Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don't understand why she would kill her own baby if she was so desperate to keep her, she went on the run? Do you think the baby died from neglect? A medical condition? Or did s/he actually kill her? This is so so sad. RIP baby girl 🤍
Either way those were almost all avoidable situations. It’s neglect of the highest degree and please don’t blame mental health. So many people struggle so desperately and would never ever treat a child the way they have.

Reactions: 19
I still really think something happened as early as when they were in Liverpool, why go all the way there? If it was with the intent to escape to Ireland with the baby, something changed their minds? If the poor baby passed away in Liverpool then they wouldnt need to go to Ireland, they may have buried her in the woods and stayed close by, maybe to ensure she wasn’t found?
RIP beautiful little girl đź’”

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have started a new one but it's not linking?
Have you asked mods to close this thread as a new one has been created? Ive only ever created 1 thread before but I think you have to put #2 for them to link.

Edit - Ive just asked them to close this one

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Either way those were almost all avoidable situations. It’s neglect of the highest degree and please don’t blame mental health. So many people struggle so desperately and would never ever treat a child the way they have.

I haven't said anything about her mental health?

I have started a new one but it's not linking?
You need to ask mods to link the threads. Report your post in this one asking them to lock it and link the two x

ETA @2ofeach are you certain the gender of the baby has been confirmed? If not can you get your first post in the new thread edited too?

Reactions: 8
If she was an evil monster who didn't care if her baby died, then she could have dumped it after the birth. Other mothers have done the same, just look at the newborn babies that have been found in bins or just dumped somewhere with cords still attached. She obviously cared enough to keep them with her for the best part of 2 months. My money is on coercive control from partner, PTSD and trauma from giving birth unassisted in a car ffs, and being on the run, maybe being told repeatedly by said controlling partner that the baby would be taken from her if they went to a hospital. Disassociation as a result of trauma meaning she buried the baby when it died and may not even have fully processed what has happened. Might be keeping quiet on advice of a solicitor. Trauma and PTSD really fucks the brain up and it's very difficult for ordinary people like those of us on the thread to fully understand why someone behaves in that way, but that doesn't negate what may be at play here.

Just my 2 cents. Fully aware they might just be negligent shitbags.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.