Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Looboo

Chatty Member
Genuine question - when she says ‘the hotel is shortsighted for not prioritising families’ - why?? Am I just selfish because I don’t have kids so I don’t get it? Surely the hotel shouldn’t have to prioritise any guests (apart from when there’s a situation where people are paying for different levels of room/service/etc). And of course there will always be genuine and important reasons why people need certain rooms such as disabilities.

I feel like what she really means here is ‘the hotel should prioritise ME because I am more important than everyone).

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Waffledoggy

Urgh. I just don’t get it. WHY do luxury brands send so many freebies to people who are already loaded. I get it’s so they get an advert out of it, but it’s really sickening. Seeing that she’s had gifts from Bloom and Blossom, l’Occitaine, Elemis, This Works, Neom… I really couldn’t live with myself if I was her. I’d be so embarrassed to admit I was accepting all these freebies when I could blatantly afford them myself. Especially when there are those in the country with so little. Taking the new gifted pillows straight down to her second home - I mean really?! How does that sound? How about saying thanks very much, they’re lovely but I don’t really need these, so I’ll be taking them down to the local woman’s refuge/homeless shelter in the morning, along with some of these gorgeous toiletries I’ve been donated. This industry is disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
The irony of this all is outstanding.

The last few months alone she has:
Bought a swimming pool
Been to Devon for weeks on end
Been to the Maldives
Been to Morocco
Mini break in the lakes
Skiing
Gifted restaurant meals at Harvey Nics and the Ivy
Free luxury food
Free luxury beauty products.

And yet she’s still complaining.

What on earth would it take for her to show some gratitude?

• Wow
Reactions: 24

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Apparently they aren’t going to Center Parcs for half term because it is “crazy money” for a few days.

The irony

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I am totally flabbergasted by her approach to this pool thing. First of all, John Lewis are ending their price match promise - presumably because it’s no longer viable in such a competitive market.

Also, I don’t think refunding a customer £300 because the item they bought was discounted after they bought it is anything to do with customer service - if every company did this as part of some kind of ‘good customer service’ offering they’d be out of business?! Like, it’s just not a thing!

And finally, how ironic that the company’s response is to try utilise her massive social following to get something out of this situation. She has ‘politely declined’ their offer of £150 back if she shares a positive review, but I’m betting that she mentioned her massive social following when trying to get the refund in the first place - fine for you to leverage your followers for your own gain, but not fine if a company tries to gain something too, is it?!

What a complete embarrassment.

Reactions: 20
“I can only reccomend [sic] a company I get food [sic] service from”. Oh the irony 🤣

Your rights? You have no rights to get a reduction just because something has gone into the sale AFTER you have bought it, erected it and used it. You agreed to buy it at the price it was advertised at. Presumably there was no prior correspondence to the sale saying that the company would give a reduction after the sale of the price was reduced. It could have been returned and then repurchased but it’s been put up now

The company does have a right not to be defamed on social media - so I would be quite careful about staying that I had not received “good service” from a company who had supplied a product to me at a price that I had agreed as it is pretty easy to work out whom it was bought from.

I really do hope that previous punters at the holiday home get in touch and demand a discount whilst threatening (because, let's be honest, that's what it is) to tell a huge number of people that they received “poor customer service” when Katy just complied with the contract they willingly entered into. Given that her husband works in dentistry and will live in fear of vexatious complaints like every other dentists in the UK, I just hope he doesn’t meet a patient like this because karma is a real bitch.

This is all totally disgusting to be honest - she has clearly been moping around for days about not getting a freebie holiday and has spent more than the money it would have cost going to center parks on a huge paddling pool, horrible clothes, a blow dry and a whole lot of unnecessary accessories for an ooni pizza oven. I have one and there is no way you need that industrial pizza topping thing. A really unpleasant person who will no doubt get this wholly undeserved discount but appears blissfully ignorant of how this all appears as it is played out on stories.

She probably would have got the discount if she had posted it saying here is the company, they were amazing and now the pool is reduced by £300. I’m so pleased for my followers and hope it makes it more affordable for you all. I am sure the company would have been delighted. Instead, two take aways:

1. Hi, my lovely followers. You are the bed rock of my business but I am not willing to help you and your children out by sharing a link to a pool that you have politely requested as I demand a unwarranted discount and am currently holding the company to ransom. My need for a £300 discount is much more important than giving back to all of you who support me. Oh by the way, have I mentioned my £6k a week holiday home you should all be booking?!

2. Hi, any other brands/companies that want to work with me. I will agree terms and conditions with you. When you comply with these, I will unilaterally change them and then publicly accuse you of poor customer service on my huge Instagram platform before you have even had a chance to respond to my correspondence. I am not interested in supporting or building your brand or any type of ongoing relationship but only on what I can get for myself for free - whether fairly or not - and will attempt to cause you immediate public relations issues if you don’t comply with my unreasonable demands.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

tagliatelle

There’s something really gross about a rich white woman hoovering up yellow stickers from Waitrose and bragging about it on her Instagram when she already has a partnership with John Lewis.

