Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Darlascott236

Little bit of light heartiness because it tickled me. Sent my husband a small list of things I needed from the supermarket. He phoned me all in a panic and says “I can’t get everything you’ve asked me to get (6 items) Asda are only allowing 3 items per person” 🤣🤣 couldn’t speak for laughing telling him it was 3 of the same item per customer 🤣

hope everyone is okay tonight with all that’s happened today re the schools.So much to read through I haven’t been able too

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
“150 troops are learning to drive oxygen tankers to supply hospitals”

Why do people fear the army being involved?
Genuine question, they’re just as valuable as any other service trying to protect the country?

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Horatio

VIP Member
The grandparents of a close friend of mine make up 2 in the latest UK death toll. They passed away not much more than 24 hours after being hospitalised, aged around 89.

Certainly brings things closer to home. My friend says they didn’t cut down on just small social activities soon enough which really underlines how important ‘social distancing’ is.

• Sad
Reactions: 48

The Green Triangle

Chatty Member
I live in France.
Last Thursday we were told schools were closing.
On Saturday non-essential businesses were told to shut - restaurants, bars, cinemas, non essential shops, museums etc and people were told to not go out unless necessary and when they did to not go with 1-2m of other people. Chemists etc immediately set up one in one out systems to allow people to still get their medications. There was a slight increase in people adding some extras to their shopping trolleys but no panic buying.
But on Sunday the weather was lovely and many Parisians and those living in other cities/towns flocked to public places and some bars etc did not close.
On Sunday it was announced that from midday on Monday the country would be put into lockdown. In his speech, Macron said 5 times that we were at war. At war with an invisible enemy and because the public ignored what had been asked he had no other option but to ramp up the restrictions.
We can only go out for one of 5 essential reasons:
1. go to work but only if our work is on a list of jobs deemed necessary and we are unable to work from home and we must have a signed paper from our employer proving our work fits the criteria
2. buy food from authorised stores
3. go to a doctor/pharmacy
4. assist a vulnerable family member or act as a child minder for people at work
5. take exercise/walk a pet in close proximity to our homes and without meeting friends
We must carry a completed official form on all journeys when outside of our homes.
Police are out in force checking why people are out and fines are levied to anyone out for any reason not listed.
So far over 4000 people have been fined.
So if the UK Government thinks it can get this virus under control by "asking" the public to self isolate and social distance they are completely deluded.

Sorry - long post.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
My problem at the moment is birth control!! I’ve got a 10 week old with no intention of any more....The clinics near me aren’t doing the implants atm and I can’t see a doc about the pill until next Tuesday and even that’s a telephone appointment!! Abstinence is key at the moment!! 😂
When I had a 10 week old...he WAS the birth control!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Discolights

VIP Member
My husband (a type 2 diabetic) has been sent home from work on full pay for 12 weeks, and if this isn't sorted by then he's off for a further 14 weeks on full pay, bloody stupid he's not ill !! Government guidelines
Diabetics are in the risk category.He is incredibly fortunate to be given time off and all paid. I’d be thanking my lucky stars right now.

Reactions: 40

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Everyone still worried about stores and stock levels, I’m not an expert but we were there last week, schools and workplaces closed on Thursday and Friday-Monday you were fighting over the cheese strings.

but since Wednesday, according to everyone I’ve heard from this isn’t the case anymore, there was a wall of toilet roll in Tesco, I had a neighbour who went to a different store for “happy elderly hour” this morning and it’s all at normal stock levels, their deliveries haven’t been effected and their stockrooms are filling up again 🤷‍♀️
Just to anyone worrying about not getting what they need,
don’t panic and give it a few days. 👍

when DS was in nursery.
737C0E8A-1EF3-4BB3-9DD0-A171DBD466E8.jpeg

this is what I imagine when I see someone use “DS” instead of “my son” 😂🤣
I chose a blue one but I’m not giving him a gender.... he can identify as any colour of DS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Yel

