Conspiracy Theories #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, @panache I can't bear to watch RB he makes me feel ill I know what he is saying at the moment is true I just don't trust him that reminds me even that last video I found on him has been taken down.. it was on an apparently uncensored platform

Yesterday someone on another thread said that another country didn't have it so bad with lockdown, someone from that country came in and said they had it really bad worse than anywhere else, Yet every time those of us here said how bad that country was having it that same person came in and said don't believe everything we read on the internet as its nowhere as bad as we were being told. 🤔

Also, another one from the Anti thread thinks everything we post is fake news just because we are CT

Reminds me (also ties into my first point) of when my daughter was young. I had told her "The Sun" was a joke newspaper and it lied all the time. One day we see a headline "Earthquake (somewhere in England) " and she roared with laughter saying mum look at this an earthquake in England. I said ah that is true, she was puzzled until I said "they don't tell lies about everything they mix lies and truth that is why you don't discount something because of who said it or who printed it"

She was 9 at the time so it was excusable
I think this thread touches a nerve with some posters because deep down they know that half of the stuff that's been shared on here has come to fruition in real life. In fact the more truth in the so called conspiracies we've talked about, the more they defend. What's that saying, "it's much easier to fool someone than convince them they've been fooled".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I think a lot of people don't understand that just because you read a conspiracy theory doesn't mean you believe it. And just because you believe one, doesn't mean you believe them all.

The way I explain it to my husband is, it's like there are all these puzzle pieces that don't fit the jigsaw that we are told is the truth. Conspiracy theorists try to find the puzzle they do fit too. Sometimes what they come up with is mad - like the Mandela effect and flat earth. But sometimes it's extremely plausible like big pharma and government not having the health and wellbeing of their citizens as their main priority. And they can throw satanic peddelo rings at us all the want, but people at the top of society have been found to be abusing women and children in groups. Does that mean frazzeldrip is real, I don't know, but the accusations of frazzeldrip don't stop the abuse that does go on being real.

Some conspiracies I just like because it brings a bit of magic to the world, like inner earth, or ancients aliens. Do i believe them, probably not, but I like to think it could be real and I woulndt rule it out. My mind is open.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think a lot of people don't understand that just because you read a conspiracy theory doesn't mean you believe it. And just because you believe one, doesn't mean you believe them all.

The way I explain it to my husband is, it's like there are all these puzzle pieces that don't fit the jigsaw that we are told is the truth. Conspiracy theorists try to find the puzzle they do fit too. Sometimes what they come up with is mad - like the Mandela effect and flat earth. But sometimes it's extremely plausible like big pharma and government not having the health and wellbeing of their citizens as their main priority. And they can throw satanic peddelo rings at us all the want, but people at the top of society have been found to be abusing women and children in groups. Does that mean frazzeldrip is real, I don't know, but the accusations of frazzeldrip don't stop the abuse that does go on being real.

Some conspiracies I just like because it brings a bit of magic to the world, like inner earth, or ancients aliens. Do i believe them, probably not, but I like to think it could be real and I woulndt rule it out. My mind is open.
Do you remember when you were allowed to have an opinion about something without being labelled a "pro trumper", "anti vaxxer", or a "conspiracy theorist"? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Do you remember when you were allowed to have an opinion about something without being labelled a "pro trumper", "anti vaxxer", or a "conspiracy theorist"? 😂
You can add ‘into Qanon’ to that list :ROFLMAO:
Ngl I don’t even know what qanon is I just know people associate it with being ‘right wing’, wonder what they’ll come up with next!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You can add ‘into Qanon’ to that list :ROFLMAO:
Ngl I don’t even know what qanon is I just know people associate it with being ‘right wing’, wonder what they’ll come up with next!
I've never searched for it either and I personally don't like Trump.

I post the weekly yellow card data on the Vaccine thread.

Last week with menstrual disorders it was up at 50.060 reports for this week now it's showing at just 49k

1645191686547.png

This week:

1645191734068.png

Honestly think this is a much larger issue then they want us to believe now.

Where did those extra reports go?

Think there's also more then 5 million of us.

1645192964339.png

I also remember when it was a conspiracy theory that your bank accounts could be frozen.

1645193423965.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I thought this was an interesting article.

