Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I can only reccomend [sic] a company I get food [sic] service from”. Oh the irony 🤣

Your rights? You have no rights to get a reduction just because something has gone into the sale AFTER you have bought it, erected it and used it. You agreed to buy it at the price it was advertised at. Presumably there was no prior correspondence to the sale saying that the company would give a reduction after the sale of the price was reduced. It could have been returned and then repurchased but it’s been put up now

The company does have a right not to be defamed on social media - so I would be quite careful about staying that I had not received “good service” from a company who had supplied a product to me at a price that I had agreed as it is pretty easy to work out whom it was bought from.

I really do hope that previous punters at the holiday home get in touch and demand a discount whilst threatening (because, let's be honest, that's what it is) to tell a huge number of people that they received “poor customer service” when Katy just complied with the contract they willingly entered into. Given that her husband works in dentistry and will live in fear of vexatious complaints like every other dentists in the UK, I just hope he doesn’t meet a patient like this because karma is a real witch.

This is all totally disgusting to be honest - she has clearly been moping around for days about not getting a freebie holiday and has spent more than the money it would have cost going to center parks on a huge paddling pool, horrible clothes, a blow dry and a whole lot of unnecessary accessories for an ooni pizza oven. I have one and there is no way you need that industrial pizza topping thing. A really unpleasant person who will no doubt get this wholly undeserved discount but appears blissfully ignorant of how this all appears as it is played out on stories.

She probably would have got the discount if she had posted it saying here is the company, they were amazing and now the pool is reduced by £300. I’m so pleased for my followers and hope it makes it more affordable for you all. I am sure the company would have been delighted. Instead, two take aways:

1. Hi, my lovely followers. You are the bed rock of my business but I am not willing to help you and your children out by sharing a link to a pool that you have politely requested as I demand a unwarranted discount and am currently holding the company to ransom. My need for a £300 discount is much more important than giving back to all of you who support me. Oh by the way, have I mentioned my £6k a week holiday home you should all be booking?!

2. Hi, any other brands/companies that want to work with me. I will agree terms and conditions with you. When you comply with these, I will unilaterally change them and then publicly accuse you of poor customer service on my huge Instagram platform before you have even had a chance to respond to my correspondence. I am not interested in supporting or building your brand or any type of ongoing relationship but only on what I can get for myself for free - whether fairly or not - and will attempt to cause you immediate public relations issues if you don’t comply with my unreasonable demands.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Well said. I think she is a complete cow for asking for a discount. She could obviously afford it at the price she bought it or she wouldn't have bought iI in the first place. So suck it up princess.

Reactions: 14
She’s come across absolutely vile the past few days. Obviously a company doesn’t have to refund her the difference and she’s being petty asking for it.
Not to mention her sulking that she’s not off on holiday. What about people who won’t be going away and don’t have a holiday home or a huge house with a massive garden. Get a bleeping grip. If they hadn’t been so greedy and stayed in their original massive house I’m sure there would have been plenty of money for a holiday. 🙄

Reactions: 11
The one time she’s actually had to put her hand in her pocket and buy something and she’s lamenting about the cost. She’s become delusional since a vast majority of her food/ belongings / holidays are free or hugely discounted. Welcome to the real world!!!!

Reactions: 12
Can’t believe I used to like her so much. This carry on with the pool is unbelievable! By all means send a cheeky email to the company and see if they might kindly honor the discount as a gesture of goodwill (don’t ask don’t get and all that)… but it’s the entitlement and expectation from her that I can’t stand.

Reactions: 9
I’m baffled. Yeah we all get a bit pissed off when we pay full price for something and then see it reduced shortly after but that’s the nature of BUYING THINGS??! You don’t get to throw your toys out of the pram and expect money back. Tough luck love.

As someone else said - don’t buy things if you can’t really afford them. And if you can, then don’t whinge about a small reduction in price later. Move on. Seems to me money is tighter than she lets on. Otherwise why the furore.

Reactions: 5
It’a almost like she’s blackmailing them. Give me a discount or I’ll tit over your business.

Reactions: 10
The wide-eyed, faux innocent, ‘are the people DMing me to tell me what a cheeky moo I am, being rude or positive’ stuff is gagtastic too. They are pointing out that you wouldn’t be emailing the company to pay extra if the price went up a few days later and it’s the same principle. Those people are absolutely right and suggesting that they are somehow picking a fight with her for saying it, is another example of how out of touch and egotistical she is. Fishing for sympathy and ego strokes from the other freeloading huns who get the vapours anytime they have to put their hands in their pockets. Kindly duck off.

