Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m absolutely stunned at two more weeks of delays. This is far worse than Letby. The verdict is already on shaky ground being down to only 10 jurors and needing 9 for a majority. The legal submissions could even be the defence arguing about the delays, because whilst I don’t care for either of them, I imagine their legal teams will not be happy about the impact on the defendants waiting for a verdict. Unless the delays are due to one or both of them which can’t be reported (which would also be reasons for legal discussions). Hopefully all will become clear eventually but how frustrating.

Reactions: 33
Mr Munch recently did jury service . He was picked for a trial with 4 defendants lasting AT least 12 weeks they said . His company would only “top up “ his allowance from the court to his normal wage level . The issue is you claim the allowance at the end of the trial ! Therefore 3 months with no wages ! The judge excused him . He wanted to do it and asked the court could they give payment during trial every 4 weeks but they wouldn’t. This worries me as whole swathes of the population can NOT afford to attend jury service !
I only found out recently there is NO counselling afterwards and you are left to fend for yourself ! (I’m a therapist ) I have read that is changing.
I think both your points are massive issues.

There should be a better system for jury service, I’ve looked into it a little because I wanted to know how it would work for my situation(I home ed my kids) and the way it is currently seems quite outdated. I was left hoping I don’t get called until all of my kids are teens and don’t need childcare.

Reactions: 15
A question re jury service, are you off work the whole time or can you go back between all the stop/starts?

Reactions: 6
A question re jury service, are you off work the whole time or can you go back between all the stop/starts?
We were told that if we were required for less than 4 hours a day at court, then we were expected to go back to work that day. The same for any days when we were on a jury but we weren't required in for a certain day, we were told to go back to work.

Edit: if you're on jury service but haven't been selected for a case, you get sent home "on call" but are still expected to go back to work. Idk if it's different for other courts, but if we were on call we were emailed early evening time to let us know if we were required in the next day.

I was extremely lucky that my company paid me for the whole 2 weeks. All I had to show them was my summons letter, and they had all of my work covered, so I treated it like a 2 week holiday and absolutely did not go back in when I wasn't needed in court 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I think that depends on your employer / job and on what notice you get of breaks. If you’re told at 4pm not to be in court tomorrow, work may have had cover already planned. But if there’s a 2 week gap you’ll have to work as work are only bound to give you time off for when you’re actually sitting (I think)

Reactions: 8
Scotland, but still UK
I can't imagine how much that must destroy your life to spend so long on a trial. You can't chat about it the way you would a normal work day. You have limited conversation with your fellow jurors and spend so long focusing on the evidence.
The Jubilee Line Case in England lasted 21 months and ended with the jury being discharged and no verdict. Again how do you go back from that to normal life. Some people must lose jobs or businesses over it as well as the psychological impact.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
When will it end? Why so many delays? Why is it as clear as mud what’s going on?

• Haha
I think this maybe what the jury is struggling with, the trial has been all about her with him tagging behind. The jury are probably torn about how much he had to do with Victoria's care. I do wonder if he is really like this or if he's manipulative and CM is trying to protect him.

Reactions: 13
He’s a man, he’s not an aristo and he’s got a common name
He IS a convicted rapist though. You would expect him to be seen as the villain in all this..Corrupting and manipulating a vulnerable, naive aristo and controlling everything. Yet the opposite is true..He's seen as passive and the "underling"...mainly because he declined to take the stand. No wonder the headlines focus on Connie. She's hardly a shrinking violet.

Reactions: 17
His played a blinder in all of this, bagged himself a millionaire when his got convictions and a low paid job which most women would run from and then played on her trauma from what I’ve read.
Then when arrested been obstructive and non responsive, sat in the dock and continued the facade.
Whereas she’s let her loose jaw and sense of responsibility over him take over and dropped herself further and further into tit on some misguided crusade to protect him.
In her head maybe she sees it as well I’m white and from a privileged background with no convictions whereas his a man of colour with major convictions that could bias the jury whether they’d liked to admit it or not.
She’s not stupid but very naive, if she can’t see that his thrown her under the bus massively by his behaviour to this point which will land her with a hefty sentence (we hope) and him looking like the poor sidekick who followed her lead.

His a very clever man.

Reactions: 20
His played a blinder in all of this, bagged himself a millionaire when his got convictions and a low paid job which most women would run from and then played on her trauma from what I’ve read.
Then when arrested been obstructive and non responsive, sat in the dock and continued the facade.
Whereas she’s let her loose jaw and sense of responsibility over him take over and dropped herself further and further into tit on some misguided crusade to protect him.
In her head maybe she sees it as well I’m white and from a privileged background with no convictions whereas his a man of colour with major convictions that could bias the jury whether they’d liked to admit it or not.
She’s not stupid but very naive, if she can’t see that his thrown her under the bus massively by his behaviour to this point which will land her with a hefty sentence (we hope) and him looking like the poor sidekick who followed her lead.

His a very clever man.
I don’t know if he’s so clever, he’s just had 20 years in the American prison system to educate him on how to wheedle out of responsibility for his wrongdoings, blame everything and anything else and manipulate the system/situation. Sly maybe.
Rolling about on the floor at Police Interview, they’d have seen right through him but would have to play along, to a certain extent.
He gives me the judders. Even more so with his behaviour during this trial, which conversely wants me to throw the book at him even more.

Reactions: 19
He IS a convicted rapist though. You would expect him to be seen as the villain in all this..Corrupting and manipulating a vulnerable, naive aristo and controlling everything. Yet the opposite is true..He's seen as passive and the "underling"...mainly because he declined to take the stand. No wonder the headlines focus on Connie. She's hardly a shrinking violet.
A woman failing her own child will always be seen as a worse monster

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.