Chatty Member
Lidl was pretty empty today but I did manage to buy a Himalayan salt lamp for a tenner and it's making me happy, I'd recommend one to lift your mood :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
anything considered a service isn’t effected, so that includes supermarkets, pharmacies Royal Mail etc. Probably not strip clubs.

the army will be the ones to transport 89 year old Betty to the hospital, if transportation is limited they’re gonna be the ones to get serious cases from A to B when the ambulance service isn’t available, to get medication to people who need it, move equipment between hospitals, move blood between hospitals, ventilation devices, doctors if necessary 🤷‍♀️

If we’re not planning to break any rules we’ll be fine.
if they start making people do PE like army recruits I’m retracting my support.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don't fear them getting involved, what I can not stand is all this my brothers, friends aunties dogs owner is in the army and he says..
a fucking men.

26EE746B-FEE3-4C62-8392-679B49B0DD89.jpeg

People need to calm the hysteria and stop letting words take over fucking logic
“Army” “lockdown” they’re just words!!

we all know someone in the army right? They’re good people?
unless they start locking us up to steal the hoarded toilet roll let’s stop getting worked up by a service that’s there to support the NHS and co.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Gemmilton

Just found out I’ve been let go from my job. Not completely unexpected but it’s still devastating. I work in a sales based job and am actually still at work now but just been told to pack up. I’ve been working there for 16 months and they’re letting go of everyone under 2 years automatically. No idea what comes next, can’t imagine there will be many sales jobs out there anytime soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 35

Foxy86

Chatty Member
“150 troops are learning to drive oxygen tankers to supply hospitals”

Why do people fear the army being involved?
Genuine question, they’re just as valuable as any other service trying to protect the country?
I don't fear them getting involved, what I can not stand is all this my brothers, friends aunties dogs owner is in the army and he says..

• Haha
Reactions: 34

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Having a meltdown 😥
Hubby usually works away for weeks at a time and thought my luck was in that we'd actually be able to use this time as family time, albeit stuck inside.

He's gone to live with his best friend that has MS for 12 weeks as of today to look after him.

He's just left and I feel like we've broken up 🙈🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

grumpycat

VIP Member
Can I just say let’s be thankful we DO have an army. that we have back up in this form.
there is nothing to fear from them. they’re not gonna snipe you in the garden.
they will aim to keep the peace and ensure that the world doesn’t turn into a loot in’ root in’ free for all.

I find it more unusual that most of our police force don’t have a gun. anywhere in Europe they have an AK47 and I find it more reassuring. in today’s situations of terrorist attacks and what not, it’s best to be prepared IMO

I don’t believe anyone in those positions can tell auntie June’s cat that they’re ready to deploy or they’ll be at Lidl in Hammersmith at 4.30pm Friday.

yes things have escalated quickly. but which is it, the government are too slow, now it’s too fast?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Mizzdee

omg guys I am fucking fuming!!!!!!

my mam just came to pick up some of the eggs I acquired from the restaurant next to my husbands work closing down, and she had just been to the GP to pick up her prescription.

She said she was covering her nose and mouth with her scarf (it was a hugely busy waiting room) and a woman tried to start a fight saying "look at her! trying to scare everyone! get me the manager she is making me have a panic attack! it's only a fucking cold, look at her trying to frighten everyone! she's probably got it, why is she covering her face!" my mam said there was a slanging match ending with her saying "here you dozy bitch I've been in isolation for the past 2 weeks, I have a t1 diabetic husband and a daughter recovering from cancer! if I wasn't bothered about catching your germs i'd fucking deck you!"

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

grumpycat

VIP Member
No one has any idea of any rules until we go into lockdown. The army will not be patrolling your cul-de-sac to ensure that Karen from no 32 isn’t outside lurking in the hydrangeas.
the army will be supporting the NHS and ensuring that people don’t ignore the rules that are laid out

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My husband (a type 2 diabetic) has been sent home from work on full pay for 12 weeks, and if this isn't sorted by then he's off for a further 14 weeks on full pay, bloody stupid he's not ill !! Government guidelines
Struggling to understand what’s ‘bloody stupid’ about this?

Reactions: 30