Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wordzalad

VIP Member
See I didn’t like this kit at first. When I first saw it I thought it was a big no, but it grew on me and I really like it now so I might have to agree with you about it being one of the best. I wasn’t a fan of the blue and white one they did more recently, it was like a tie dye type effect?! Nice idea maybe and I guess different but not for a football shirt
At first I thought it was a fake mock up because of the “Wolves are Portugal FC” memes but it’s definitely a favourite.

The green one from a few years ago was a grower, hated it at first and now I like it.

I know the one you mean. It was odd. I wasn’t keen at all. Kinda looked like a shirt you’d worn to paint in and gotten blue all down the front 🤣🤣

wordzalad

VIP Member
I’m scared to do my fantasy team incase any more games get called off. Can’t even keep up with how many already have been
Same. I’m pretty sure I have half the players out in mine cause their games off. Maybe they’ll give us an average of whatever points They’ve gotten per game so far

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Let's play a game, the winner gets bragging rights.

Who is getting relegated this year?

Everton, Watford and Norwich for me.

I think last night's result was more than great for Burnley, I watched it and they really look to have the momentum and fight to get out of the bottom three. Everton weren't bad but they make stupid, unnecessary mistakes all over the pitch that you can't really afford to do when you are in a relegation battle.

We play Watford this weekend, we will probably lose just to make things interesting, but I think anything other than a defeat will probably see us safe. Even with the games in hand at Everton/Burnley. All well and good to have games in hand but playing weekend-midweek-weekend a few times will surely take its toll.

Thelmachops

VIP Member
I’ve found this season to be the hardest as a supporter for many years. I just don’t know what the answer is to prolonged Premiership success. Obviously we need to spend a bit more than we did and choose better players! But even then - is the ‘small club’ mentality so insidious in our psyche that we can’t get past it?
I think the small club label is what Delia likes the most 🥴

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
It was the tactical change to bring some of their first 11 off and replace them with other players, pep just isn’t as cautious as maybe he should be, but they’ll get there, this will have hurt all of them deeply and next year they’ll use this to turn the screw. They will have their eyes set on winning every PL game now
I was surprised that Pep actually used subs 🤯

Thelmachops

VIP Member
@Peaches_xox I know, right?!

I understand they have to talk about the big clubs and Man Utd did win the league that year, but to not talk about the teams that came 2nd and 3rd and then talk about the 4th placed team, is just erasing history..but it was Beckhams company that made it...

The best programme I seen on this, was an ITV one..I think it was called 'When football changed forever'...that covered everyone and everything..

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
How did Man United pay £80million for Maguire. How is ASM at Newcastle and not been bought by someone else. Only put this on for background and it’s an absolutely bizarre game.
think part of ASM’s problem is he picks up a lot of injuries, I’m not sure I’d wanna spend the money on that

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Does anyone know what the rules are re: game cancellation because of a COVID outbreak? Is there a number of players from a team who have to be out? Recently Brighton v Tottenham (12th) Brentford v Man Utd (14th), Burnley v Watford (15th) have all been cancelled. The line taken in the latter game is that Watford had "an insufficient number of first-team players available to fulfil the match".

This BBC article explains why the Man Utd match was postponed - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59646845 - and acknowledges that Norwich players have COVID (we played Man Utd just before their players were diagnosed) yet our games have still gone ahead.

It can’t be one rule for the ‘big clubs’ and another for everyone else. Things are already stacked against the smaller clubs without an additional hinderance.
PL rules state 14 players have to be available from what I read last week

37BBL

VIP Member
So frustrating being a Villa fan when have been so shit lately 😫 I'm really hoping we pull some points back in the next few games but don't have high hopes after last night's shit show.