Coronation Street #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped watching it about 2 months ago. Rubbish storylines and bad acting. Read about last nights episode and I’m glad I’m not watching it 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Every storyline/character focus is dragging on way more than it should at the moment, just when you think the issue they were facing had resolved and you were shot of them for a while (like how it used to be) there becomes something else they have to deal with
Reminds me of the American daytime soaps that are just so over the top dramatic with wooden acting and obvious product placement.

Reactions: 5
Agree with this!

I'm all for raising awareness but in a subtle way. The way the actors deliver their lines on issues that have clearly been written into a script to "help/advise" the audience so have to be said verbatim, always comes across like an educational video you'd watch back in school! The majority of the time they're not even storylines just stupid scenes added in for no reason, like the whole car parking/climate change cringefest, and Gemma's hundredth child needing cochlear implants/her learning sign language.

For me, the last decent storyline was Seb's death and even that became dire (let's not mention horror-nation street, Abbie vs. Cory showdown).
Every storyline/character focus is dragging on way more than it should at the moment, just when you think the issue they were facing had resolved and you were shot of them for a while (like how it used to be) there becomes something else they have to deal with:
  • Abbie dealing with Seb's death - became pregnant with Imran, hooked on drugs and fights for custody.
  • Summer becoming diabetic/suffering from an ED/messing up her Oxbridge legacy - becomes pregnant with her giant boyfriend, and is selling it for his dad's rehab.
  • Max having issues with teacher of the year Daniel - becomes radicalised by Nazis
  • Tyrone having an affair/Fizz marrying Phil - John Stape book release (and more to come at Xmas)
They really need to start peppering their storylines in and character screen time because it's been bloody awful this year, and the fact my awful memory can remember almost every storyline that's happened in 2022 is very telling of how much they drag it on.

I only watch it still because I watch it with my Mum & Dad on Friday night's - it sort of became a family tradition in lockdown and I'd be sad to stop.

(sorry for the rant.)
I would have to agree, I am watching the classic episodes and when you do you realize how bad/stale Corrie has become, very few comedy moments anymore, that was one of the best things about Corrie over say EastEnders where it's all doom and gloom , however Corrie employed writer from EastEnders and it shows , the stories this year in particular all seem to be a "lesson" for the viewers. They have pulled away from the whole killer Stephen story line atm , which no doubt will come into play again over Xmas and into the new year. The classic episodes are far superior to today's . It also seems as if Fiz has forgotten about her daughter battling leukemia, when she was listing what hope has been through in her young life she never mentioned it . Also Fiz seems to have totally forgotten what she was like when she first entered coronation street lol , and that Hope is in many ways like she was never mind John Stape .

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why did Darian run into the garden thingy when he could’ve simply spun around and walked back into work? Got Stu out with his best cheffing knife.
I do not need to see Yasmeen and Stu necking on thankyou.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why did Darian run into the garden thingy when he could’ve simply spun around and walked back into work? Got Stu out with his best cheffing knife.
Exactly. I was shouting at the telly 'Go back inside' 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m finding it really hard to watch. I know it’s Corrie and they cover lots of different storylines but it’s just a bit much. Bring back the humour!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My favourite character has to be Blanche

And my favourite part is when they all go to the AA meeting, even from the start when Deidre remarks ‘I’m not usually fond of a nut at breakfast’ 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I would have to agree, I am watching the classic episodes and when you do you realize how bad/stale Corrie has become, very few comedy moments anymore, that was one of the best things about Corrie over say EastEnders where it's all doom and gloom , however Corrie employed writer from EastEnders and it shows , the stories this year in particular all seem to be a "lesson" for the viewers. They have pulled away from the whole killer Stephen story line atm , which no doubt will come into play again over Xmas and into the new year. The classic episodes are far superior to today's . It also seems as if Fiz has forgotten about her daughter battling leukemia, when she was listing what hope has been through in her young life she never mentioned it . Also Fiz seems to have totally forgotten what she was like when she first entered coronation street lol , and that Hope is in many ways like she was never mind John Stape .
I always say this when I'm trying to justify why I watch Corrie 🤣. That's its nuchal funnier and more light hearted than the other Soaps. Unfortunately it's losing its USP...

And my favourite part is when they all go to the AA meeting, even from the start when Deidre remarks ‘I’m not usually fond of a nut at breakfast’ 😂
The AA meeting I think is hands down my fave Corrie episode/scene EVER! 😃😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

How cute was Simon as a small child?
He’s so weird looking now 😠

• Haha

God I miss Blanche, she was a true Corrie icon!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was thinking the same 🤣

Reactions: 4
As an actress or person? Okay as an actress but not a fan of her. Saying “Why would Sylvain go for burgers when he’s got steak” about Jorgie Porter was uncalled for
Didn’t she also have an affair with him when she was on dancing on ice when he was with Jennifer Metcalfe from hollyoaks, is that who you mean or does she just have it out for the hollyoaks cast?

• Wow
Didn’t she also have an affair with him when she was on dancing on ice when he was with Jennifer Metcalfe from hollyoaks, is that who you mean or does she just have it out for the hollyoaks cast?
It was Jennifer but a year later Jorgie Porter was dancing with him. Jorgie made a joke about being his gf and Samia said that

• Wow
Reactions: 4
As an actress or person? Okay as an actress but not a fan of her. Saying “Why would Sylvain go for burgers when he’s got steak” about Jorgie Porter was uncalled for
Especially since the man who was famous for that quote, Paul Newman, did have an affair with a lady called Bacon.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.