This is the person who first made the term conspiracy theory popular

Karl Popper https://g.co/kgs/VjYYT3

He's an interesting and very influential man, particularly in regards of the formation of a modern, more open society (so called)!
Social engineering given a sheen of liberal tolerance, imo, but hey what would I know?
Interesting fact, one of his former students is none other than George Soros.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I read Anne Frank's diary recently and wondered if there's any conspiracy theories there. I saw about people had questioned the authenticity but they seemed to have been debunked years ago. Also saw a post in another thread saying that some people don't even think she existed (which is quite an odd one). Is there like a 'main' conspiracy theory or anything. I kind of just like reading about all sorts of different ones. JFK, 9/11 etc

Reactions: 4
@Warpaint I'm sure there were other diaries found later and her father was found to have faked them. I don't know for sure but that is what my old brain remembers##

Edited to add this

Anyone seen this? duck sake!

Reactions: 2
I think this thread touches a nerve with some posters because deep down they know that half of the stuff that's been shared on here has come to fruition in real life. In fact the more truth in the so called conspiracies we've talked about, the more they defend. What's that saying, "it's much easier to fool someone than convince them they've been fooled".
Well they certainly can't stay away.
When I look at the titles of other threads, I think no that's not for me. I certainly don't read every post, laugh at them and go and call them names.
Must be hitting a nerve or two.
Personally I don't like being told what to believe. It's been proven time and time again that what was reported as fact was indeed a cover-up, not all the facts or out right lies, from showbiz scandals to war propaganda.
People who mock others for having a questioning mind only show themselves up.
Even before Trump was announced as President you had a whole army of "I hate Trump" parrots. How disrespectful, easily led and small-minded to judge a man BEFORE he took office. I mean let's judge on actions. Same as Obama lauded before taking office by the parrots. One turned out to be a useless warmonger. But still Trump is used as a way to insult people.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well they certainly can't stay away.
When I look at the titles of other threads, I think no that's not for me. I certainly don't read every post, laugh at them and go and call them names.
Must be hitting a nerve or two.
Personally I don't like being told what to believe. It's been proven time and time again that what was reported as fact was indeed a cover-up, not all the facts or out right lies, from showbiz scandals to war propaganda.
People who mock others for having a questioning mind only show themselves up.
Even before Trump was announced as President you had a whole army of "I hate Trump" parrots. How disrespectful, easily led and small-minded to judge a man BEFORE he took office. I mean let's judge on actions. Same as Obama lauded before taking office by the parrots. One turned out to be a useless warmonger. But still Trump is used as a way to insult people.
There are some "conspiracies" that I just can't understand how anyone can look at them and feel happy with what they have been told.

9/11 for one. How anyone can buy that for one minute I don't know. But then they say it's disrespectful to the people that died to question it. Why is wanting to know the truth of what happened disrespectful. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying it clearly was not what we were led to believe.

Reactions: 12
There are some "conspiracies" that I just can't understand how anyone can look at them and feel happy with what they have been told.

9/11 for one. How anyone can buy that for one minute I don't know. But then they say it's disrespectful to the people that died to question it. Why is wanting to know the truth of what happened disrespectful. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying it clearly was not what we were led to believe.
Those who shout the loudest about 911 are the very people who were there or lost someone. You will always be told you are disrespectful to question. I feel it's disrespectful to not look as deep as you can into anything where someone lost their life

Reactions: 14

There’s a family from Oxfordshire that have requested a new inquest into their relative’s death, they believe that the towers were brought down by explosions, not the planes!

Reactions: 10
@Warpaint I'm sure there were other diaries found later and her father was found to have faked them. I don't know for sure but that is what my old brain remembers##

Edited to add this

Anyone seen this? duck sake!

Oh I think he didn't release all of it first as he didn't feel some of it would be appropriate. Then when he died a 'definitive edition' was released containing all of it. I think she also went back and re-wrote a lot of it herself as she'd planned to release it anyway

Reactions: 3
With Anne's diary there was a version A, B + C.

First one was the original just for her.
Second she started editing by herself after she heard a broadcast asking for documents like diaries to be kept for after the war.
C what her father published. Taking out unflattering things.

All three versions have been published in The Critical Edition. Hard to find though :

Amazon product

There's also another published booked by her called Tales from the Annex. The short stories that she wrote.

