Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The grandparents of a close friend of mine make up 2 in the latest UK death toll. They passed away not much more than 24 hours after being hospitalised, aged around 89.

Certainly brings things closer to home. My friend says they didn’t cut down on just small social activities soon enough which really underlines how important ‘social distancing’ is.
[/QUOTE

This is so sad to read, your poor friend . To lose them to a virus Under these circumstances, at this age , is heartbreaking. Condolences

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I know this is only a tiny concern but I'm supposed to move on the 30th! What will happen?! 😩

• Wow
Reactions: 1
A day stuck at home.

“Is it bed time yet”
“Is it lunch time yet”
“How many lunches is too many lunches”
“Oh a snack 😮🤗
“What will I have for dinner...part one”
“Oh a snack 🤭
“What meal comes after dinner”
“Oh a snack 😮 damit that’s a dog food nugget 😒
“How much tea can kill you”

Google’s:
What is the best cereal to eat/who is the best power ranger/can you die from knawing on uncooked fishless fingers/
will the government introduce a new meal in the next sky news update ”

“Oh a snack”

3.30pm. Is it bed time yet.
That is funny, I’ve had to send it to my family

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Greggs and McDonalds both offering free hot drinks/drinks to emergency services, health and social care workers.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was in the post office queue this morning.
At the front there was a woman with a toddler in a buggy (presumably her granddaughter). In comes a younger man, they say hello and hug. Then the man proceeds to play with the little girl, touching her hands. Wtf?! I wanted to scream at them but just kept my mouth closed.
I also tried to keep my distance in the queue - I left ample space between me and the man in front but the man behind me didn’t follow suit. If I moved forward to create space, he moved forward too.
I went to the butchers afterwards and saw the same queue situation happening there so I gave up and came home.

Reactions: 5
I'm lucky to be in a position where I can stay home with the kids and I'm not going anywhere willing to stay home and safe for as long as it takes. None of the at risk stuff applies to us but I'm still staying in. I'll do shopping on my own when I can with a mask and gloves. My family think I'm nuts but I don't care ,my step dad is 76 and is adamant he's not staying in 🤷

Reactions: 7
Maybe I'm gullible but that's terrified me, I've been into conspiracies so long I got to the point of thinking nah it wont happen but I'll be withdrawing money from the bank tomorrow now just incase and possibly aiming to build some kind of bunker 😂🤦‍♀️

Maybe I'm gullible but that's terrified me, I've been into conspiracies so long I got to the point of thinking nah it wont happen but I'll be withdrawing money from the bank tomorrow now just incase and possibly aiming to build some kind of bunker 😂🤦‍♀️
Why do we need to take money out? 😬

Reactions: 1
I was in the post office queue this morning.
At the front there was a woman with a toddler in a buggy (presumably her granddaughter). In comes a younger man, they say hello and hug. Then the man proceeds to play with the little girl, touching her hands. Wtf?! I wanted to scream at them but just kept my mouth closed.
I also tried to keep my distance in the queue - I left ample space between me and the man in front but the man behind me didn’t follow suit. If I moved forward to create space, he moved forward too.
I went to the butchers afterwards and saw the same queue situation happening there so I gave up and came home.
I had to nip Asda today to pick up nappies (which I could actually find - hurrah!) and TWO seperate gangs of older ladies came over to my 7 month old and grabbed her hands and tried to touch her face!!!! I just couldn’t believe it!!! Why do strangers think it’s ok to touch a baby’s hands or face at any time, let alone now!?!

• Angry
Reactions: 11
The press conference is later than usual. I can’t help but feel they’re about to say something very important.

Google’s:
What is the best cereal to eat/who is the best power ranger/can you die from knawing on uncooked fishless fingers/
will the government introduce a new meal in the next sky news update ”
Have a smoothie/whichever one is the least energetic/ nah, it's just Faux Sushi!/ I know someone who recently leaked a recipe I think might be used,not a new meal as it was introduced during the war... try and get hold of some Spam! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My sister works in a school and has just come out of a big meeting. It explained that they will now be called key workers and rostered (including weekends and holidays). They are being issued IDs that will be used to pass through military and show they are who they are. They said the lockdown is imminent and will be in place by Monday.
My sister is a teacher and hasn’t been told anything. 🤷‍♀️

The press conference is later than usual. I can’t help but feel they’re about to say something very important.
Its the first day the press haven’t been given any briefing of what will be announced ... which could mean anything...

Question - do nurserys have to close? My auntie works in a goverment funded one and theyre apprently telling the staff they arent closing! Surely this isnt right?
My child minder has to closes. Only parents "key worker" parents can take their kids 😒
Is their a list of key workers avaliable yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.