Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was a great game if you were a Villa fan 😂 It’s very similar to Goodison for atmosphere, loud - they sounded great Thought it was pretty even between us and we held our own with our injuries up until Villa scored their 1st and after that it was just difficult. But I knew subs would make the difference and with our 5 best players out our bench was not the same quality. That’s what won the match unfortunately.

Typical that Bailey scored after Everton had him as their top target after scouting him extensively for the past two-three years 😂

Pick ourselves up and go again! I ain’t got the energy to overreact cos it’s not on Benitez and he will absolutely fine- it just highlighted the boards failure to get appropriate right back cover and other positions.
Tbh up until Villa scored it was anyones game. I thought we weren't great first half tbh.

Hopefully you can make some signings in January, I'd like the top 6 to be a bit different for a change!!!

Tbh up until Villa scored it was anyones game. I thought we weren't great first half tbh.

Hopefully you can make some signings in January, I'd like the top 6 to be a bit different for a change!!!
Yeah totally agree, it was pretty even. I was happy with how we were playing given the injuries not to mention Godfrey is not match fit at all after covid too. I knew it was going to be tough just based on that and as I say subs won the game. I think if we’d been full strength it could have been different but we’ve made a really good start and a lot of our fans are overreacting. We had to buckle the purse strings this window but hopefully January and next Summer will be better. If we can keep our players fit we’ll be fine 😂

It would be nice to see someone different up there. I like Villa, like Everton were both proper traditional clubs. Don’t make them like us anymore

Reactions: 2
VAR screwed Leicester right over 3 times today. Granted we were tit (apart from the last 25 minutes) but come on, do better! It’s supposed to help the game not make it worse.
Ngl I’m biased as a brighton fan who was at the match- penalty it’s a 50/50 to me, 1st goal right to be disallowed, 2nd is definitely questionable but why is Barnes putting himself in that position again??

Think it was a very good, even game, but LC weren’t really at the races until the end. Draw would’ve been fair but I’d have been gutted, we were desperate for the win in the end. And we are due a bit of good luck I reckon

Reactions: 3
Ngl I’m biased as a brighton fan who was at the match- penalty it’s a 50/50 to me, 1st goal right to be disallowed, 2nd is definitely questionable but why is Barnes putting himself in that position again??

Think it was a very good, even game, but LC weren’t really at the races until the end. Draw would’ve been fair but I’d have been gutted, we were desperate for the win in the end. And we are due a bit of good luck I reckon
Who knows?! Although Maupay was linking arms with Vestegaard and pulling him down, should’ve been a foul the other way - not sure there’s any doubt there really. Fair play to Brighton though, they’re flying at the moment.

The standard of refereeing in this country is shockingly bad, considering the PL is arguably the best league in the world. Everything is targeted favourably towards the ‘Big 6’ (I refuse to say top 6 because, Spurs and Arsenal!) and it just makes for a dull season again. I’m really falling out of love with football at the moment having watched it for 40-odd years, I’m fatigued 😕

Who knows?! Although Maupay was linking arms with Vestegaard and pulling him down, should’ve been a foul the other way - not sure there’s any doubt there really. Fair play to Brighton though, they’re flying at the moment.

The standard of refereeing in this country is shockingly bad, considering the PL is arguably the best league in the world. Everything is targeted favourably towards the ‘Big 6’ (I refuse to say top 6 because, Spurs and Arsenal!) and it just makes for a dull season again. I’m really falling out of love with football at the moment having watched it for 40-odd years, I’m fatigued 😕
True but his arm being raised is still an unnatural position to be in whether he was hindered or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

100% agree though, referring is very poor across the board. In the championship I genuinely remember bricking it when a prem ref was parachuted in for a game. And idc what people say big team bias is absolutely real, we tend to experience it v Man Utd every year. (Today thought VAR did absolutely nothing against you, it simply backed 3 on field decisions— for once not at fault imo).

Reactions: 1
True but his arm being raised is still an unnatural position to be in whether he was hindered or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

100% agree though, referring is very poor across the board. In the championship I genuinely remember bricking it when a prem ref was parachuted in for a game. And idc what people say big team bias is absolutely real, we tend to experience it v Man Utd every year. (Today thought VAR did absolutely nothing against you, it simply backed 3 on field decisions— for once not at fault imo).
He was being pulled to the side, his other arm was going to go up because he was being fouled which negates anything he did with his arm. The on-field ref and VAR fucked us over in the Europa on Thursday too, so we’re going to feel aggrieved by it happening again.

ANYWAY, we’re clearly not going to agree on this because we’re too close to both sides.

Feeling nervous for City today, we really need to win. Does anyone else hate 12:30 kick offs? Such an awkward time!

Buzzing for the City / Chelsea game today. Love being able to watch games and not having a team to support in them.

My team went top of the Championship last night by the skin of their teeth and I’m sick of supporting clubs who struggle 😂😂😂

Reactions: 5
Gosh what an embarrassing day! 🙄 🤦‍♂️ Can’t wait for this manager to go…..

Credit to Villa though they played really well - and proved they’re fine without JG

Reactions: 2
Villa really have come together this season, they were solid towards the end of last season but for a “surprise” top 6 finish, villa could do it

Another crap game for Leicester, like nah I’m not gonna watch anymore 🤣

• Sad
Shame Chelsea didn't manage the same. 😑

Thank God for Azpi and our back team. The result could have been a lot worse...
I was quite shocked watching the Chelsea city game. I thought overall it would be more exciting then that tbh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.