weren't testing both poorly with the exact symptoms, my son ended up in hospital but they weren't testing them if they weren't admitted.....then 6 months later both caught it again confirmed by test......I honestly think you are right that some people have natural immunity to it 🤷‍♀️

monga

VIP Member
This is just complete scaremongering by the media. Of course Government should have national contingency plans, it’s all part of risk assessment.

Clearly we didn’t have a decent emergency plan at the start of covid (haven’t they lost it 😂) so they should absolutely have plans based on different scenarios (most of which won’t happen).
Haven’t even got a decent government never mind a decent plan🙄

• Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Gosh! Thanks. Glad I've read this so I can prepare! I naively thought most restaurants were still seating tables 2m apart. Many up north where I am are still asking for masks and adhering to one way systems.
Oh god no, be prepared for a massive culture shock then!
We're in a covid hot spot in the south and even we've ditched one way systems, but in Cornwall it's like covid hasn't happened at all in any respect.
In our experience no one cares at all, you'll see around 95% of people not wearing masks anywhere, and accents suggest it's not just tourists either.
It didn't bother us, but I can imagine it bothering other people

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Can you not just show your blue card? I've not been out so I don't know if showing the app is a thing

(Side note; this is my opinion alone, I am NOT FUCKING ANTI VAX.)
(Side note 2; the JVC 2/3 weeks ago were against 16/17 getting the jab)

Kids can now get the vaccine, yes I’m calling them kids. Kids. 16/17.
and are actively being pushed to get the vaccine,

regardless of parents views or consent. could be extended to kids over 12 very soon.
Fucking babies

meanwhile
quickly look over there 😳 OVER THERE 😳
another dead bloke who’s come to visit us via a spirit guide named Sam....
why are you back random dead bloke called John, John Deer.😬
you died somewhere in the last 4 to 83 days and you had the covid number 19 on your death certificate?????
and what was that John......YOU WISH YOU’D HAD THE VACCINE BUT YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE SELFISH GOBSHITES CLOGGING UP THE NHS SYSTEM WHO TURNED IT DOWN!!!!!!

thanks for that John. Over to sandra with the weather, Sandra have you got the vaccine, if not go sit in the green room I’ll look out the window you waste of oxygen. 😐
I have a 16 year old . They said they would get the vaccine and I allow them to make their own decision. They can access the same information about it that an adult can, and are also old enough to do think like be prescribed contraception without my consent.

Kaylarina

The main thrust of the question was what happens to self-isolations still under way when it gets to the date that no new self-isolations will be required.
(and specifically for one or more questioners, being double jabbed and only two days short of their end date)
In my medical opinion then, if you’re told to isolate, you continue. I’m guessing some would argue ‘But it’s only 2 days’ and my retort would if it is only 2 days then why can’t you continue to isolate? I’m double jabbed and have been for some time and despite full PPE I still managed to contract Covid.

• Sad
  • Heart

Unspiralled

The majority of the population are vaccinated so ratio wise that makes total sense but that article is also old. Vallance stated on the 19th July briefing that 60% in hospital were unvaccinated.
Thank you! The unvaccinated (just 10% of adults) make up 60% of hospitalisations. Why people are still saying that the vaccines don't reduce risk of hospitalisation when such a small minority makes up the majority in hospital is beyond me.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just sat waiting after my second jab and the vaccine centre has a mini photo booth called 'vaccineagram'... I'm presuming this is for the 18 year olds to encourage them?! Very bizarre 🤣
I thought I’d read something tragic this morning which about a dead body being found....

but no, on the tragic scale 1-10 this is a solid eleven point five. 😐 clear winner.

• Haha