Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Web30

VIP Member
Just dropping in here to say that Mr Happy took part in trials for people who could have had Covid without any symptoms. He sent off his blood sample and had an email today which confirmed that he HAD C19 in the last six months. 😱

No symptoms, no idea, living with me, getting on with life, perhaps I had it too. 😳😱
Shame you cant find out if you have anti bodies and did have it!

Reactions: 1

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Anyone else here received the Pfizer jabs? I still gotta have my second one. I got it next week. Not gonna lie, shitting it a little with the scare stories I read and hear, but I been asking around on YouTube comments and other places online and almost everyone has said they were fine or had a bit of flu like symptoms after the second jab. After the first one I was fine, no symptoms at all.

monga

VIP Member
Yes but vaccines is something I don't think they have much choice on the jcvi represents all 4 nations if the UK.
We purchased the vaccines as a group the distributed proportionatly.
Ni tricky as roi is vaccinating teens and Ireland have caught up with uk vaccination day.
I'm not sure on that as NI were still giving AZ to under 40's against the JCVI guidance where as England weren't ?

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
It’s okay, I have learnt to live with it and try and manage it as best as I can. Sorry to hear you’ve been through a stressful time at university this year. (During both of my degrees I was extremely stressed as I don’t do well with exams) 😬 I can imagine how hard it was for you studying during the pandemic. Hope things look much more positive and brighter for you going forward.
Thank you, praying for the fact I’ll be able to go in in person with tutors this time, not sure if I’ll graduate without it :cry: 🙏 :)

Tublet83

VIP Member
What are they defining as moderate?

My son and his girlfriend (both 21) were both called with the 16 - 65 and at risk.
He does use a steroid pump when required (seasonally) and she only uses the normal blue inhaler. Neither have ever needed hospital treatment, although when my son was a toddler we did have to use his pump and spacer as a nebuliser, but that was only once, and around 17yrs ago.
He didn't leap to having it done and when the Dr's chased him, they made it very clear to him that he needed to get his jab because he was asthmatic
Was any hospitalisation, and certain medicines and/or repeated use of steroid tablets (not inhalers) within a 3 month period.

Entire role out was a mess with some GPs ignoring JCVI and offering all asthmatics on the flu list whilst others not. I’m on more medication than your son and my GP refused to prioritise me because I didn’t meet the criteria.

Being said that “everyone on the flu list” will get a covid vaccine booster now instead

• Sad

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Can someone please explain to me why I still can’t see an NHS doctor or dentist face to face. Is there even a reason anymore?
Trade unions is my answer, they've ruined education also. They're nothing but modern day agitators.
I count myself lucky to not have such a problem as I've easily been to access those services.
I think a factor is population density also.
Stubbornly resisting due to preferring zoom appointments? Is there any 1 answer? Not good to refuse medical treatment to patients whatever the reason.
Covid has given numerous institutions excuses to do whatever they like without reproach.

monga

VIP Member
I read somewhere to gargle water round your mouth if you have a dry mouth ( handy if you are hungover and wake up with a gob like Ghandi's flip flop) but I could never seem to get the water to the dry bit of my throat.

Drinking lots of water is still beneficial, though
Suck on ice cubes that's good for a dry mouth

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
The virus is more widespread now than it was this time last year.
Sorry I included the wrong screenshots in my last post - I’ll include the whole U.K in this post (previous post was Northern Ireland only) but still shows there’s less deaths, that was 6 months into the pandemic and I think eat out to help out if memory serves me well.
3DF42F74-7052-4CDA-A5B3-D046B96FCA71.jpeg
D082FAD9-3135-4480-9099-A5D6BD2A7D00.jpeg

All my sources are from reputable scientific studies too which do not equate to proof as real world data is pending 🤷‍♀️
You said I cite things that there is proof of particular things when there isn’t. I have cited studies regarding vaccines efficacy against severe illness and death which I believe show they are working. If you don’t agree with me that is fine but to say that I am pushing my views onto other people is wrong.

There are people with opposing views to me but I do not tell them they are pushing their views on everyone.

(Sorry to others for possibly derailing the thread).

Abcd123

VIP Member
I'm with you. 100% torn on how to feel. This weekend was the first weekend that I wasn't as careful, went and played sport that I haven't played in 18 months and then i find out yesterday one of the people I played with tested positive for COVID. And now I'm worried that I've got it. Weirdly though, because we weren't in "close contact" I don't have to isolate. Based on how quickly it can spread though, I'll be amazed if I come out of it negative.

