Connie Simmonds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Connie is just a massive drama queen. I never known anyone to harp on so much about a lost toy or a child that’s teething. I remember as a child, my little sister when she was Macie’s age, dropped her teddy bear in a park. My dad walked round the park to look for it, couldn’t find it and went and bought her a similar one. She didn’t even realise until we told her years later and thought she’d had the same one all along!

Reactions: 2
I don’t know what she expects the drs to do? If it’s not teething it’s at worst case something viral and they can’t do anything for that anyway! She’s making a huge deal of something so minor , she’s lucky she can just ‘take a day away from her phone’ And not have to organise childcare last minute Bcos the nursery won’t take them, or take a last minute days annual leave

Reactions: 5
I don’t know what she expects the drs to do? If it’s not teething it’s at worst case something viral and they can’t do anything for that anyway! She’s making a huge deal of something so minor , she’s lucky she can just ‘take a day away from her phone’ And not have to organise childcare last minute Bcos the nursery won’t take them, or take a last minute days annual leave
spot on. Connie‘s woe is me act is tiring. She can just lie on the couch all day whereas other parents have to deal with teething and then get off to work in the morning. She really irritates me. Also losing the comforter thing, not great. But to go on about how guilty she feels, it’s ridiculous. what kind of resilience does that show? Macie is so young im sure she will get over the comforter if she bought a similar one.

Reactions: 3
I wouldn’t mind but Connie is sat there saying “Bun bun” and Macie isn’t even flinching, surely if she was that obsessed she’d be responding to Connie saying “Bun Bun” but she’s got what she wants now, 2 free ones sent by other Mums in the post. As for taking the baby to the doctors for teething 🙄 I feel like she lacks that maternal instinct 🤔

Surely her mum (nanny, cleaner) Is helping out here.

I see Brads current gf is not posting, clearly hawking around the place.

Reactions: 1
Surely her mum (nanny, cleaner) Is helping out here.

I see Brads current gf is not posting, clearly hawking around the place.
yep I bet she’s out and about spreading her germs everywhere.

brad posted some stuff about US politics... bloody ridiculous! Can’t wait for Connie’s hot take next haha

• Haha
Looks like the Simmonds family want to expand out their influencing careers to politics and in Connies case, professional moaning

He’s obviously had messaged telling him to stay in his lane 😂
Having heard him speak at a health and fitness show thing all I can say is he’s very easy on the eye but not very...eloquent

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nothing compares to the sacrifice of a mother?? What on earth is she on about?
It’s absolutely ridiculous! Macie isn’t ill, she is teething! Connie should think herself lucky that she doesn’t have a full time job and a house of her own to sort out everyday!! Motherhood shouldn’t be viewed as a sacrifice- there are millions of women who are unable to have children and I can’t imagine the unbearable sadness for them especially when people don’t care for their children or complain about them. Motherhood is a blessing and yes it can be hard but should never be labelled as a sacrifice or chore!

Reactions: 5
It’s absolutely ridiculous! Macie isn’t ill, she is teething! Connie should think herself lucky that she doesn’t have a full time job and a house of her own to sort out everyday!! Motherhood shouldn’t be viewed as a sacrifice- there are millions of women who are unable to have children and I can’t imagine the unbearable sadness for them especially when people don’t care for their children or complain about them. Motherhood is a blessing and yes it can be hard but should never be labelled as a sacrifice or chore!
totally agree and you have summed this up so nicely. I think Connie is struggling with identity and confidence since having Macie and therefore she thinks she has made a sacrifice... but that is not everyone’s experience and not how having children should be seen.
Will be nice for Macie to grow up and read that her mother thinks she made a sacrifice to have her 🤔
that’s certainty not how my mum makes me feel and she probably made tougher choices than Connie has ever had to (I.e having to work part time in the evening so she could care for me and my sister in the day when my dad was at work)

totally agree and you have summed this up so nicely. I think Connie is struggling with identity and confidence since having Macie and therefore she thinks she has made a sacrifice... but that is not everyone’s experience and not how having children should be seen.
Will be nice for Macie to grow up and read that her mother thinks she made a sacrifice to have her 🤔
that’s certainty not how my mum makes me feel and she probably made tougher choices than Connie has ever had to (I.e having to work part time in the evening so she could care for me and my sister in the day when my dad was at work)
In my opinion, it’s akin to telling a child that they were an accident or unwanted. It makes me sad because I know of so many parents who have no social life, little money and take jobs that they are overqualified for all in order to provide for their children. I’ve never once heard it called a sacrifice- it’s what you do to care for your children and everyone I know sees their child as a gift to be cherished. Connie wouldn’t last 5 minutes if she had to work full time and care for children.

In my opinion, it’s akin to telling a child that they were an accident or unwanted. It makes me sad because I know of so many parents who have no social life, little money and take jobs that they are overqualified for all in order to provide for their children. I’ve never once heard it called a sacrifice- it’s what you do to care for your children and everyone I know sees their child as a gift to be cherished. Connie wouldn’t last 5 minutes if she had to work full time and care for children.
100%. I can understand people saying I made a sacrifice to my career or something when referring to having kids but not motherhood itself being a sacrifice. I agree it sounds like you didn’t want the child. She wants to come over as some authority or guru on motherhood but she hasn’t got a clue or any experience nor has she had to make tough choices in reality compared to a lot of people. She would benefit with logging off the internet for a long while.

Reactions: 1
100%. I can understand people saying I made a sacrifice to my career or something when referring to having kids but not motherhood itself being a sacrifice. I agree it sounds like you didn’t want the child. She wants to come over as some authority or guru on motherhood but she hasn’t got a clue or any experience nor has she had to make tough choices in reality compared to a lot of people. She would benefit with logging off the internet for a long while.
Totally agree. I think she needs to spend time around the rest of us to see how difficult life can really be. I take my hat off to people who work full time whilst juggling a load of kids and don’t complain because it must be so hard for them not to mention the cost of food, clothing, toys and childcare etc! On a side note, I clocked the story about the return of Bun Bun- as predicted, Macie didn’t even know the difference and seemed perfectly fine beforehand!

Story prediction 2 years time. “So the dentist #ad said Macie needs a filling, I just can’t understand it”

New bun bun - Macie didn’t care.

always letting her watch tv or eat ice lollies to ‘keep her happy’ is Connie even the parent?

Story prediction 2 years time. “So the dentist #ad said Macie needs a filling, I just can’t understand it”
Or my child has a weight problem, am sure letting her have two massive ice lollies each time had nothing to do with it.....she’s almost setting her up for a life of instagram content and motivational quotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.