Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know how you feel. My biggest boy was due to graduate nursery in June. He has autism and we already miss out on a lot of things other children get to do, but to think that he won’t get the whole graduation thing is very upsetting. He loves nursery and his teachers, and it’s helped him so much. It’s a big step in your child’s life and we all have memories of finishing nursery and being a “big” boy or girl. I was already worried about him starting primary school, now I just feel sick at the thought of him getting thrown in at the deep end with no preparation, visits etc. He doesn’t cope well with changes. I was crying about it all last night.
It’s so tough. My son has adhd and has never been diagnosed with autism despite us pushing but he definitely has autistic traits and I worry about getting him back to school. He’s violent when he’s anxious so that’s obviously a concern for me being at home weeks on end. He’s going through the ehcp process and one of the things on there was about developing his empathy (from the Ed psych) which is something he desperately needs help with. I do my best but I’m not an expert. I know there are others in worse situations but it doesn’t diminish ours and it will be really hard. I keep telling myself in two years it’ll be a distant memory ....

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Why are non essential shops like Lush not closing? Theyre offering free bathbombs to NHS workers which is lovely but it would be alot better if they closed and stopped people going in and spreading the virus. That would help the NHS alot more than a bathbomb!
Lets face it, lush and alot of other non essential stores like costa ect can afford to close!
Urgh, I don’t get this bath bomb thing anyway. I can’t even walk past a Lush without holding my breath 🤢

Reactions: 3
I was under the impression anyone with C-19 wasn’t allowed visitors let alone letting the public use PPE?
They really shouldn't be. Our hospital now has 1 hour of visiting and 1 visiter per patient. That's all wards, no news on a covid ward appearing but I'd imagine thier would be no visitors.

Reactions: 2
I can see me and my friend falling out over this. She isnt isolating her or her kids as she wants as much normality for them as possible 🙄

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
My child’s friends are out playing in the street just now. So much for social distancing!

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Indeed. Worth noting the attached in case you wish to make the point to them though (it is the DfE guidance)
We've just had a text from the school regarding this ,their saying if you have a partner or responsible person to look after the child they are not permitted to attend ..only children of single parents or a lone carer that are key workers are able to attend ,and you have to register a place on their website..you must know your hours in advance as it's only a skeleton staff will be available in school ?

Reactions: 2
They really shouldn't be. Our hospital now has 1 hour of visiting and 1 visiter per patient. That's all wards, no news on a covid ward appearing but I'd imagine thier would be no visitors.
I agree. If the rate of infection is so high then I can’t imagine they’d be any visiting. Let alone filming anything.

Social distancing to last up to a year experts are predicting ?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.