Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same here at the moment, restricted numbers, only close family and friends and extra hygiene measures in place.
I think going forward things might change šŸ™
my mum died last Thursday ( not from the virus) we have been told the same. This is in South Wales. To be honest we are expecting the funeral to be cancelled. My mum is laying in a morgue and none of us know if we will be able to lay her to rest In two weeks time.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I had to nip Asda today to pick up nappies (which I could actually find - hurrah!) and TWO seperate gangs of older ladies came over to my 7 month old and grabbed her hands and tried to touch her face!!!! I just couldnā€™t believe it!!! Why do strangers think itā€™s ok to touch a babyā€™s hands or face at any time, let alone now!?!
I would actually lose my tit. I don't think it's ok to go up touching random babies without asking in general, to do it at a time like this is just so idiotic.

Reactions: 10
my mum died last Thursday ( not from the virus) we have been told the same. This is in South Wales. To be honest we are expecting the funeral to be cancelled. My mum is laying in a morgue and none of us know if we will be able to lay her to rest In two weeks time.
I am so, so sorry you're having to go through that.
I can't imagine the uncertainty and upset it's causing.
Sending lots of love
ā¤

Reactions: 8
My gut says this is a half arsed attempt because tomorrowā€™s couldddd be more important? He must clearly know that people are not staying away from pubs etc

Reactions: 16
Still no lockdown in the UK? Why the duck not? What is wrong with the idiot government there?

Reactions: 20
That must be the biggest anticlimax since Rebecca Lambs 'exciting new videoh' of smoothies.

See what tomorrow brings.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know this is going to sound totally selfish but I work in health and social care in a hospital. Iā€™m not a nurse and Iā€™m my opinion my job isnā€™t strictly ā€œessentialā€ especially in these times. However I do have daily contact with patients and other staff who are involved in looking after patients with the virus. I really do not want to go to work anymore. I have 4 young kids at home ranging from 8 to 1 and my partner has an underlying condition that would put him at higher risk if he contracted the virus. If I brought it home to them I would never forgive myself. I donā€™t have anywhere else to stay to keep away from them (our families live in another country) and also do not want to live away from my children nd partner for an indefinite period of time. I feel physically sick at the thought of going to work, I actually sat in the car and cried before going in to work today. At the same time I see how other people (not just health care but supermarket workers, delivery drivers etc) are being so courageous and brave and going to work day after day and I feel so guilty for just wanting to isolate at home and keep safe. I feel like Iā€™m bordering on a total breakdown, I have honestly never felt so stressed or conflicted in my life. Not really sure what the point of this post is, guess I just wanted to get it off my chest.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Iā€™m so sorry to hear this, thinking of you xx

Reactions: 4
Important point from whitty about numbers still going to go up despite measures because it takes a few weeks for the impact to be felt.

Reactions: 6
Not sure about the US but in the UK some mortuaries are being extended/temporary or mobile mortuaries in place.
Funeral services may be conducted and shared via Skype for families.
Mass funeral services may be conducted.
It is being advised that memorial services to be conducted at a later date post cremation/burial.
Thatā€™s great thatā€™s being done there at least family members have options available to them. ā€œPostponedā€ doesnā€™t give us any info.
You also have to remember here in the US we have a useless piece of tit in charge. Therefore states are setting their own guidelines as they see fit to deal with all aspects of this.
Itā€™s asinine. We have well over 10,000 cases and still canā€™t properly test..

• Sad
Reactions: 3
ā€œAs far as I am aware itā€™s a test like a pregnancy test but it needs blood, not urineā€

Okay then Bojo. Iā€™ll get ready to piss out my blood šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place to post this but this is what Iā€™m going through with my 11 year old right now, and itā€™s heartbreaking to see her so upset. Of course I keep reiterating that itā€™s all for the greater good and people will hopefully be saved for all our sacrifices, but it just feels so empty. I canā€™t ever get her these moments back, and I feel so crappy as a mum. Just needed to offload this somewhere as itā€™s pushed me to tears today, the realisation of it all I think. Iā€™m going to be trying my best to home school my four children from next week whilst being down to one wage, itā€™s scary and itā€™s set my anxiety right off. I just have to keep focused that we all have our health right now and thatā€™s all that matters x Thankyou to everyone trying to keep the country running right now, worrying times for sure, thoughts with everyone who has lost a loved one or is ill or self isolating x
My 11 years old granddaughter is devastated ,not only worrying about get her exams right, but shes waited years to be in her teachers class only for it to be cut short ,sad time for them all ,I hope your daughter accepts it all soon šŸ˜˜

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My gut says this is a half arsed attempt because tomorrowā€™s couldddd be more important? He must clearly know that people are not staying away from pubs etc
I think so. There's no way we're going into the weekend with pubs and restaurants still open. Even my local soft plays are STILL advertising that they're open! Has to stop now.

Reactions: 5
Important point from whitty about numbers still going to go up despite measures because it takes a few weeks for the impact to be felt.
Well it is going to be even worse because they are not ordering things to close/lockdown. I am furious at the UK government. I don't live there now but my family do.

Reactions: 10
My local pub are still advertising the importance of supporting small business and will be open as usual. I know they need a living but we also need to live šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.