Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you go to Facebook and search her name there's a comment on the first article which adds a lot more context to what may be going on. Taken with a pinch of salt because it's Facebook after all!

Reactions: 2
I saw it on Mumsnet, must be where they got it from. My initial impression was the same until I looked more closely at nose bridge, tip shape, eyebrows, asymmetric lip, flat cheekbones. Similar 'look' to the face, as in expression. Now I'm not sure.
You can see her Facebook account by using her surname and nickname as first name - I do think it’s her

I’m quite intrigued by this whole thing.

The Sky news article has put her partners age on which matches the Florida conviction for sex offending and kidnap for the man of the same name so it does all seem to match up.

It’s all very sad, I’ll never understand women who stay with men despite having their kids taken off them (which is my assumption as to what has happened here but obviously may be incorrect).

I hope mum and baby are well and all are found soon.

Reactions: 11
New story today with more details. Pretty much confirms Mark Gordon did live in Florida and 'returned in 2010". So maybe it is the same criminal in the mugshot from US. I didn't think they looked like same person tho.

So why did aristocrat new mum vanish with her baby and lover? # via https://android.com

The Sky news article has put her partners age on which matches the Florida conviction for sex offending and kidnap for the man of the same name so it does all seem to match up.

It’s all very sad, I’ll never understand women who stay with men despite having their kids taken off them (which is my assumption as to what has happened here but obviously may be incorrect).

Have you noticed there's been very, very little said about him in any of the articles to date?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
New story today with more details. Pretty much confirms Mark Gordon did live in Florida and 'returned in 2010". So maybe it is the same criminal in the mugshot from US. I didn't think they looked like same person tho.

So why did aristocrat new mum vanish with her baby and lover? # via https://android.com

Have you noticed there's been very, very little said about him in any of the articles to date?
Please could you post the original link. Shortened or hidden links aren't allowed btw.

Reactions: 2
Oh sorry I misunderstood lol.

Ok for the benefit of others. From the DM: "While Birmingham-born Mr Gordon grew up in Florida, he returned to the UK in 2010."

Has to be him. 😔 I thought they looked alike. You have to account for him being so close to the lens and study individual features and the relationship between them instead.
I can’t find nothing on Google about the crime except that link. No news reports either. America is usually very open and public with their courts.

Oh sorry I misunderstood lol.

Ok for the benefit of others. From the DM: "While Birmingham-born Mr Gordon grew up in Florida, he returned to the UK in 2010."

Has to be him. 😔 I thought they looked alike. You have to account for him being so close to the lens and study individual features and the relationship between them instead.
yes they look similar around the eyes / eyebrows. Same dates.
Unless this is the only journalism they could get the surname is spelt differently. Surely someone in America knows.

But would make sense why there were child protection / social services enquiries into them both, and he flagged as extradited to the UK with being on sex offenders / DV when checked…

He could’ve always of done his sentence here been released, gone to probation and disclosed his relationship with her, pregnancy and that’s how they got involved. Who knows.

she looks very loving towards her first baby.
there was a law introduced by Michael gove “at risk of emotional abuse” a few years ago usually given to parents and they don’t stand a chance with26 week statutory guideline. Anyone “vulnerable” like ex user, ex care leaver, ex DV victim is a target of this and doesn’t stand a chance if kids were removed before.

we don’t fully know the circumstances but it’s sad.

i honestly think that, if she had lost the first baby, which I suspect I think too and loosing her family says in DM article it would be easily done going back to that partner. Loosing a baby to adoption for some is likened to loosing that baby like a bereavement. Maybe she was unaware until it was too late disclosed by social and he was all he had left. If I’d lost the first I wouldn’t do anything to lose the second and cut ties but then some women to be fair are never given the chance again even with new partners etc. end up having subsequent babies adopted despite turning life around.

MH - her/their MH must be somewhat stable to a degree to be able to “run” from authorities and not get caught. The police are spending a lot of money and time on this in press releases and also checking every hotel in a town.

could the car setting on fire be a way of distracting the authorities I don’t know.

the photos released look very mugshot like people have said it’s the eyes they look glassy like they’ve had drink or something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Funny that people think she was a journalist. She was a freelance photographer, and she did an internship at Al Jazeera for a few months and no more. Her Linkedin is freely available.

The reality is that she's got a FB album with at least 2 different children in who are not with her at the moment. One of the pictures with a child looks like its in a contact centre. She follows 'Social Services Exposed' on FB. Her partner appears to be a registered sex offender, if he's the man in the Florida register.

I don't think it takes a genius....

Reactions: 34
Of note, her conspiracy theorist dad (chemtrails, thinks he can speak to whales and makes EDM to communicate with them...) has posted absolutely nothing about her disappearance.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Of note, her conspiracy theorist dad (chemtrails, thinks he can speak to whales and makes EDM to communicate with them...) has posted absolutely nothing about her disappearance.
This case is just totally weird from top to bottom.

Sounds like drugs are heavily based around the line about trashing a property and leaving thousands of pounds of damage.

All very sad.

Reactions: 11
This case is just totally weird from top to bottom.

Sounds like drugs are heavily based around the line about trashing a property and leaving thousands of pounds of damage.

All very sad.
Both brothers seem reasonably successful on the other hand. One had his wedding featured in Vogue, the other has a business that thrives on publicity stunts but is definitely still afloat.

Very weird family.

Media now reporting that he's a sex offender

Poor kids.

I wonder was she aware of his past crimes? Surely, if he had spent 20 years in jail before they met?

24 years for kidnap and sexual battery then deported back to the uk. Absolutely horrific. She must surely know if he’s the reason she lost custody of her previous child / children and the reason social services were monitoring this one (which is what it seems like)

Reactions: 13
Oh my goodness, no wonder the police are after them. I hope someone finds them, then. Surely she must know about his 20 years? Unless he’s spun a load of convincing lies?

Also, those mugshots must have been taken sometime before all this. In the red dress photo she looks well kept, in the mugshot she looks under the influence, I guess they were already known to police for other things?

I’m surprised they haven’t been found yet.

Also interesting that it took 2 weeks for the public to be advised of his prior sex offending when he’s out there somewhere, on the loose. So much for looking out for public safety :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Oh my goodness, no wonder the police are after them. I hope someone finds them, then. Surely she must know about his 20 years? Unless he’s spun a load of convincing lies?

Also, those mugshots must have been taken sometime before all this. In the red dress photo she looks well kept, in the mugshot she looks under the influence, I guess they were already known to police for other things?

I’m surprised they haven’t been found yet.

Also interesting that it took 2 weeks for the public to be advised of his prior sex offending when he’s out there somewhere, on the loose. So much for looking out for public safety :mad:
Why didn't the media go with this aspect of the story earlier even as it was being discussed online?
Maybe it needed verification for legal reasons and this took time?
Or maybe the police spoke to the media privately and asked them not to run this story at least until they had a chance at tracking them down quickly, as Constance and Mark might panic and harm the child? And perhaps now that its proving difficult to find them, the police have given the media a shove to report it, hoping it'll make people notice the story more?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.