Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So they arnt stopping london transport.
They've closed a lot of tube stations already.
20 in total I think. And they'll keep reducing.
No night service on the tube over the weekend. And everyday is now weekend service instead.
Its Sadiq Khan that has the powers to close them so he is doing it, slowly.

Reactions: 4
Surely with Italy's numbers today this is them peaking?? 5332 new cases
The next week will be very telling. If the numbers don't start leveling out, something is really wrong. They have only been officially on lockdown for 11 days though...they took too long to lock it down I think.

Reactions: 8
I know this is going to sound totally selfish but I work in health and social care in a hospital. I’m not a nurse and I’m my opinion my job isn’t strictly “essential” especially in these times. However I do have daily contact with patients and other staff who are involved in looking after patients with the virus. I really do not want to go to work anymore. I have 4 young kids at home ranging from 8 to 1 and my partner has an underlying condition that would put him at higher risk if he contracted the virus. If I brought it home to them I would never forgive myself. I don’t have anywhere else to stay to keep away from them (our families live in another country) and also do not want to live away from my children nd partner for an indefinite period of time. I feel physically sick at the thought of going to work, I actually sat in the car and cried before going in to work today. At the same time I see how other people (not just health care but supermarket workers, delivery drivers etc) are being so courageous and brave and going to work day after day and I feel so guilty for just wanting to isolate at home and keep safe. I feel like I’m bordering on a total breakdown, I have honestly never felt so stressed or conflicted in my life. Not really sure what the point of this post is, guess I just wanted to get it off my chest.
You have every right to have anxiety -- it's okay to acknowledge it.

Reactions: 11
That’s a shame. Another 24 hours to wait till a conference where he’s just repeated himself. I appreciate him making the appearance however as I think that’s important. I was just hoping for a bit more action as many wont take this seriously till they are forced to!

Reactions: 7
Why is Boris saying we have to take a pregnancy test? What was the point of the press conference. Love the Harry Potter reference #invisabilitycloak

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Still no lockdown in the UK? Why the duck not? What is wrong with the idiot government there?
The cynic in me is making me think his joviality is to lull ppl into a false sense of security and hes just going to lockdown before anyone realises

Numbers are very late today aren’t they? I’ve read 137 dead but not sure how accurate.

also did he say ‘did you get me?’ 😂

Reactions: 8
Today's press conference has made me really anxious. Bizarrely when we were being instructed to make greater changes and announcing school closures I felt much better. Today was a damp squib just to fill time and drag out another 24hr. I fully expect a major announcement tomorrow. I don't feel like we were informed by a sincere, confident leader today. He just looks bored. I've a terrible feeling that this is the calm before the tit storm.

Reactions: 18
Why is Boris saying we have to take a pregnancy test? What was the point of the press conference. Love the Harry Potter reference #invisabilitycloak
The way he was flapping his arms about I thought he was going to whip out a wand and charm book 😂
He said that the tests to see if we've had the virus already will be like a pregnancy test 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Numbers are very late today aren’t they? I’ve read 137 dead but not sure how accurate.

also did he say ‘did you get me?’ 😂
Boris people are dying and the pubs and shops wont close unless you MAKE them, do YOU get ME?

Reactions: 20
He didn’t really have anything to say today, did he?

I know hearing about the antibody test is important but pretending that we are “getting somewhere” with fixing the problem isn’t going to stop people spreading the virus by being ignorant and going to the pub.

Equally, promising more help for businesses doesn’t help without saying what it is. My friend has just been laid off with 24 others. Half of her office has gone today and apparently the Managing Director was sobbing by the time she was called in.

Telling the press that the conferences are “going to probably be remote” in the future signals imminent lockdown to me. I think most likely tomorrow night after the schools have officially closed.

• Heart
I feel so sad and sick for Italy. They have 5,322 new cases and 427 new deaths (3405 total). More deaths than China. Thing is, I don't think they've peaked yet and that is awful. How long will it take, I wonder.

• Sad
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.