Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is Peter dead?
I spent the whole episode willing him to drop down dead- I got sure he was going to collapse during the wedding and was disappointed when he didn't. He won't die on a cliffhanger though, it would have been so much more powerful for him to die mid episode. The whole storyline just needs putting out of its misery. Carla just sucks the life out of every scene she's in and Peter is going the same way. The characters do nothing for each other and I find myself skipping through scenes with them in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I spent the whole episode willing him to drop down dead- I got sure he was going to collapse during the wedding and was disappointed when he didn't. He won't die on a cliffhanger though, it would have been so much more powerful for him to die mid episode. The whole storyline just needs putting out of its misery. Carla just sucks the life out of every scene she's in and Peter is going the same way. The characters do nothing for each other and I find myself skipping through scenes with them in it.
Same, I'm just done with the pair of them. Every time they could do something new with either character, the writers think 'naaah' and just rinse and repeat with the same stories over and over again. It's boring. Couldn't have cared less about them marrying again, laughed like a banshee when he face planted the cobbles. I had more sympathy for Kevin when he slipped and skidded over the cobbles.

Reactions: 3
Same, I'm just done with the pair of them. Every time they could do something new with either character, the writers think 'naaah' and just rinse and repeat with the same stories over and over again. It's boring. Couldn't have cared less about them marrying again, laughed like a banshee when he face planted the cobbles. I had more sympathy for Kevin when he slipped and skidded over the cobbles.
I think Carla is one of those characters that has run her course (she's not the only one) and needs to leave. But we know she won't, and even if she does, she'll come back again in a year or two and the misery cycle will start again. It seems to be a given now that a job in corrie is a job for life.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
No doubt the pandemic has made stuff difficult, the odd angles they film at makes it look odd , but the writing is appalling now, it almost feels like they have literally run out of ideas, for the first time I'm actually seeing a program die on TV.

I half expect to see characters stand there look at their watch , look into the camera and shrug and let out a huge sigh, Or ask the viewers how we've been while telling us about going to the shop in their private life because the writers have literally got nothing. All the while the producer is panicking telling them to keep going there is another 25 minutes to fill.

Roy is giving us tips on washing up , next scene Ken is wine making , in the end it becomes individual segments of handy life hacks.

Next episode Is Tim and Sally literally selling vacuums and demonstrating them like QVC

I would probably watch that at least it would make some sort of sense

• Haha
I thought it was funny when Bernie said to Toyah Why are you doing counselling I thought you worked in a knicker factory. Exactly Bernie!
On reflection it wasn't Bernie that annoyed me it was the whole scenario of having a counselling session in a restaurant and within earshot of other customers.

As for Carla and Peter get Peter his transplant and the pair of them can go off to some cottage somewhere for a few months for him to recover and give us a break .

I know filming has been difficult because of Covid but they have seriously over used some characters the past few months. Leanne, Peter, Carla all need to have a good rest.

• Heart
I can't wait for the social distancing to come to and end for these actors because it's become so tired now. Bride and groom socially distanced at the altar :LOL:

On reflection it wasn't Bernie that annoyed me it was the whole scenario of having a counselling session in a restaurant and within earshot of other customers.

As for Carla and Peter get Peter his transplant and the pair of them can go off to some cottage somewhere for a few months for him to recover and give us a break .

I know filming has been difficult because of Covid but they have seriously over used some characters the past few months. Leanne, Peter, Carla all need to have a good rest.
Throwing Leanne into the ridiculous drug story was awful. They should have sent her off to Eva after Oliver's funeral and gave her character a rest.

It's not just Carla and Peter on/off relationship, neither of them progress elsewhere. Carla always ends up at the factory, Peter always relapses drinking etc. They're always running on the spot.

I can't wait for the social distancing to come to and end for these actors because it's become so tired now. Bride and groom socially distanced at the altar :LOL:
Peter lying their on the cobbles while nobody goes over to him but just stare at him from afar

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Peter lying their on the cobbles while nobody goes over to him but just stare at him from afar
Look a man is dying , but we can't risk his life by going too near him , who knows he may catch covid as he dies in the street , we need to save his life from covid by watching him die from afar 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They've always shoved Leanne down ours throats tbh. Nothing like your son dying then going into drug dealing!

And Carla has always done my head in, I hate the rattling of all her jewellery 😂

Reactions: 6
I'm a bit behind but I just died cringing when Peter referred to him and Carla as "endgame" and poor Sam just getting ditched for Leanne 🤣 boss Dad you are Nick

• Haha
Three years for Fay. Harsh for a very young girl who had plead guilty. I don’t know what I think 😢 And unfortunately Peter survived !SPOILER][/SPOILER]

3 years was ridiculous for Faye.I’m sure she will get out when Ray is found guilty.Can’t stand her so glad she’s gone for a bit.Praying Craig leaves the force so sick of him constantly policing the street.Alina is not that cute to have every man on the street falling at her feet.Maria saying Seb and Tyrone are similar that I don’t see

What age is Alina supposed to be ?
Think she’s about 22/23 not sure tbh.Read an article about the actress and she’s 27 if remember rightly

I do feel a bit sorry for Faye. 3 years is a bit harsh but Corrie need to get their money's worth out of that prison set especially as Gary is out and Johnny's not going to be far behind.

I also kept shouting at Craig to at least wait until the court hearing before handing in his resignation!!

3 years was ridiculous for Faye.I’m sure she will get out when Ray is found guilty.Can’t stand her so glad she’s gone for a bit.Praying Craig leaves the force so sick of him constantly policing the street.Alina is not that cute to have every man on the street falling at her feet.Maria saying Seb and Tyrone are similar that I don’t see

Think she’s about 22/23 not sure tbh.Read an article about the actress and she’s 27 if remember rightly
Cheers. She looks younger than 27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.