Reactions: 14
The wide-eyed, faux innocent, ‘are the people DMing me to tell me what a cheeky moo I am, being rude or positive’ stuff is gagtastic too. They are pointing out that you wouldn’t be emailing the company to pay extra if the price went up a few days later and it’s the same principle. Those people are absolutely right and suggesting that they are somehow picking a fight with her for saying it, is another example of how out of touch and egotistical she is. Fishing for sympathy and ego strokes from the other freeloading huns who get the vapours anytime they have to put their hands in their pockets. Kindly duck off.
This is the problem with a lot of instagrammers, if you don’t agree with them you’re being mean and are trolling them in their opinion and it seems they are always right- they’re not!!

I am seriously embarrassed for her - I just hope she never gets into a tangle with her professional regulator as insight and listening and acting on feedback is critical with regards to proving that you are a safe practitioner and this one ain’t got any of those skills!

As for being “spoiled” by nearly exclusively shopping at John Lewis?! 🙄. Well, buy all your stuff there and problem solved. Simples!

It’a almost like she’s blackmailing them. Give me a discount or I’ll tit over your business.
There’s no almost about it. It is quite obvious. Very unbecoming and unprofessional behaviour.

Reactions: 9
Had to rejoin Tattle after a hiatus just to post to say what an entitled arse she sounds. Disturbing to see her son playing up for the cameras too - time to dial down the phone use when you see your kids gawping at themselves on your screen for likes.

How many days use will she get out of that massive pool in Leeds? More money than sense. Very funny.

Hope the people who booked the property already come back and ask for the 25% off. Oh, there aren’t any 😆😆😆

Reactions: 7
I am totally flabbergasted by her approach to this pool thing. First of all, John Lewis are ending their price match promise - presumably because it’s no longer viable in such a competitive market.

Also, I don’t think refunding a customer £300 because the item they bought was discounted after they bought it is anything to do with customer service - if every company did this as part of some kind of ‘good customer service’ offering they’d be out of business?! Like, it’s just not a thing!

And finally, how ironic that the company’s response is to try utilise her massive social following to get something out of this situation. She has ‘politely declined’ their offer of £150 back if she shares a positive review, but I’m betting that she mentioned her massive social following when trying to get the refund in the first place - fine for you to leverage your followers for your own gain, but not fine if a company tries to gain something too, is it?!

What a complete embarrassment.

Reactions: 20
I am totally flabbergasted by her approach to this pool thing. First of all, John Lewis are ending their price match promise - presumably because it’s no longer viable in such a competitive market.

Also, I don’t think refunding a customer £300 because the item they bought was discounted after they bought it is anything to do with customer service - if every company did this as part of some kind of ‘good customer service’ offering they’d be out of business?! Like, it’s just not a thing!

And finally, how ironic that the company’s response is to try utilise her massive social following to get something out of this situation. She has ‘politely declined’ their offer of £150 back if she shares a positive review, but I’m betting that she mentioned her massive social following when trying to get the refund in the first place - fine for you to leverage your followers for your own gain, but not fine if a company tries to gain something too, is it?!

What a complete embarrassment.
I do hope the company feigned surprised and asked if she was being “eggy” when she declined. 🤣.

What an absolute weapon

• Haha
She’s unbelievable. The entitlement is off the scale. One rule for her, another for everyone else.

Reactions: 7
She’s unbelievable. The entitlement is off the scale. One rule for her, another for everyone else.
If I was her husband, I would be really quite concerned. She seems to have kind of lost touch with reality. Have we ever had an explanation as to exactly why they cannot go to their very own holiday home for the holidays instead of begging for holidays on insta and then clearly going into a massive huff when one wasn't kindly gifted and slumping about the house and lashing about passive aggressively? We are in peak MOD territory here and we all know how that ended 🙈

• Haha
The pool is an ugly big white elephant and Katie knows it. With trees all around, it will be a non stop job of scooping leaves out and rebalancing the water. Plus, it’s unfenced and very unsafe.

Shame Katie didn’t have time to beg for an inground pool, along with an outdoor kitchen for Devon.

Pray for Katie.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The pool is an ugly big white elephant and Katie knows it. With trees all around, it will be a non stop job of scooping leaves out and rebalancing the water. Plus, it’s unfenced and very unsafe.

Shame Katie didn’t have time to beg for an inground pool, along with an outdoor kitchen for Devon.

Pray for Katie.
We have a pool smaller than that that my HUSBAND bought. Totally agree. We have a very similar garden and there were leaves in it all the flipping time - even with the bastard cover on. Plus had to supervise very carefully which was ok at the weekends but a bit it a pain when just me. Husband not overly bothered about that as yours truly usually has task of supervising/cleaning as he works more days. It then knackered the patch of grass it was on and husband was very bothered 😂. Ours was smaller than that one so that will be a total pain in the ass!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.