Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

winkler

I agree it's bitter and sulky. So many of them rode the wave - using a FREE platform - gobbling up whatever they could get and thinking they were 'special' due to their echo chambers of validation and arse licking. None of them seemed to consider how precarious their 'employment' situation was or that the bottom could fall out of it at any second. Now all of a sudden it's the fault of the platform! This is why so many 'influencers' are turning to substack and newsletters, to try to get a better direct link to their sheeple. Katie has, yet again, been left way way behind on this because she's too busy moaning about the delay to her swimming pool or not getting gifted a six-figure kitchen.

Reactions: 20
How on earth could they possibly think that prices will come down given the situation with inflation and labour? Is Woody business planning on the basis that dental materials and labour costs will become cheaper in this economic cycle?! Because he's the only one in healthcare who is 😳😳 At a bare minimum, minimum wage goes up each year. Inflation is impacting everyone. So why would a self- employed joiner or plumber or brickie decide to reduce their day rate now?! They have kids and need to buy food just like Katie. They might need to pay apprentices

How can this be a suprise?! It's crackers. We bought a huge renovation like that. We started with architects drawings before we even completed. Wr got the architect/builder and structural engineer in before we even offered and they got to work becasue we decided that if even the estimates were too big then we wouldn't buy it but we needed plans etc for the builder to work too in estimating. They started the process so we were good to start renovations two weeks after we moved in and we went hell for leather because we were worried about rising costs. That's just inflation generally. That was 5 years ago. We spent 18 months with builders in the house and lived in a caravan with a baby and two toddlers. But we knew we had to do it then or we would have seriously disrupted kids' schooling etc. These poor boys will be trying to study in a building site for really important exams with stressed distracted parents. She is an absolute piece of work for doing this - so unbelievably selfish. No proper research or thought. Just want want want. Grab grab grab. The other house was absolutely fine and they had the luxury of the house in Devon or wherever it is. Although I see that's another disaster and they will probably have a a fuck off huge tax bill if they can't rent it out enough each year.

Not selling because "it's meant to be" etc etc. That's sunk cost fallacy in action right there.

The horrible glass box at the back of the house in the designs that is meant to be the kitchen/mezzanine etc is awful. They would be better to do a much smaller extension and reconfigure internally if they are staying. That will save a bit but I suspect it is fixtures and fittings that will cost as no one is gifting and Katie isn't having a kitchen from Howdens - depute th fa these things don't actually look much different in the Instagram photos.

I hope she's not come off the GDC register because she needs to get back grafting three days a week to start paying for all this. There is no way that pitiful instagram "career" can't be done in the remaining 4 days a week. There's nothing to say house wise bar moaning and begging and capping the number of days out eating and drinking free stuff would be advisable for anyone's health. Even if you bloody hate dentistry or whatever, do it for your children. So they have a decent living environment that they can flourish in and engaged parents. Are a few free skin care products, all you can eat vol au vents from Waitrose and some tent dresses really worth not giving them that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think the problem is that they can't sell the Smurf House as they would make a loss

They are asset rich but cash poor - cash flow is the problem as the renovations appear to be csoting much more than they thought. The holidays to Iceland or wherever are a piss in the ocean compared to what they need so cutting back on them woukd probably make no material difference. Plus Drippy is working hard whilst living in a freezing cold dump. It might be 3k feet but it's still a dump. So he probably feels that to keep on working as he is and bringing in some money, he needs a holiday in somewhat more pleasant surroundings. I have some sympathy on that point

I think the house was previously bought by a developer who offloaded it when they realised how much work there would be. He or she must have been thrilled when tunnel vision Katie appeared again to buy it. It clearly never occurred to her wonder why the developer was offloading it so quickly - mistake one. Mistake two occurred when she bought it without carefully costingeverything as she assumed she would get lots of things for free. To date it seems she has got some free furniture from John Lewis and possibly a subsidised rat catcher visit. She also seemed to be entirely unaware of the impact that Covid and Brexit would have re material and labour costs. So she's now been caught with her pants down but just can't quite give up the dream that some business, somewhere, will gift her a free extension. They just haven't seen her account yet. And also because Katie believes she DESERVES the full scale luxe no expense spared with a pool reno. Once she lets go of those two debilitating fallacies, she can deal in reality and the art of the possible. Let's just hope it happens before her children leave home but I have my doubts, sadly. What would assist the family funds and getting things moving would be if Katy rolled her sleeves up and went back to work a few days a week - but that's clearly never going to happen

Last edited:
It’s really quite sad that someone with so much can only ever focus on what she doesn’t have instead of what she does. She has four healthy children, a husband with his own business, two £1m+ houses, goes on free / heavily subsidised holidays that most families of six couldn’t dream of, regular freebies, a business that allows her to pick her kids up from school and be off with them during the holiday. I could go on. And yet it’s just moan, moan, moan that she can’t have a swimming pool in her garden.

