Comedowntothewoods #3 mostly moaning and free stuff’

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she at the blue house for Easter weekend? The people I know who have holiday lets never ever visit themselves or let their mates use the house on bank holidays or school holidays. Surely these are peak times to let it out and make some cash?

Reactions: 8
The fact that she had to advertise their supposedly cosy day at home, linking all the brands says everything you need to know about Katie

Reactions: 6
Absolutely nobody is staying there in the school holidays. If I had in excess of £6k or whatever they are asking for a week I would be somewhere warm where I can be outside after 10pm. Probably where the owner wasn’t slagging me off on Instagram too.

Reactions: 19
She truly is a horrible person. Live within your means! Don’t expect everyone to fund your stupid 2nd million pound home. You shouldn’t have bought it if you can’t afford the upkeep.

It’s the sense of entitlement that kills me. She honestly thinks she deserves all this and it’s her right. Why?? You don’t have a proper job? Sell it you daft cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This woman would film herself taking a dump, if it meant the toilet roll she used to wipe her arse was paid for.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
More moaning about damage due to letting. Given that Katie is there at the moment with guests, I would not be happy if I had paid to stay there and she was alleging that I had caused that damage when it could just as easily have been her and her guests

What an utter mess that garden looks. I can’t believe they’ve had paying guests staying when the grass looks like that - an infestation of leather jackets?! It’s hardly a selling point. Need this be the subject of stories? Garden fittings aren’twearing well and it looks like green slime or mould on the ground near the concrete things.

Reactions: 7
More moaning about damage due to letting. Given that Katie is there at the moment with guests, I would not be happy if I had paid to stay there and she was alleging that I had caused that damage when it could just as easily have been her and her guests

What an utter mess that garden looks. I can’t believe they’ve had paying guests staying when the grass looks like that - an infestation of leather jackets?! It’s hardly a selling point. Need this be the subject of stories? Garden fittings aren’twearing well and it looks like green slime or mould on the ground near the concrete things.
We’ve had a huge amount of wet weather in the UK this Winter / Spring which means lots more TLC for gardens and outdoor spaces to get them up to scratch for the (hopefully) better weather. Most holiday lets ignore their outdoor space even if they use it as a selling point as it’s extra money and work to maintain. They should be down there getting it cleaned up and ready for their paying guests … oh wait 🤔😬😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We’ve had a huge amount of wet weather in the UK this Winter / Spring which means lots more TLC for gardens and outdoor spaces to get them up to scratch for the (hopefully) better weather. Most holiday lets ignore their outdoor space even if they use it as a selling point as it’s extra money and work to maintain. They should be down there getting it cleaned up and ready for their paying guests … oh wait 🤔😬😅
So they’re flogging it with a slide and the slide is unusable as it descends into a mud pit. I’m sure the very few paying guests must be thrilled when they arrive and see that. The best marketing is word of mouth and repeat business. No wonder there is hardly any guests

Reactions: 3
Exactly.,,, Katie and hard graft don’t go together unless there is a massive freebie in it. She’ll get the dripoid out with his b and q rolls of turf to relay it. She’s such a whinger.

Reactions: 5
Wasn’t she there a couple of weeks’ back? That grass won’t have died overnight. As if anyone is paying £6k to stay there for a week - it really is aging terribly.

Reactions: 2
Wasn’t she there a couple of weeks’ back? That grass won’t have died overnight. As if anyone is paying £6k to stay there for a week - it really is aging terribly.
It’s going to be a bloody nightmare if they’re not making enough to even deduct all their expenses. No one is going to come and stay when it looks like that. The followers must be horrified looking at the stories. Hardly going to recommend it to your mates.

This just totally demonstrates to me the utter vapidity of Instagram. Presumably they thought followers would be a captive market and it looks like absolutely none of them had ever booked the place. Despite egging her on with the ridiculous renovations.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s going to be a bloody nightmare if they’re not making enough to even deduct all their expenses. No one is going to come and stay when it looks like that. The followers must be horrified looking at the stories. Hardly going to recommend it to your mates.

This just totally demonstrates to me the utter vapidity of Instagram. Presumably they thought followers would be a captive market and it looks like absolutely none of them had ever booked the place. Despite egging her on with the ridiculous renovations.
“Follow your dream Katie” 🥴

• Haha
Why not just put fake grass there. Surely there is fake grass that would look amazing and still make the fall from the slide nice and soft.

Reactions: 5
I think Smurf house is nicely done. Smart kitchen, nice bathrooms, accessibility with a good room and en-suite for wheelchair users. I don’t mind the slide, it’s a bit of fun, a bit whimsy. Why the heck not. Nicely decorated. Not sure a velvet sofa was a good choice for a rental though! And people treating it badly for that price isn’t acceptable. Actually people treating it badly at any price is unacceptable.

however my main problem is the price. Why would a large group of people (I think it holds 12) spend 6k for a week in a tiny village with one parking space, when for the same price or less they could rent a large house in the country with multiple parking spaces.

she got the ££ in her eyes. And yes it needs cleaning between rentals (a couple of hundred at best!), and she needs to pay agency fees (a couple of hundred at best), and taxes on her income (a couple of hundred a month at best I should think). But 6k? She could make it 4k and perhaps it’s reasonable.

the only people that spend time there are her and the big bearded one. It’s only ever her and her mates. What a folly

That slide looks like a bloody health and safety nightmare! It barely looks like you land on th grass!

Is it actually meant to be used or is it just for show?
Drunk guests and a slide - what could possibly go wrong?! 😂

There was no evidence that the guests broke the glass - a number of panes shattering like that is more likely caused by a manufacturing defect or a flaw in the glass

The outside chair broke - that seemed to be when Katie and guests were in situ.

There are hardly any paying guests going to the place so to start slagging them off on social media is really a very silly thing to do when you have very low occupancy and should be trying hard to seem welcoming and accessible. It’s also just really unprofessional and mean

Reactions: 13
I’ve just looked at the calendar for availability. It’s been booked out for few weeks max between now and the end of the year. It’s easily less than a quarter occupied. And completely blocked out in August (presumably for herself). What a luxury

She’ll be grumpy because it’s been non stop rain in Devon this week and she wasn’t gifted a free holiday by the travel doctor or whatever they are called.