Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bad I thought he was American, couldn't understand the use of the word deported.
Have no clue re the burning car, literally none.

I think there was some speculation that they might have torched the car to hide evidence of Constance having just given birth in it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
The car has only been bought a few days before and presumably a dodgy seller (cash, they probably didn’t want to leave paperwork) so I just assumed they got sold a dude car that caught fire tbh. Better places go set fire to it than the middle of the motorway whilst you’re driving and it’s full of your belongings!

Reactions: 12
Burning the vehicle was very odd. Do we think it was accidental? I feel like it must have been as it was pretty conspicuous.
I think it was an issue with the car. I don’t think they would have done it on purpose there where it is obvious and there is CCTV etc given that they have been avoiding having their faces seen and are obviously keeping under the radar. If they wanted to burn it I would have thought they would do that somewhere a bit less obvious?

Reactions: 9
The car has only been bought a few days before and presumably a dodgy seller (cash, they probably didn’t want to leave paperwork) so I just assumed they got sold a dude car that caught fire tbh. Better places go set fire to it than the middle of the motorway whilst you’re driving and it’s full of your belongings!
That's a lot more plausible!

Reactions: 3
Here’s a long piece from the Standard yesterday. It says she has a multi-million pound trust fund.

Isn’t it sad that this beautiful, massively privileged woman, who could have done anything she wanted, ended up living in squalor and losing custody of her children? I can only assume she fell into drug addiction.

Reactions: 31
Here’s a long piece from the Standard yesterday. It says she has a multi-million pound trust fund.

Isn’t it sad that this beautiful, massively privileged woman, who could have done anything she wanted, ended up living in squalor and losing custody of her children? I can only assume she fell into drug addiction.
I assumed drugs/MH/DV going on that she appears to have totally detached. Hope there's a good outcome and there's contact soon.

But yes you would assume money can shield you from some of the harsher aspects of life but this isn't always the case.

Reactions: 16
Some extra detail in Daily Mail today about Mark Gordon's crimes, what a horrible bastard. If she got with him knowing that, I don't have much sympathy for her. It's the kids who suffer and that baby is in danger.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
He's dangerous and she distanced herself from everyone when she got involved with him, although it has been reported she is easily influenced by men. It's him, she's vulnerable.

Reactions: 20
I thought it was interesting that when they were first reported missing in the press the police appealed directly to her and not him.

Reactions: 17
That makes me think its an abusive relationship and conversations around that have taken place and Constance has been slightly open to them.
Sometimes its very difficult for people living in that situation to see whats happening especially when the abuser is still present and gaslighting them.

Reactions: 24
It can be incredibly difficult to see what you’re in, when you’re in it, no matter how horrifically wrong it clearly is to everyone outside of it.

Especially if you’ve been isolated from your family and friends for a long time and, for whatever reason, may no longer believe that they can be trusted with your best interests.

Reactions: 19
Think how emotionally taxing this would have been on her, he wouldn't have felt the same emotions, the only thing he'd have been worried about was losing his control over her.
Thats my reading of this situation anyway, especially since his past has emerged. Men like this have a type. Vulnerable and open to coercion.
I think the authorities know this but because she hasn't accepted help and support to remove him from her life, she's seen as problematic too and she is problematic because she's missing with a newborn with a man who has a history of violence.
But is she afraid and is she in control?

Reactions: 24
I just can’t imagine how she is feeling tbh. She seemingly gave birth without assistance, walked however far when the car caught fire and has travelled distances around the country while dealing with bleeding and after pains and leaky boobs and all the emotions that come along with birth/post birth hormones and who knows if she might have any birth injuries. Really concerning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
His mother saying he's a good boy 🤢 Love, he did 20 years in prison for breaking and entering hitting people with spades, and rape. That is not what any sane person would call "good boy" behaviour. Bet she never told him no as a child, and is in complete denial. 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 39
I just can’t imagine how she is feeling tbh. She seemingly gave birth without assistance, walked however far when the car caught fire and has travelled distances around the country while dealing with bleeding and after pains and leaky boobs and all the emotions that come along with birth/post birth hormones and who knows if she might have any birth injuries. Really concerning.
She must be exhausted. I can't imagine travelling about like that with a newborn. I really hope the baby is OK.
I do wonder how much will actually be made public once they are located. We may not ever find out what happens to them.

His mother saying he's a good boy 🤢 Love, he did 20 years in prison for breaking and entering hitting people with spades, and rape. That is not what any sane person would call "good boy" behaviour. Bet she never told him no as a child, and is in complete denial. 🤢🤢🤢
While the victim's children slept in the next room. Can you imagine defending behaviour like that 😳

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.