Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has been announced that he is on the sexual offenders register, may be that is why the hunt

Reactions: 2
Why didn't the media go with this aspect of the story earlier even as it was being discussed online?
Maybe it needed verification for legal reasons and this took time?
Or maybe the police spoke to the media privately and asked them not to run this story at least until they had a chance at tracking them down quickly, as Constance and Mark might panic and harm the child? And perhaps now that its proving difficult to find them, the police have given the media a shove to report it, hoping it'll make people notice the story more?
I think they could be releasing this info in case it convinces people helping/harbouring them to turn them in.

Reactions: 10
Wonder if there's suspicion someone with kids is harbouring them, hence the release of this info now.

Reactions: 7
Well, considering its all out now, I'll post the pictures side by side again. I think papers should share his mugshot. I know he's younger but it's more realistic re angle.

CallImage.jpg
mgmg.jpg

Reactions: 4
This is such a heartbreaking case. I just wish we knew more because on the surface, I see a desperate mum who’s trying to keep her baby & being hunted like an animal by SS when she should be resting & enjoying her baby! On the other hand, it appears there was a previous child who she no longer has custody of (why?) those pictures that look like mugshots make me fearful she’s an addict & could be the cause. But regarding the children’s father, would this conviction mean he could never be a father simply because it’s a sex offence I.e even if deemed to be rehabilitated? Or do we think he’s done something since being back in the uk, or something to Constance & it’s not just about his past crimes? I just don’t understand how they could take her children away from her if it was only about his past!

Reactions: 8
This is so sad. I thought the fathers appeal was very honest, such a difficult situation. You'd wonder why she left it to the last minute to vanish but I'm guessing social services were involved even with no youngsters in the picture. I don't think she'll turn herself in.

Reactions: 5
I have a horrible horrible feeling on how this case will end. Also wanted to say on the pictures just posted, if you look at his lips on both pictures to the left hand side of the cupids bow I would say it’s without a doubt him.

Reactions: 6
This is such a heartbreaking case. I just wish we knew more because on the surface, I see a desperate mum who’s trying to keep her baby & being hunted like an animal by SS when she should be resting & enjoying her baby! On the other hand, it appears there was a previous child who she no longer has custody of (why?) those pictures that look like mugshots make me fearful she’s an addict & could be the cause. But regarding the children’s father, would this conviction mean he could never be a father simply because it’s a sex offence I.e even if deemed to be rehabilitated? Or do we think he’s done something since being back in the uk, or something to Constance & it’s not just about his past crimes? I just don’t understand how they could take her children away from her if it was only about his past!
People lose their children if a partner is viewed as dangerous, does happen. I've seen it happening with DV if they choose to remain living with them.
It's quite sad. Reading between the lines addiction seems likely or some other mental health problems.

Reactions: 11
It absolutely should be enough for social services involvement. I don't mean the baby should automatically be taken but a social worker should be appointed to look into the home etc.
I really don't buy the conspiracy theory take social workers take children for no reason (there isn't the funding even if they wanted to) so there must be more to this story.
Concealing a birth and running away is a regular flag imo.

Reactions: 22
Does anyone know what happened to her other children?
Do we know they are definitely her children and not nieces / nephews?

the standard have published a really interesting article about the whole thing here https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/...er-tatler-girl-constance-marten-b1053260.html

so she's not had any contact with friends or family in years. seems like it could be a case of abuse and coercive control to me, especially with his history. awful stuff
How sad and awful for everyone involved

• Sad
Reactions: 1
the standard have published a really interesting article about the whole thing here https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/...er-tatler-girl-constance-marten-b1053260.html

so she's not had any contact with friends or family in years. seems like it could be a case of abuse and coercive control to me, especially with his history. awful stuff
Thanks from that article you can see why the police are looking for her...
Looks like she had other children too.
She appears to be travelling with lots of money paying everything in cash but couldn’t pay rent previously and was evicted that seems odd too.
Hope they are found soon and baby ok

Reactions: 9
I think the fact they were evicted due to not paying rent despite having access to cash suggests mental health problems.
They disappeared initially right at the start of her pregnancy so I’d assume based on the fact she’s had other children removed that there was reason for social services to take the child from birth.

Reactions: 20
The reality is that she's got a FB album with at least 2 different children in who are not with her at the moment.
I think it’s three children. The photos in the album are annotated with what looks to be the initials of the children, and there’s three different sets of initials.

Reactions: 9
They both look like drug addicts to me.
I really hope that the baby is found safe soon.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.