Coronation Street #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a thread on here for Hollington drive if anyones interested
( not a dig because I know I started the the convo 🤣 just letting you know)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Olly Alexander is on the One Show and his hair style is similar to Zedan’s. 😎

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I really want to catch up on the last 2-3 weeks worth of Corrie but I can't get myself back into it.
I want to watch Norris' funeral eps because I absolutely adored him but I've heard they weren't very good?

Reactions: 1
I really want to catch up on the last 2-3 weeks worth of Corrie but I can't get myself back into it.
I want to watch Norris' funeral eps because I absolutely adored him but I've heard they weren't very good?
Norris' funeral episodes were imo some of the worst ever. Really did not do that fine character and actor any justice at all.
The actual church scene was beyond cringe. Audrey swigging from a hip flask and shouting out, then lots of the other cast shouting to each other. In church? Just would not happen.
Norris was made out to be a quite mean and vindictive individual - instead of mischievous which I presume was the intention.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Norris' funeral episodes were imo some of the worst ever. Really did not do that fine character and actor any justice at all.
The actual church scene was beyond cringe. Audrey swigging from a hip flask and shouting out, then lots of the other cast shouting to each other. In church? Just would not happen.
Norris was made out to be a quite mean and vindictive individual - instead of mischievous which I presume was the intention.
Thank you for your post and I think I'll pass on that because I have heard they didn't do him justice. He was an absolutely wonderful character. I was sad to see Malcolm Hebden leave the show. 😪

Reactions: 5
You will also have to sit through the awful Freda episodes of her dictating to Gemma that one of the quads, Aled should not be getting a cochlear implant. Honestly it’s not worth the stress watching those eps

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Plus the current episodes are just facts and figures about the lack of diversity in football and it’s starting to feel like a Ted talk. Steve “hey, did you know that….”

Reactions: 20
Plus the current episodes are just facts and figures about the lack of diversity in football and it’s starting to feel like a Ted talk. Steve “hey, did you know that….”
It is quite clunky dialogue. Steve asking James facts & figures about football and diversity in football like a walking talking Quizmaster. Is James practicing for a appearance on Mastermind or something hence why Steve is testing his knowledge or is it a way of lecturing the audience?

Reactions: 9
Lecturing the audience definitely. The writers used to be so much better at raising awareness of topics.

Reactions: 12
It really has gone down hill so much, it used to be my fave soap, but now it's just on in the background.

Reactions: 10
Lecturing the audience definitely. The writers used to be so much better at raising awareness of topics.
It's clearly been written for Black History Month, but as others have said, it's clunky and out of no where. Just like police bias storyline was just as bad, a simplified version of an everyday form of racism. It's really bad writing.

Reactions: 11
As bad as the writing is for James and the rest of the family at least Corrie are trying.Wish it was done better though.I’m just happy not to be seeing Hope,Ty and Fiiz tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Seb's dad looks weirdly like an older version of Paul. Also...anyone else think the woman behind the bar in the pub Kevin went to looked a bit like Kym Marsh with a blonde wig on...? Or just me....
I thought exactly the same thing Gin my chum.

1 'The Dog and Gun' was on the estate which introduced us to Becky and Kylie Granger, Callum the drug dealer with his sidekicks Macca, Gemma plus Shona and the loathsome Clayton.

2. So, Bernie must have been living there at one point with 'Gemini and Apollo' (aka Gemma and Paul).

3. I actually think, as well as being Sebs dad, he will also be revealed as Paul and Gemmas dad as well. The resemblence to Paul is uncanny, especially the nose and eyes.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.