Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry missed a sentence there. And if social services know that drugs are involved, it may be the case that the baby will be withdrawing from them.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
That poor baby, I really hope it’s safe although it seems unlikely, To me it seems like there are drugs involved and that they live a very chaotic life, add in that he is a sex offender and she has given birth and not had any medical checks on herself or baby and you can see why there are huge concerns.

Reactions: 18
She has been estranged from her family and friends since 2016. We don’t know if there has been any DV or (suspected or actual) coercive control but maybe authorities do. Concealing a pregnancy and birth in, potentially, that situation is very concerning.

Reactions: 6
I guess she doesn’t have custody of her other children hence why police and social services are concerned for the baby.
Hope she does the right thing and goes to police, it must be hard but being on run with a newborn isn’t right and she must know that.

Reactions: 8
How on earth did they meet?
Who knows, drugs?
She seemed to have it all. Looks, talent (apparently), oodles of friends and squillions of money. Then she reduced herself to, what seems to be, a squalid and chaotic existence. Hope her former boy-rapist, kidnapper and batterer was worth it.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I guess her wealth has been mentioned because it means she has access to a lot of money to run.

It was said in an article that they had got a taxi from pretty much one side of the country to the other.

Reactions: 9
I guess her wealth has been mentioned because it means she has access to a lot of money to run.

It was said in an article that they had got a taxi from pretty much one side of the country to the other.
Yeah and I think mentioning that they are paying in cash is to maybe jog memories or make people look twice because it’s quite unusual to pay cash hotels and even in taxis now.

Reactions: 11
I don’t know if Mumsnet has inadvertently left something slip here, but the mods deleted a thread about this case with the following deletion message: “We've removed this thread as it contains speculation and incorrect assumptions which are in contempt of court. We do like to allow the debate to happen but would never want to prejudice a court case so we've deleted this thread.” Seems to be confirming what people suspected re:family court involvement, given the police haven’t indicated they are wanted for a crime at this stage.

Reactions: 15
I wonder if her family have been asked to cut off her supply of money? Or will her bank card still be active so her location can be pinpointed?

Reactions: 2
She's fucked it for herself if that's the case.
It'll be seen as neglect that she hasn't had the newborn checked over too.
Somebody is helping and hiding them though and there are any amount of individuals who think SS are the bogeymen. They could be anywhere.

There are firms of "lawyers" that purport to fight social services but actually just help families flee to Ireland, obviously for a fee. That could be what they're planning.

Obviously we don't have enough info to speculate but I feel like there must be an element of coercive control. What exactly is he bringing to the table?
Having your children removed must be so awful, why risk it happening again?
So often women are told you need to go to rehab or have a specific type of therapy, but they don't have the resources so they lose their kids. She obviously has the money.

It's a strange and very sad case.

Reactions: 15
There are firms of "lawyers" that purport to fight social services but actually just help families flee to Ireland, obviously for a fee. That could be what they're planning.

Obviously we don't have enough info to speculate but I feel like there must be an element of coercive control. What exactly is he bringing to the table?
Having your children removed must be so awful, why risk it happening again?
So often women are told you need to go to rehab or have a specific type of therapy, but they don't have the resources so they lose their kids. She obviously has the money.

It's a strange and very sad case.
They seem to be staying in hotels so not falling on the mercy of friends, if she has any left, and hopefully estranged family wouldn’t help.

Reactions: 7
From the Facebook posts it seems she wasn’t one to keep in touch with friends. So many comments on her photos saying they didn’t realise she’d had children or where could they see her etc.

From her dad's statement it reads that she met him and that's when it all started going wrong.

It appears that she is cash rich and using that to fund the disappearance.

I wonder if her family have been asked to cut off her supply of money? Or will her bank card still be active so her location can be pinpointed?
It sounds like she’s stockpiled cash. As soon as she tries to withdraw more the police will be alerted to their location

Kidnapped? Clutching. Although burning the vehicle was odd.
But also 20 years in prison and then deported to Britain, whats that about?

Reactions: 3
He’s a British citizen who moved to the US as a child, I think it’s fairly standard to deport after a prison sentence in many cases.

Reactions: 12
He was born in Britain and moved there when he was young. He must not be a US citizen so they deported him on release.

He’s a British citizen who moved to the US as a child, I think it’s fairly standard to deport after a prison sentence in many cases.
Yes it is. Weirdly enough I went to school with someone who went to the US to work and was jailed for sex offences there and he was deported back to the UK on release. They make sure they're punished and then wash their hands of them.

Burning the vehicle was very odd. Do we think it was accidental? I feel like it must have been as it was pretty conspicuous.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.