Comedowntothewoods #2 where it's all gifted goods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another ā€˜woe betideā€™ post today to try and beg the tit out of IG for all the freebies. Katie- if you canā€™t afford to renovate your multi million pound properties get off the sofa and get back to work in the real work. How demeaning to constantly beg- no need- no need at all! Bet she doesnā€™t give up her Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ ski trip- not a fat catā€™s chance in hell!

Reactions: 5
They clearly bitterly regret moving. To be honest, it was pretty selfish. The other house was fine and the children were settled in a nice, clean environment. It also let Katie work due to the surroundings. There is going to be a limit to any other brands bar old faithful John Lewis giving them stuff to show off in the current house because itā€™s just not a great back drop as it currently is. Wallpapering the loo isnā€™t exactly a dramatic transformation that will pull the views in

I cannot work why this wasnā€™t reasonably forseewble though? We moved to a similar type project and had to take it back to brick (thatā€™s why I could see right away that Katieā€™s stairs werenā€™t in the original position. šŸ˜‰) and do various extensions and conversions. It took nearly two years with the builders working full time from the week after we moved in. My worst nightmare was not being able to afford to do the work as the house was very run down and we were just leaving a lovely house we had also fully renovated. So we went the over the figures and plans again and again with the builder and architect before we bought it. I cannot work out why this has not happened here; particularly when building costs were shorting up due to covid. No one is going to gift you an extension or a rewire or a replumb. It wonā€™t happen. So why didnā€™t they check this?

I also love when all the ā€œsupportiveā€ followers say ā€œbaby stepsā€ in the comments. Katie canā€™t do baby steps. It needs to happen now! Every time she repeats it their comments I get screaming into a cushion vibes šŸ˜‚. Woody or whatever the husband is called will need to be banging out the full arch implants to make some cash! Katie should be locuming on the days sheā€™s not faffing about with mizzle to make some money too. I hope she hasnā€™t come off the GDC register as itā€™s a right bastard to get back on. They probably canā€™t sell the holiday home as spent too much on it and will need to keep it for a certain amount of time to claim back their reno costs

Reactions: 9
God sheā€™s constantly throwing herself a pity party isnā€™t she šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø and then when you read the comments you see why. No wonder the odd ā€˜spikyā€™ comment seems to burst through when the majority are stroking your hair and flattering your ego.

Reactions: 4
I thought the ā€œspikyā€ comments were helpful but people arenā€™t to be spiky?! šŸ˜‚

They could massively cut back on holidays and go to that blue house instead. The money spent on going to the Maldives would have done one bathroom at least! Locum 2 days a week. Sell some of their other properties? Count their blessing to keep themselves going? There are quite a lot of options - although it does involve getting off oneā€™s bottom and off Instagram

I suspect this time of year is particularly bad as everyone else has had their Christmas decs up for ages in their nicely decorated houses fit for ad work.

I would suggest getting up and giving the whole place a good clean and tidy. Do one downstairs room - it only needs to be painted navy blue with with gold accents and have some loud curtains
looking at previous photos of the old house so not too expensive to get done. Get all the instagrammable clobber in there. Use that as the backdrop for prancing about in to do adverts. The other room that has just been painted and looks like it smells of damp and cat wee is not very nice so get one room looking good on a budget.

Reactions: 6
That latest post says ā€˜things are going my way, I want it all now and Iā€™ve not got itā€™ followed by ā€˜donā€™t you dare point out to me that Iā€™ve got multiple properties, had been a numerous luxury holidays and breaks and that I should acknowledge I am a lot luckier than most people. Instead continue to blow smoke up my arse please - and Chuck in some freebies whilst you are at itā€™.

Reactions: 9
Another smug instahun ā€˜just a little buildā€™ had the same experienceā€¦ thought she was upgrading a lovely house to a massive warehouse type place that might be renovated via gifted stuff , that failed, her account became boring through lack of reno content , followers dropped, now having to sell gorgeous expensive holiday let second home possibly to fund reno on new warehouse white elephant.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Why has she just left the tree in the entrance like that, surely if pushed back could all get round it? And it's huge, a smaller one would have looked better, but then can't show off as much I guess

Reactions: 1
Why has she just left the tree in the entrance like that, surely if pushed back could all get round it? And it's huge, a smaller one would have looked better, but then can't show off as much I guess
That's not the entrance, it's a huge window off her living room.

I can't believe she hasn't cleaned the dead pigeon stain off the carpet either. That's gross šŸ¤¢

• Sick
Reactions: 2

I can't believe she hasn't cleaned the dead pigeon stain off the carpet either. That's gross šŸ¤¢
Oh no! What's the dead pigeon stain about? šŸ˜±

Sorry I meant the entrance to the nice big window area, which you now can't access until January!

Sorry I meant the entrance to the nice big window area, which you now can't access until January!
Ah right lol, yeah I agree. But like you said she had to go for the super massive tree didn't she, no crappy 6ft one for her šŸ˜‚

They aren't full until Jan so not sure why she is lying but yes Katie if I was spending almost 7k to stay in a holiday house for a week over Xmas I would expect a tree and not a 5ft one from Wilko either! Jeeez why does she ask such stupid questions?!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.