• Heart

ophelia1990

VIP Member
She needs to fucking accept she doesn’t have the money to live the life she thinks she’s entitled to. Fucking hell people are seriously ill or struggling to pay their basic bills and this bitch is complaining she can’t have the pool she wants.

You’re not as rich as you wish you were. End of. Sell it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

bellinibobble

VIP Member
This comment couldn’t be more accurate. No way would they have gone for this house if Instagram didn’t exist.

IMG_4826.jpeg

• Heart
Absolutely nobody is staying there in the school holidays. If I had in excess of £6k or whatever they are asking for a week I would be somewhere warm where I can be outside after 10pm. Probably where the owner wasn’t slagging me off on Instagram too.

RUOTAY

Every post/story recently has been an ad for entire tables of food/expensive beauty products/furniture and PR dinners. It's been a bit much at a time when families are choosing between heating and eating and are relying on community toy donations to provide gifts for their children.

And now moaning that her bags have been lost on a holiday to Iceland over Christmas. I do understand it's a holiday disaster, but she didn't need to post about it. Hoping her being an iNfLuEnCeR will make easyJet pay attention I'm sure, but read the room Katie. No humility and gratitude that she's on a holiday to somewhere very expensive. It's almost repulsive.

• Heart

RUOTAY

She is so wildly out of touch. You cannot complain about rising costs and having to cut back on renovation plans and having to pay for expensive asbestos removal (how have they not got that sorted already!?) and then send yourself off to a spa for a massage and a facial. It's almost satire.

• Heart
  • Haha
My heart bleeds for them it really does 🙄 Latest post talking about how expensive the Reno is (again!) how they thought about selling the house and how they are going to finally decorate the room in the picture as it’s not having an structural changes. Loosely translated as begging for companies to gift them paint, window trimmings, sofas, flooring, light fixtures etc etc.

I refer to one of my earlier posts about their Christmas trip to Iceland. That money would have gone a long way towards helping with the cost of this room to be done. Priorities Woods family, priorities!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Have you seen today's story?
Roughly translates as, 'I've begged nicely, I've dropped hints, I've offered an adverting deal but non of you suckers have bitten. Now look what's happened, here is the burning cupboard and the damage to my skin...let's stop playing games and GIVE ME MY FREE KITCHEN NOW!!!!'

* I would be mortified to share that story, all that money she has and she can't just spend a couple of hundred on a temporary free standing safe oven whilst the renovations are sorted. It could even be gifted to a charity once the renovations are done! The safety and comfort or her family as so far below her insta content on her list or priorities!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18

merlot

Chatty Member
I hate that stupid voice she does on food /waitrose reels. Like she's on a fucking marks and Spencers advert.
As in her Yorkshire pudding recipe she keeps pedalling with 'the voice' like she's some culinary arch seductress. She's trying to steer towards foodie things now, making on like surprisingly cooking has always been her thing, not just Interiors... . Oh really Kate? Or is just that you have no interior to speak of and are now just desperate for content.

I wonder why she doesn't just go back to being a dentist? She has nothing of any interest, at this point she's just an infomercial for anything anyone chucks her way.
She's like a raccoon in a bin looking for anything to put 'over on the grid'

And that gives me the ick too, over on the grid... Fuck off.

• Haha

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
That house would be incredible if they just got the basics right, such as heating and electrics.

No extension, just reconfirgue downstairs to have a kitchen / dinner.

Install lovely new bathrooms, get the kids rooms decorated and comfortable.

Most people would be more than happy with that.

• Heart
Since when has any of her content over the last 12 months been original? Every post she has made has been either moaning about nothing happening at her house or some sort of rehash of a stop motion video of her running through a doorway, jumping on a bed, changing outfits. Essentially she just misses the “good old days” of taking a few photos and watching the paid gigs and free stuff roll in. Keep up or eff off.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Oh so very bitter in that post. Complaining about newer people on instagram, gasp, making money from it.

They’ve just got the hump that the era of middle class wealthy white people getting free Miele appliances is coming to an end. Well it is for this lot, who have benefited greatly from Instagram for many years.

They haven’t gone ‘viral’ because their content excludes rather in includes, and Katie jumping around another Hague Blue painted room with a neon sign that says ‘Be Kind’ is well, just old hat now.

Reactions: 17
For someone who gets all their food, drinks, nights out, pet insurance, appliances, home decor, luxury gifts, furniture and holidays free or very very cheap she has some audacity to complain she can’t have a swimming pool and an entire floor of her house dedicated to her. Selling the other million pound property might make all her dreams come true. Or she could go back to her proper job and earn a living. Crazy ideas, I know!

• Heart

PastorBake

Chatty Member
That poor man. I would’ve told them to shut the fuck up.
I think that about the whole trip. Every video of them on a plane, in a hotel, in a restaurant, constantly shrieking. There is nothing worse than sitting next to groups like that.

• Heart

RUOTAY

Does she know that she can clean the existing kitchen in the meantime?

• Haha
Reactions: 16