Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lannx

Anyone looking forward to the Club World Cup?

I feel like Europeans don't care about it as much.

Cuckoo75

I have no idea why my dad thought it was good to raise us as Leeds fan. This club is truly intent on killing us.

Du du du du Patrick......
After the last 2 games fergie time is now known as Bielsa time. Thank god for the extra time as Leeds needed the points. It was good to see Ayling and Bamford return after 9 games out with injuries however Ayling was struggling in the 2nd half.

Leeds are on top of the table for the most yellow cards. We might win something this season

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Same. I’m pretty sure I have half the players out in mine cause their games off. Maybe they’ll give us an average of whatever points They’ve gotten per game so far
I’ve used my free hit on one of my teams 😂 my poor boyfriend was convinced he was beating me on our second teams league - he isn’t hahah

MrsM19

Chatty Member
So ladies and gents, thoughts on the EFL/Carabao Cup so far?
I'm rooting for West Ham Utd. Would be great to see a "small" club win or a change.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
We kept our season tickets at Leeds despite living overseas, but mostly because until Bielsa we were rarely filling a stadium so it felt like it was our way of supporting the club from afar. We were fortunate to be in a position to be able to afford that. Then covid happened and then of course we got promoted - behind closed doors which is just about the most Leeds thing ever, after 16 seasons it finally happens and no fans are there to celebrate. Anyway, promotion happened and we are back in the country so we held on as now you cannot get a ticket for love not money at Leeds. There is a 20k waiting list for season tickets at Leeds so the board have been able to use that in their favour. They made an across the board 10% increase on all season tickets with the veiled threat if you didn't like it the 20k waiting might like it. The deadline for renewals is next week, long before we even know what league we will play in and I understand why that is but it feels a bit bold to announce the 10% increase before we know what League we are playing in. It is however the first price increase in 11 years ago so is perhaps over due. It means our tickets now cost us £2,450. Making each match day cost £119, which is a lot for a day out. We would rarely go to any place that costs that much entry for us all for the day. Each match by match ticket is £25.78 not much or £21.30 for Championship football, if the Marschterclass fails. Staying up for PL along with it being the first price rise in 11 years it is OK I guess.

Time will tell.

Nothing else quite like it. For an entire generation Leeds has been like dating an abusive partner, so often there was no anl joy, often there was embarrassment and shame at the depths of L1. But these football clubs they get in our veins or for those of us who are 2nd/3rd/4th generation fans it really is in our DNA. But I don't recommend being a Leeds fan for anyone.

First increase in over a decade and a adult can watch top flight Football for £20 a game. It doesn't sound that bad.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Ahhh, you are but a baby! If you start reading about 2007 you might want to start at Leeds in the Champions League semi final in 2001 and ending up in League One in 2007.

Doing a Leeds is a real thing. We really did write the book on financial mismanagement.

stopcryingfat Frank showed his true colours over spygate and then got his balls handed to him on a plate by Bielsa in the press conference he held. He is a sniveler. The shower on his face is etched in. But it isn't his fault!
Doing a leeds having its own wikipedia page 😂😂😂 I’ll have a read. I like Leeds, you’re still sort of in the relegation battle - got some hard fixtures coming up. I think you’ll be okay though.

Didn’t Frank then beat you in the play offs and sing Stop Crying Your Heart Out himself? 😂

wordzalad

VIP Member
And the transfer rumours are off again,

Adama has been leaving for Liverpool for about a year now but this time it’s real…definitely :rolleyes:…journalists aren’t just making it up… course not🤣😑

Neves is now apparently signing for Chelsea as well as Arsenal and Man United 🤣 He’ll be bloody busy then. 35million as well. Piss off.If any of them offered us 35m they’d get the door slammed on them🤣🤣

glm31

Lifelong Gooner here and cannot believe what has happened the last 2 games :oops: Not bolstering the squad in Jan is going to seriously bite us in the arse. Hey ho least my home town of Luton are doing well lol! Cannot even imagine the Hatters going to the prem but the town has a vibe about it because of the possibility!
There's a lot of bottling it going round this weekend (including from Wolves)! I'm hoping Brentford get a result at West Ham tomorrow and it will almost be like this weekend's fixtures never happened.