I spent last night worrying and feeling shit that I'd let my guard down yet my partner is very much if it happens it happens. I'm just so frustrated that it's been 18 months and now I've finally come into contact with it.

Honestly I think it's going to take a while before some people feel comfortable and that's OK. It's such a weird time and there's no right way to feel. You just have to do what is best for you and your physical and mental health.
Thanks for this. 18mths is a long time to be so careful for though isnt it. I don't blame you for going to play sport. Was it outside? If so your risk is reduced. You have to be 1m or less for 15mins so hopefully you won't have had that much physical contact with the positive personn... X

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

32 million boosters by early December so it's given those who have it last a few weeks for protection to get to full before Christmas Day is a mad timetable and credit to everyone involved in making it happen. We must have enough Pfizer and expected more vaccines to be approved (Valneva) for it to happen without AZ being given. If they jab school children as well that would take a lot of manpower.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
i didn’t say why I didn’t have the app. There’s an array of reasons someone might not have the app, accessibility being one reason

isolating if you’re made aware you’ve been near someone with covid 19 is the right thing to do. No wonder this virus keeps spreading with so many careless “rebels” around, ey!
Fair enough, I don't have the app either but I wouldn't judge someone for legally coming out of isolation.

This is why there is so much conflict from each side, why judge someone on their behaviour when it is nothing to do with you nor do you really understand the conditions of their isolation/circumstance.

Kaylarina

Can someone please explain to me why I still can’t see an NHS doctor or dentist face to face. Is there even a reason anymore?
Are you talking about a GP? If I'm being completely honest I am not certain why quite a number of GPs are still not open, especially with the capabilities of being about to take temperatures etc before admitting to the practice. I know a friend of mine struggled to get a GP appointment for her 14 month old. They fobbed her off with saying it was symptoms of Covid and to take her straight to A&E. Of course in a panic she did, only to get to A&E to be told she's exhibiting no signs of childhood Covid and then having to fight the GP for an appointment again. Turns out it was tonsillitis

If its a hospital, and I can only speak for my own here, it has been a push to do as may follow ups or post surgery calls via the telephone or video conference. Unfortunately I don't think everyone is happy with how patients are being vetted and it can be completely based on who you speak to first. In my service its surgery so we are seeing every patient for their consultations.

lizzies

Tha
It was my 36 year old cousin who had heart failure after his second Pfizer vaccine. He didn’t have any pre existing conditions. His consultant said it was a rare reaction so it certainly isn’t something that will happen to everyone; they are unclear as to why it happened to him though.

It would be best getting cardiology input to see if there are any known risks for someone with your condition having the vaccine. You could call the cardiology department in a hospital and ask to speak to someone, or call the hospital and ask if there is a dedicated line for vaccine queries and they may be best place to answer your concerns.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/07/top-scientists-remain-puzzled-covid-spreads/

apologies to those without a subscription 🤣
Thanks will look into this.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Yes, but you are failing to take into account the fact that the numbers of vaccinated and unvaccinated people are not the same.

If the vaccine didn't reduce the risk of hospitalisation, we'd expect the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated hospitalisations to be similar to the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated people. ie. we would expect 10% of those in hospital to be unvaccinated and 90% to have had at least one dose. However, what we actually see is 55% are unvaccinated and 45% have had at least one dose. The percentage of vaccinated hospitalisations is far lower than the percentage of vaccinated people, and the percentage of unvaccinated hospitalisations is far greater than the percentage of unvaccinated people. We can therefore conclude that the vaccines do in fact reduce risk of hospitalisation.
90% of people haven’t been vaccinated. 90% of people have antibodies maybe that’s why you’re confused? 74% are fully vaccinated. Naturally immunity is also playing a role which no one seems to mention.

yes vaccines have played a role but they aren’t the only thing playing a role here. Peoples behaviour, masks, sanitising, and natural exposure and recovery to infection has also played a role.

Thank you, praying for the fact I’ll be able to go in in person with tutors this time, not sure if I’ll graduate without it :cry: 🙏 :)
It’s been a tough year for university students, paying so much money for fees and accommodarion but not being able to have face to face learning and interaction. Hopefully it will be different this September and you will graduate. 🎓

• Heart