Reactions: 18

Looboo

Chatty Member
Imagine being in a position to spend £1.35m on a mansion and then spend an additional fortune on completely renovating it (plus receive many thousands of pounds worth of freebies along the way), whilst also in the process of finishing another renovation on another home you own which cost an absolute fortune too.

Then imagine being in this position during one of the worst financial crises this country has seen in a long time, and complaining to your 244k Instagram followers that you’re having to use an old hob to cook on whilst the renovations take place.

• Heart

Sunnybee

Anyone else think the Matalan trip look like a definition of Hell On Earth? Screechy, gin-soaked, middle class white mamas, prancing about in what actually looks like a very uncomfortable house, waiting for 'The Help' to serve their gluttonous needs. These women wouldn't do anything for anyone outside their own tug circle unless they got paid for it.
The covid break from these PR events was so refreshing. They really are awful.

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
Bit petty of me but I’m glad they can’t move them! 🫣
Life isn’t fair, it will be good for her to have one crumb of hardship on her lovely holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Pivot

VIP Member
The people giving her sympathy like she has just announced she is being made homeless 😠🤦‍♀️ Ffs. She lives in an 8 bedroom mansion, has a lifestyle most people could never have with holidays left right and centre and god knows how many freebies. Owns a holiday home. And most importantly has her health and her family around her. She has no need for anyone's sympathy. At all.

• Heart

lagoonlia

Is the last IG post a sympathy cry- awake at 4am worrying. Quite possibly releasing that the gravy train of free shit doesn’t include a free rewiring/ free kitchen/ free extension/ redecorating.
Pop in your neom candles and slap on your QVC creams and release your privilege Katie - you are just over 48 hours back from one of the most luxurious places on earth which you got for a fraction compared to most people.

• Haha

lagoonlia

Imagine having the audacity to cry poverty on IG saying they can’t afford the renovations they want on Castle Greyskull…then in the next breathe announce a birthday trip to Ibiza and show off a gazillion free boxes of skincare. The woman seriously needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and realize her privilege.

• Heart

wodemaya

Two draws unsuccessful until a home renovation account with 22k followers was pulled 🧐

• Wow
  • Haha
unfollowed finally.

that response to the Q+A is just the most ungracious thing i've ever read. what a horrible use of social media! She could have said ANYTHING and instead of taking responsibility for any of it, she blamed her audience.

The point is people aren't all in "control" - people are struggling financially/ mentally /health wise all over the country & she's beyond privileged to have the brain space to monitor her insta and not be triggered by what people do on there. Other people are just looking at it while they're on a bus, or waiting for a train, they want it to be the light relief to their stressful day - not full of smug bragging blind wealth. It's totally crass.
And to end it on "kindness" - a very high and mighty response to a very VERY fair point. She must be in such an insta bubble to think thats acceptable. What kindness is she showing really?

For context - I work in london in advertising with major homewares clients amongst others. A huge part of my job is deciding influencers to work with, and making sure work suits the audience. I find that response, with so little respect and feeling for the national mood, quite grim. Any decent brand would avoid working with someone so blinkered.

(As a side note - I'm also in no way envious of a fast-homeware filled home. I just couldn't deal with the climate guilt of owning so much trendy pointless stuff that doesn't quiiiite go cos you didn't really chose it...)

• Heart
Jesus Christ. I have three kids and we had a similar situation with being in two rooms until we were put in a family room. It was not a big deal and our children were a lot younger. In fact, it was quite handy as one room was very close to the pool. Can’t imagine wasting even 5 seconds of a holiday posting about this on social media. And feeling “sad”?! Get a grip and save your sorrow for the literally millions of people who who will have to chose between heating and eating this year. Read the room. I bet the nurses at the practice fucking hate this pair - probably generously handing them a 2p per hour cost of living increase before swanning off abroad and then moaning about the room allocations.

And a story of what looks like an exhausted Mizzle knits person driving them to to the airport - for free! - is not a good look either. I wonder if they offered to contribute any money for fuel given that she is clearly not in the same socio economic bracket and they can clearly afford a taxi?! why would you even bother your friend to do this? You know she has her own family to look after with its own specific issues and challenges so anyone with any decency would politely decline any offer to drive them and pay for the taxi they can well afford. Just a gross, grabby person

Reactions: 16

Libertine

VIP Member
complaining about her million pound house is so distasteful.
She’s also going down the Cara Suthers/Anna Eleni Hart/Emma Hill poor taste path of publicly shaming the previous owners.

Stop it, you awful women, instashaming elderly, unwell and disabled people. It shows a complete lack of class and manners.

Waffledoggy

Urgh. The woman with 2 houses worth >£1million, flaunting her free food from Waitrose. How could you honestly live with yourself knowing that you have more than enough money and food to feed your family, knowing how many other mothers in the country are struggling to feed their children. The time it’s taken to set up all that food, wiggle it about, film it… it will be off, and I imagine will go straight in the bin. It’s just disgusting.

• Angry