Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Up the blues! 💙

Anyone been to a match on their lonesome?

I'm due a visit to Stamford Bridge soon for the PL. I know I will be surrounded by people but it feels weird not having somebody to talk to...

Been to plenty gigs on my own and no problem - even managed to make some acquaintances that stayed in touch over the years. I guess the issue with football is the predominantly male environment.
Yes, back when I was a teen in the ‘90’s I used to go to Filbert Street and Grace Road a lot on my own and a few times in the past 5 years or so. It’s fine actually, just sing like no ones watching 😂 they’re probably not anyway. Enjoy the game!

Reactions: 3
Up the blues! 💙

Anyone been to a match on their lonesome?

I'm due a visit to Stamford Bridge soon for the PL. I know I will be surrounded by people but it feels weird not having somebody to talk to...

Been to plenty gigs on my own and no problem - even managed to make some acquaintances that stayed in touch over the years. I guess the issue with football is the predominantly male environment.
I have! Not much but you can find a way to enjoy it. I’m an Everton fan (tonight was amazing also yes!) and genuinely I just think you just find a way to talk to people! I’ve made so many mates from Twitter for football, that’s always an option too

• Heart
Another game, another loss..I really thought this game was one to get points from..I also left early, which I don't agree with, but I just couldn't sit through it anymore.

I'm not sure what the solution is..we have a good team but it's not good enough for the Prem..

Stones is fit to play for England but not for City.
Instead of taking time to recover from whatever injury he claims to have he takes off to Ibiza with the homewrecker... #makesense :mad:
He better sit on the bench (at least) next Sat.

Reactions: 1
I'm a Villa fan 😍 my household loves all things footy!!
Thought the Villa game last night was great. Goals came just at the right time. Was nice to see Villa Park rocking again (this is coming from someone who isn’t a Villa fan either!)

Thought the Villa game last night was great. Goals came just at the right time. Was nice to see Villa Park rocking again (this is coming from someone who isn’t a Villa fan either!)
My hubby and son absolutely loved it. Amazing atmosphere they said!! Can't wait to see more of Bailey, what an absolute machine!!!

My hubby and son absolutely loved it. Amazing atmosphere they said!! Can't wait to see more of Bailey, what an absolute machine!!!
It was a great game if you were a Villa fan 😂 It’s very similar to Goodison for atmosphere, loud - they sounded great Thought it was pretty even between us and we held our own with our injuries up until Villa scored their 1st and after that it was just difficult. But I knew subs would make the difference and with our 5 best players out our bench was not the same quality. That’s what won the match unfortunately.

Typical that Bailey scored after Everton had him as their top target after scouting him extensively for the past two-three years 😂

Pick ourselves up and go again! I ain’t got the energy to overreact cos it’s not on Benitez and he will absolutely fine- it just highlighted the boards failure to get appropriate right back cover and other positions.

They brought on Mark Noble to try and win an failed :ROFLMAO:.

We were lucky today! Thanks Jesse :love:.

Last edited:
VAR screwed Leicester right over 3 times today. Granted we were tit (apart from the last 25 minutes) but come on, do better! It’s supposed to help the game not make it worse.

VAR screwed Leicester right over 3 times today. Granted we were tit (apart from the last 25 minutes) but come on, do better! It’s supposed to help the game not make it worse.
Honestly sick of Leicester atm (say this as a fan) feel like everytime I watch them they’re shite 😂😂

I think the officiating has been awful this weekend to be honest. The officials at Villa were giving everything there way, Demarai Gray was making a run and he was pulled back by the defender and fouled and nothing given, if he’d not been pulled back he’d of scored 1000%.
United should’ve had 2/3 penalties today, palace should have had a penalty yesterday at the beginning - wasn’t even checked by VAR

Reactions: 4
VAR is the big 6 12th man. They don't want teams like Leicester doing well.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.