Coronation Street #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrying on from #9

Recap… Summer and Aaron are in the process of agreeing to hand over their upcoming baby to a weird pair for cash… recently the couple have suggested that they put the husbands name on the birthcert even though he is not the dad
Summer and Aaron stuttered an agreement
The weirdo pair exchanged a dodgy look
The Vicar, the undertaker and builder dads have no idea of what is going on…
Max has been lovestruck by racist lauren and is being radicalised by her dad and his friends
We have seen them being less than nice to Alya and Daryan
Hope is in possession of the book about John Stape and is considering taking it to school.
Sam is still bloody moaning on about Harvey and wants to go see him in prison.. ( he’s too busy training for strictly to see you lol)
Please continue recap
old thread here

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am struggling with the whole spider involvement, I understand he is supposed to be an undercover cop but it just doesn't fit. Also I don't believe that he would be allowed to continue as he has too much involvement with the residents of the street.

Reactions: 13
Yazmeen does my head in as does Spider, Stuart, Alya. Thank goodness for Bernie 🤣

Reactions: 7
Max's mannerisms and delivery are so distracting. There's not ONE decent storyline on Corrie at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Saw online that Tyrone plans a surprise wedding for him and Fizz but she goes missing? 😴 how is it a year on and we’re still hanging onto storylines with the SAME characters.
I saw it on the daily fail and all the comments, albeit I never agree with the comments usually, were saying how god awful it is at the moment and they need to get rid of Summer! (And Max but I like him now I saw the actor on the NTAs 😂)

Reactions: 10
I quite enjoyed tonight's, Hope is pretty funny and Glenda "Where's the von trapps?" 🤣

Although does Griff not realise toyah who hates him is spiders girlfriend?

Reactions: 4
Saw online that Tyrone plans a surprise wedding for him and Fizz but she goes missing? 😴 how is it a year on and we’re still hanging onto storylines with the SAME characters.
I saw it on the daily fail and all the comments, albeit I never agree with the comments usually, were saying how god awful it is at the moment and they need to get rid of Summer! (And Max but I like him now I saw the actor on the NTAs 😂)

That's funny because I feel the same. 🤣

I thought Max was rubbish then I saw how sweet Paddy was and I changed my mind. It's like kicking a puppy.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Has there been a racism storyline where victim is white? I think that would be an interesting take on it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Has there been a racism storyline where victim is white? I think that would be an interesting take on it.
Hmm considering white people are not a minority/ subject to oppression in the north of England doesn’t seem likely.

I do wonder where they are going with the Max storyline, I agree it’s far fetched for him to be radicalised off the back of one video

Reactions: 10
Hmm considering white people are not a minority/ subject to oppression in the north of England doesn’t seem likely.

I do wonder where they are going with the Max storyline, I agree it’s far fetched for him to be radicalised off the back of one video

I think it's going to lead to Spider blowing his cover or being rumbled and Max saving him or something ... Max will have a redeeming arc.

Reactions: 6
I think it's going to lead to Spider blowing his cover or being rumbled and Max saving him or something ... Max will have a redeeming arc.
That would make sense, there definitely needs to be a redemption arc for Max. I wonder if by blowing Spider’s cover he will leave, I don’t feel like his return is long term?

Reactions: 5
Excellent article about how woke and lecturing Corrie has become

Agree with this!

I'm all for raising awareness but in a subtle way. The way the actors deliver their lines on issues that have clearly been written into a script to "help/advise" the audience so have to be said verbatim, always comes across like an educational video you'd watch back in school! The majority of the time they're not even storylines just stupid scenes added in for no reason, like the whole car parking/climate change cringefest, and Gemma's hundredth child needing cochlear implants/her learning sign language.

For me, the last decent storyline was Seb's death and even that became dire (let's not mention horror-nation street, Abbie vs. Cory showdown).
Every storyline/character focus is dragging on way more than it should at the moment, just when you think the issue they were facing had resolved and you were shot of them for a while (like how it used to be) there becomes something else they have to deal with:
  • Abbie dealing with Seb's death - became pregnant with Imran, hooked on drugs and fights for custody.
  • Summer becoming diabetic/suffering from an ED/messing up her Oxbridge legacy - becomes pregnant with her giant boyfriend, and is selling it for his dad's rehab.
  • Max having issues with teacher of the year Daniel - becomes radicalised by Nazis
  • Tyrone having an affair/Fizz marrying Phil - John Stape book release (and more to come at Xmas)
They really need to start peppering their storylines in and character screen time because it's been bloody awful this year, and the fact my awful memory can remember almost every storyline that's happened in 2022 is very telling of how much they drag it on.

I only watch it still because I watch it with my Mum & Dad on Friday night's - it sort of became a family tradition in lockdown and I'd be sad to stop.

(sorry for the rant.)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.