Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola123

VIP Member
It’s be a very city thing to do it this year, whilst some others are really messed up with covid etc 😂😂 would have taken them long enough

HelloStereo

VIP Member
The problem is that football ‘banter’ plays to stereotypes and it hasn’t evolved much over the years. We get incest jokes and 6 fingers etc. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s so lazy and predictable I find it hard to get wound up about.

I get more annoyed by rival fans being ridiculously and unnecessarily aggressive. Worst fans for that in my experience have been Palace and West Ham.
Aren't Palace fans infamous for being a bit wet? 😂

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
It makes me sick lmao

Weird to say though that for once this is a decent game? Both teams playing well?? Have I ever seen this in my life idk?

edit- good quality but my god some stinkers on both sides, the palace finishing is poor and why are our forwards constantly in defensive positions rip

edit again- terrible second half for the albion, big phat disappointment x
Probably the most even I’ve seen it be for a few years now tbh but you’re right the finish has been poor. I think Bissouma has been a big miss for you tonight - is he injured? Brighton’s weak point for me has always been finishing.
It’s not had as many goals as I was expecting 😂

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Catching up on this thread and the discussion on atmosphere at football stadiums makes me realise that most on this thread would not cope with a Glasgow derby. I’ve only managed to ever get tickets for a few of them but fuck me im always terrified. But it wouldn’t feel right if I wasn’t terrified 🤣 But now it’s boring as both sides no longer allow the away fans into the stadium during an old firm.
I’ve been in Glasgow when the derby between Rangers and Celtic happens and the amount of riot vans I saw one after the other, couldn’t believe it!

Lola123

VIP Member
Sadly Arsenal are due a win 😂

We’ve got brentford and it could go either way tbh, hoping for a repeat of our chairman sitting in the away end as he doesn’t like his brentford counterpart
I don’t think they are, I think they’re gonna draw or lose the next two out of 3 but because of this recent edu interview artteta will be kept!

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I’m an Everton fan haha! Guessing you are Liverpool? Are you a member? I think if you are a member and have credit history then you probably have a good chance of getting a ticket - I’m sure theyll guarantee season tickets and then they’ll do a ballot tbh. My friends not a STH but is a member and been to a couple of games and got league cup final tickets through the ballot this year

Hahaha I hate Chelsea so no problem if they’re not there - Palace away ends are lots of fun
Noo haha I’m a Man City fan! I have read that quite a few fans aren’t planning to go to the semi final because it’s in the holidays and also it’s expensive to do two trips down there and they’d rather the final 🤞 so hopefully we can get tickets.
It’s annoying for me all the finals I’m working: fa cup semi final working, fa cup final working, CL final I’m working. Might not get to any finals but still annoying. Hopefully the fa cup semi final won’t be too late as I started work at 7pm so as long as it’s not a 5/5:30pm or later kick off I can watch it all on tv at least

wordzalad

VIP Member
Tell those of us that are stupid! I love speculation
All of my initial guesses we’re married/long term relationship but as someone pointed out the article would have likely said they were married if they were so Im back to being lost 🤣

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
There are so few proper stadiums left in the higher leagues. Elland Road might be old and rough around the edges but all the history is still there. They are planning to redevelop the stadium but one if the key things they are working on is to keep it four stands.

Stadiums like Spurs/Arsenal etc are ok from a happy clappy nice day out point of view but they are nondescript in real football.

Enjoy Leeds!
Yeah very very few! I’m at Brentford on Sunday n i’m gutted they’re not in their old stadium as would have loved to have gone there. What are they planning to redevelop in Elland Road?
I think Spurs’ new ground is lovely from outside but not overly fussed on the inside if I’m honest, Arsenal have comfy seats and good space 😂

Lola123

VIP Member
Leeds being done up is long over due. It's one of the half of the 92 I haven't been to even though it's one of my closest. I can't justify when they would charge around £40 for a ticket in the Championship for a dump away end with pillars.
Where as at st james’ it was £40 to see Chelsea….

wordzalad

VIP Member
Fingers cross, for your sake and your clubs you come up!

I'm actually in hospital and will be for the long term so I don't even get to go at the moment but we always take my dad ( who once upon a time played for Leeds - when they were not very good in the early 80s -which is why we support them, I'm not from Leeds at all and we live down south) or a friend on my ticket. But a weekend in Leeds is always good fun even if the football is miserable!

Relegation would be a disaster for the club but for us fans not so much. The championship and L1 is a lot of fun, usually always competitive and some great away days at proper clubs, fun grounds with traditions and memories, there is no VAR screwing things over and no top 6 bias - which absolutely does exist.
Get well soon 🥰 Sending you love

wordzalad

VIP Member
Really hope Neves and Podence are back. I don't think I can face watching another game like Newcastle or Burnley! That said, it's my last time at Molineux this season, so I'm bound to jinx it. Maybe your BF can be the counter-jinx!
Honestly if they’re back I think we will win, if not… ehh I’m less confident! That Burnley game probably gave me grey hairs 😭!!
Ahh fingers crossed it’s a good last one for you! The last away game the BF went to they lost so let’s hope 🤣. If they win he can get the train home 🤣

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
Having spent time following Leeds in League 1 and going to places like Carlisle, Tranmere, Exeter, Wycombe Wanderers, Grimsby..... there is just something special about a proper ground, it is more authentic or something, bit rough around the edges. Like the away end at Luton you are practically walking through somebody's house to enter. I like all that, I'd rather go there than Spurs' bowl or Arsenal. An away day at The Dell was always more fun than a sanitised experience at St Mary's.
Blundell Park is my happy place :love: I adore our ground, there has been talk of a move to a new stadium but I don't want to. I love where we are - so much character and history. Sadly, I suspect it'll be a while before our paths cross again!!!!