Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Big_Joe

Thanks for posting this. I do not pay for a TV Licence (100% legal - i dont watch live TV nor does any of my immediate family and neighbours). Its legal to read/watch Tattle links though :). Every one has equal choice about Vaccines upto them.

The conspiracy things are on a different thread. Take both/all vaccines offered to you. As soon as they are offered. Students are busy people i know 6 hours study 6 hours bar work 6 hours clubbing :). Takes 30 seconds to have a jab (so 1 minute for 2 jabs). Most on here are 'older' folks, parents etc you can 'order' your kids to get it done. Do it.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Exempt from testing?? How does that work.

I have heard of people being unable to have the jab. Or being exempt from a mask. But not exempt from testing.

Most tests are personal choice I.e. I am not testing twice weekly like the government would want us to. People don't have to test if they have symptoms if they don't want to. But for an event that is certified as a government test event, where you have to have a vaccine passport or proof of a negative test, I don't understand how an exemption would work.
Would you be exempt from testing for the events if you'd recently had confirmed positive case ( but completed your isolating period) . Like if you've tested positive within the last 90 days?

monga

VIP Member
Infected holiday makers maybe 🤔
3D4041EB-334C-4107-AE50-F13F93B860EA.jpeg

We've had no masks for well over a month now and I am fine with that... those who wanted to get a vaccine have done so. We still wear our masks out as the Delta is dominant here and our cities cases are really going up. Now, what is crazy, is our province taking away testing/quarantine for people with covid.
Haven’t you got a high vaccine uptake there !

No parental consent needed, younger kids will be offered it in the next phase once safety data is scrutinised
D47EDF9C-2E0D-48AC-8BE5-F522F4D951E6.jpeg

Last edited:

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Can't wait till they get to Cancer the Crab and the frenzies that's going to cause
You'd be surprised, the Z variant has already been and gone, having now been declared neither of interest nor concern and not the slightest hint of anyone craving brains.

monga

VIP Member
Are you talking about a GP? If I'm being completely honest I am not certain why quite a number of GPs are still not open, especially with the capabilities of being about to take temperatures etc before admitting to the practice. I know a friend of mine struggled to get a GP appointment for her 14 month old. They fobbed her off with saying it was symptoms of Covid and to take her straight to A&E. Of course in a panic she did, only to get to A&E to be told she's exhibiting no signs of childhood Covid and then having to fight the GP for an appointment again. Turns out it was tonsillitis

If its a hospital, and I can only speak for my own here, it has been a push to do as may follow ups or post surgery calls via the telephone or video conference. Unfortunately I don't think everyone is happy with how patients are being vetted and it can be completely based on who you speak to first. In my service its surgery so we are seeing every patient for their consultations.
What are the signs of childhood covid ?

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Where did you get 4% from
Difference between 2% and 6% = 4% of people in the same age bracket fatality rate of vaccinated vs unvaccinated. The link to the breakdown of who and what is included is further up the thread.

I think it was more, let’s sell the land. They have already sold one hospital off for a private school. So we’ve gone from 3 hospital to 2 and they want to go to 1. Within a 15 mile radius, so far no hubs have been created.
3 hospitals in a 15 mile radius that’s crazy! What size is the population in that area?!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Anyone's 16/17 year old been invited for their jab yet? On Facebook, a pharmacy is advertising it is doing Walk ins for 16 and 17 year olds, but I haven't heard anything about it . I was expecting my 16 year old to get a letter from the gp surgery when they were doing that age group, like we did .

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
How is that any different? Had you had the app you may have been pinged, but because you don't have it you don't know, so why if someone can come out of their isolation under those terms is it irresponsible and careless? They could have deleted the app and been none the wiser, but health wise they are still the same.
How is what different? I’ve just said I don’t know how that works with being pinged. My comments were about coming out of isolation - I believe it’s careless if it’s not your time to come out.

I feel in general if someone is isolating and comes out of isolation it’s irresponsible it’s only my opinion like I stated in my original post.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I have spoken that there is proof of vaccines working (like many other users have done) in reducing severe illness and death and I have linked studies. I am not jumping on people with opposing views to me.

I replied to a comment @Notgonnalie made regarding vaccines not working against transmission by simply saying that they do work to a certain level (something like 60%) from what Prof Hayward was saying. That is hardly jumping on people.
If you’re going to mention me ensure you’re being accurate please. I said what professor pollard did, that vaccines aren’t doing what we need them to be doing and that they won’t reach herd immunity. I never once said they don’t do anything, in fact I said the opposite. I stated they have lessened symptoms and saved lives.

please leave me out of the cattiness.

monga

VIP Member
No, it's anyone, not just those that had AZ. What it says is that everyone will get the Pfizer booster regardless of whether they had AZ/Moderna/JJ/Pfizer 1st. Most of the countries that used Pfizer are saying that immunity seems to drop off, not sure if the same applies with other vaccines. Germany didn't really use AZ that much, most of their vaccinations were Pfizer

ETA Just found this article which suggests that the AZ seems to give a far better T Cell response but it was a very small study. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56744317
It's the elderly will get a booster regardless and younger people that had AZ will also get a Pfizer top up it doesn't say younger people that had Pfizer will get one ?...That report is from the beginning of April when Delta wasn't the dominant variant,

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Everyone had to show their own proof . I guess you could borrow someone else’s phone for an event to show the app but if you got caught I think it’s possibly some sort of fraud so I don’t know how many people would bother or want to go that far.

See Brighton have it sussed as you have to show photo ID with your NHS app or letter. Then when the photo matches the person showing it to get in you know someone isn't trying to pull a fast one.