Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm beginning to think the big police involvement is because SS may have dropped the ball. They must have known she was expecting, the car was completely burnt out the pics released don't show a baby.
I think they did know she was pregnant, and they were going to remove the baby at birth (if they’ve had three kids taken into care there’s basically no way they would be allowed to keep any future babies). So they decided to run.

And in social services’ defence, I don’t think they could have predicted the chaotic things that ended up happening, or physically prevent them from doing a flit in the first place.

No sightings in nearly a fortnight so I think they must have succeeded in leaving the country.

Reactions: 16
I think they did know she was pregnant, and they were going to remove the baby at birth (if they’ve had three kids taken into care there’s basically no way they would be allowed to keep any future babies). So they decided to run.

And in social services’ defence, I don’t think they could have predicted the chaotic things that ended up happening, or physically prevent them from doing a flit in the first place.

No sightings in nearly a fortnight so I think they must have succeeded in leaving the country.
I thought that but how can you leave the country in 2023 without it being flagged? Babies need passports too and can only get them if they're registered

Reactions: 10
I thought that but how can you leave the country in 2023 without it being flagged? Babies need passports too and can only get them if they're registered
Hmm I hadn’t factored in a baby needing a passport (you can tell I haven’t been abroad in a very long time!). So more likely that they’re being sheltered by anti-SS groups from social media?

Reactions: 8
Don't think they've been seen since the 7th of January. Someone is definitely helping them.
Obviously that's why his history has been leaked, they've maybe told people a different story or spun it that he's reformed. Maybe hoping to unnerve whoever it is with the graphic nature of his crimes.

Reactions: 11
Maybe they had the engine running to keep them warm or something 🤔 surely burning the car draws attention to them.

Reactions: 4
Maybe they had the engine running to keep them warm or something 🤔 surely burning the car draws attention to them.
Possible, or maybe the car was so badly maintained and treated (they seem like chaotic people) that it went on fire.
It's very rare for a car to go on fire in normal circumstances.

Reactions: 6
It feels like there is still so much being kept from the public but I can understand if it's a safeguarding issue. It did anger me we weren't told of Gordon's past right away. The public were asked to help someone very dangerous...not on.

Reactions: 17
If they found the placenta, depending on the extent of fire damage of course, they’ll possibly know many things -

If the placenta is intact or some potentially retained, or if it was failing
Condition of the cord, any knots
What the cord was tied with and if it was cut cleanly

Those things would influence the level of worry for mum and baby.

I don’t know if placental tissue can be tested for drug levels too if that was a concern.

ETA they’ll also possibly be able to get a rough idea of maternal blood loss and whether there’s a concern of haemorrhage, though with the journey she’s done I really hope not

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I didn't know what a photo of a placenta looked like (I've never given birth), had to google it

Reactions: 2
They’re about the size of a dinner plate!

(I’ve given birth twice but actually never saw my own!)
For some reason I thought it was going to be a transparent blob filmy thing (maybe vague recollection of descriptions from biology at school), but it's all bloody and veiny looking on google images. Today's education.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
For some reason I thought it was going to be a transparent blob filmy thing (maybe vague recollection of descriptions from biology at school), but it's all bloody and veiny looking on google images. Today's education.
Yes they’re absolutely amazing (and gross!)

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Now imagine giving birth on your own, cutting and clamping the cord and delivering the placenta.
In a car.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Oh
Oh wow. Poor mom and poor baby. Social services must have been preparing to take baby at birth, I can't see why else they'd run like this.
There has to be a coercive control element. When you're wealthy you can fix most problems, so if she could leave him I'm sure she could keep her baby.
It's a fascinating story really. I think there's more to Gordon than is being let on. His crimes are beyond horrific but also from a long time ago when he was a juvenile. As much as we might want to protect all children from people like him there aren't the resources to remove children because of something that happened 30 years ago. There has to be more recent stuff.

After seeing photos of it tonight, I'm shocked that some people eat it.
It's quite something isn't it! Amazing that women grow them from nothing. But yes, absolutely not food.

Reactions: 23
Oh

Oh wow. Poor mom and poor baby. Social services must have been preparing to take baby at birth, I can't see why else they'd run like this.
There has to be a coercive control element. When you're wealthy you can fix most problems, so if she could leave him I'm sure she could keep her baby.
It's a fascinating story really. I think there's more to Gordon than is being let on. His crimes are beyond horrific but also from a long time ago when he was a juvenile. As much as we might want to protect all children from people like him there aren't the resources to remove children because of something that happened 30 years ago. There has to be more recent stuff.

It's quite something isn't it! Amazing that women grow them from nothing. But yes, absolutely not food.

I was wondering on this point actually, I know little about social services - if a registered sex offender has a baby - are children necessarily always removed? Does it depend on whether the sex offender's offence related to children, or not?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.