Coronation Street #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He wants back with Fizz 🤦‍♀️
This is Corrie's biggest problem imo. It can't change anything. Anything that does change, Tyrone leaving Fizz in this example, will always revert back to original, with Tyrone wanting to get back with Fizz (and we all know it'll be the Christmas 'miracle' storyline).

Everything is rinse and repeat with no long standing repercussions or changes. It's boring. All the soaps need a good shake up.

Reactions: 11
This is Corrie's biggest problem imo. It can't change anything. Anything that does change, Tyrone leaving Fizz in this example, will always revert back to original, with Tyrone wanting to get back with Fizz (and we all know it'll be the Christmas 'miracle' storyline).

Everything is rinse and repeat with no long standing repercussions or changes. It's boring. All the soaps need a good shake up.
Awww a fairytail christmas wedding with falling snow perhaps😂 I don't care what the xmas storyline is as long as it is not sad and tragic...
Oh we can look forward to Hope lighting the xmas pudding as suggested by Evelyn 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Awww a fairytail christmas wedding with falling snow perhaps😂 I don't care what the xmas storyline is as long as it is not sad and tragic...
Oh we can look forward to Hope lighting the xmas pudding as suggested by Evelyn 😂
Evelyn comes out with some quality crackers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Yet again people turning to getting drunk in the Rovers when they have a problem, I'm referring to Emma's new ting I forget his name. It's about time they chose something new like resorting to crack and heroin or binging on chocolate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Tbh the show is doing better than EE. The actresses who play Kelly and Laura have a very sweet relationship off screen, always posting pics and commenting on each other’s instas

Reactions: 4
Yet again people turning to getting drunk in the Rovers when they have a problem, I'm referring to Emma's new ting I forget his name. It's about time they chose something new like resorting to crack and heroin or binging on chocolate.
Did they even explain why he was just randomly getting drunk in the pub?

Reactions: 1
I really bloody hate the way they've gone with Emma's BF storyline. They didn't need the mystery illness schtick, they could have just had a nice (and normal) start to a relationship and then they could have been a good comparison board for Alina and Ty to reassess their own love story. Seeing how natural and easy a relationship can be without a demon step child trying to burn you to a sizzle. Rather the nonsense we have now.

Speaking of the demon child, why are Fizz and Ty still pandering to the little psychopath?! The way poor Ruby was ignored on the doorstep! And then not explaining to Hope that no one wants to be your friend because you don't act nice. That's just basic parenting!

I really bloody hate the way they've gone with Emma's BF storyline. They didn't need the mystery illness schtick, they could have just had a nice (and normal) start to a relationship and then they could have been a good comparison board for Alina and Ty to reassess their own love story. Seeing how natural and easy a relationship can be without a demon step child trying to burn you to a sizzle. Rather the nonsense we have now.

Speaking of the demon child, why are Fizz and Ty still pandering to the little psychopath?! The way poor Ruby was ignored on the doorstep! And then not explaining to Hope that no one wants to be your friend because you don't act nice. That's just basic parenting!
It’s bizarre how Ruby, who has just lost her mother and been through just as much turmoil as Hope, is currently being ignored and sidelined for in favour of a child he is not even related to. Such piss poor parenting on display from all.

Reactions: 12
It’s bizarre how Ruby, who has just lost her mother and been through just as much turmoil as Hope, is currently being ignored and sidelined for in favour of a child he is not even related to. Such piss poor parenting on display from all.
Ruby is cute as a button but her acting skills aren't as strong as some of the other Corrie kids. It would be worth recasting her so they could have a stronger actress to portray what it's like being a sibling of a 'problem child'. The fact it's being completely ignored is shocking from the writer's side.

There's a crime doc series called 'Evil Lives Here', each episode is an interview with someone who lived with a killer (like their sibling or spouse). Fizz reminds me of some of the mums, listing off red flag behaviour and how they brushed it under the carpet and wondering why they got an evil adult. That's what happening to Hope. No one is providing her boundaries, nor punishment for her behaviour. Ruby would be scarred already, and would need therapy just as much as Hope.

Reactions: 8
The thing is she’s not even a sibling! There’s no real reason that Ruby should continue to have to grow up scarred and affected for life, because of Hope.
It is ludicrous, what she’s already been subjected to is too much, Evelyn needs to step in and Fizz should go and live in the flat with Rose West in training.

• Haha
Hmm not sure about some of the comments suggesting that cos Tyrone and Ruby aren't blood relations of Hope they should just cut her off. That's not how family works...

Reactions: 6
Hmm not sure about some of the comments suggesting that cos Tyrone and Ruby aren't blood relations of Hope they should just cut her off. That's not how family works...
They aren’t family though, not by blood or marriage. Blended families do separate sadly, it’s just life.

Also, people are suggesting Tyrone puts Ruby first for once, I certainly haven’t suggested ‘cutting Hope off’, just taking a step back and prioritising his biological child.

Reactions: 7
They aren’t family though, not by blood or marriage. Blended families do separate sadly, it’s just life.

Also, people are suggesting Tyrone puts Ruby first for once, I certainly haven’t suggested ‘cutting Hope off’, just taking a step back and prioritising his biological child.
Tyrone raised her -he's her dad! Blended families separate but if you've made commitments to children you can't just go back on them when things get tough. That's how you end up with disturbed kids with abandonment issues like Hope in the first place. I agree that it's terrible and unrealistic how Ruby is being sidelined though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I'm glad you said this as I thought exactly the same! Hope needs tough love. They're still treating her as a ickle princess

Reactions: 3
Tyrone raised her -he's her dad! Blended families separate but if you've made commitments to children you can't just go back on them when things get tough. That's how you end up with disturbed kids with abandonment issues like Hope in the first place. I agree that it's terrible and unrealistic how Ruby is being sidelined though.
Ruby has more of a case for abandonment issues!

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting Tyrone ditches Hope, but playing happy families, and not even acknowledging his other daughter is not right either.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.