Main criticisms that I've heard is that the writing is too good for a child. That she wrote about the grocer bringing in huge sacks of potatoes. The fact that they used rags to cover the windows which went unnoticed. They were too kept up to dates with events.

DITLIEB FELDERER take on the diary:

"Another, matter which strikes a reader is that the diary is not the type of story one would want one's own child to write. It is not a KIND story. It is not the sign of a healthy child. Indeed it leaves the air of being a product of someone who tries to invent a child's mind but is unable to do so, sprinkling it with "sexy" portions to sell the story. We need not here go into the various stories circulating that those portions which were left out concerned advanced sex. We find it difficult to believe that this girl, living in such "cramped quarters" ever was involved with these things. We cannot make out why a girl living under these circumstances would be preoccupied with all these "love affairs" at such tender age. In today's promiscuous society it may be an ordinary thing but not during the war. It simply does not make sense to us. "

I know that as a 13/14 year I did talk about sex.

2. "It seems rather strange that she should have so few entries at the very time she so enthusiastically sets out to write a diary. One would expect she should have made an entry for almost every day. Seeing we are constantly reminded of "the young talented authoress" and about all her many ambitions to write and to become a great writer we certainly wonder why this "talented" girl made so few entries. It doesn't make sense. "

I have kept multiple diaries. I sometimes want to write, but I don't always have the words. It takes time to get to it and it can be hard to keep up writing everyday.

3. We were not at Amsterdam in those days to know if the moon AT ALL WAS VISIBLE; nevertheless, the passage that "the moon gave far too much light" seems rather odd. :cautious:

4. That a child, and a girl at that, should go so far as to call her own father by a nickname would be worse than an insult to the father.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
With Anne's diary there was a version A, B + C.

First one was the original just for her.
Second she started editing by herself after she heard a broadcast asking for documents like diaries to be kept for after the war.
C what her father published. Taking out unflattering things.

All three versions have been published in The Critical Edition. Hard to find though :

Amazon product

There's also another published booked by her called Tales from the Annex. The short stories that she wrote.

Main criticisms that I've heard is that the writing is too good for a child. That she wrote about the grocer bringing in huge sacks of potatoes. The fact that they used rags to cover the windows which went unnoticed. They were too kept up to dates with events.

DITLIEB FELDERER take on the diary:

"Another, matter which strikes a reader is that the diary is not the type of story one would want one's own child to write. It is not a KIND story. It is not the sign of a healthy child. Indeed it leaves the air of being a product of someone who tries to invent a child's mind but is unable to do so, sprinkling it with "sexy" portions to sell the story. We need not here go into the various stories circulating that those portions which were left out concerned advanced sex. We find it difficult to believe that this girl, living in such "cramped quarters" ever was involved with these things. We cannot make out why a girl living under these circumstances would be preoccupied with all these "love affairs" at such tender age. In today's promiscuous society it may be an ordinary thing but not during the war. It simply does not make sense to us. "

I know that as a 13/14 year I did talk about sex.

2. "It seems rather strange that she should have so few entries at the very time she so enthusiastically sets out to write a diary. One would expect she should have made an entry for almost every day. Seeing we are constantly reminded of "the young talented authoress" and about all her many ambitions to write and to become a great writer we certainly wonder why this "talented" girl made so few entries. It doesn't make sense. "

I have kept multiple diaries. I sometimes want to write, but I don't always have the words. It takes time to get to it and it can be hard to keep up writing everyday.

3. We were not at Amsterdam in those days to know if the moon AT ALL WAS VISIBLE; nevertheless, the passage that "the moon gave far too much light" seems rather odd. :cautious:

4. That a child, and a girl at that, should go so far as to call her own father by a nickname would be worse than an insult to the father.
Seems a bit of a stuffy take on it all. I definitely wouldn't be putting much credit to that analysis

Reactions: 6
Think this have been posted a while ago but I’m posting it again for anyone that hasn’t read it before
Matt Hancock in 2017 - if you don’t like change, I’m afraid I don’t have so much good news.

A1BAE889-CAB7-48C5-96A9-1D42C7850858.jpeg

Gov plans for fourth industrial revolution ‘the new normal’

Reactions: 9
Seems a bit of a stuffy take on it all. I definitely wouldn't be putting much credit to that analysis
Yes. not all families are the same. I called my dad by his nickname All teens think about sex and love., I've not looked into Anne etc as my interests go a different way.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.