Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@ordinaryjelly - If you had a choice then, would you rather stay up and have the same scrap for survival*
or would you rather happily go down and spend a few seasons in the championship?

*Lets face it, unless you’re bankrolled by a Middle Eastern state or a massive conglomerate, you’re all battling for survival.

Reactions: 3
@Dogtanian Definitely go down.

The Premier League is actually three leagues in one. The top few teams, who absolutely have a bias towards them. A mid table few, that just exist. Then the relegation scrapers. Add in VAR, stupid kick off times, soulless bowl stadiums full of fans who were not there ten years ago, it just isn't a competitive league. There is no fun in it. Man City winning the league again is just boring. Are their fans really excited? Leicester winning was an anomaly, look at them now. TV money that feeds the rich and never the poor. Blood money is your only hope.

The Championship is genuinely competitive, any team can be at the top, mid table or relegation fighters. You more or less cannot predict it accurately at the beginning of the season. There is no VAR, no bias, many more 3pm Saturday kick offs, generous away allocations, fans who know their teams history, stadiums that are crumbling but full of memories, no blood money, no primadonnas diving and rolling around. It is a fun league, with a lot more positives than the Premier League. Winning the Championship but staying in the Championship sounds like a good deal.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve supported Leeds since 1982, the year we were relegated. It’s never been easy, but I liked the unpredictable edge to the club. I’ve had some of the best days out at football, and the worst. I don’t go to matches any more as it’s expensive and my priorities have changed.
There’s practically zero chance of us surviving tomorrow 😭

Reactions: 2
I wonder if any of us Leeds fans know each other, there are a fair few of us on here and generally the same faces at away games 🤣

Yup, I was there for a long time when it was first set up and we migrated from To Ell and Back. 🤫
I was on there for a long time. Haven’t been on for years, but went back to post about a couple of people passing away.
Peacock beer garden anyone 😎

Whoever stays up will (just about) deserve to. I’ll be at the King Power tomorrow with PL alerts switched on! I’m not remotely optimistic though and haven’t been for a good while. Awful season 😂

Reactions: 1
Looking forward to the play-off finals this weekend..Proper football! Although now I have said that, they will probably be boring 0-0 and go to penalties!

• Haha
My Aunties partner supported Leeds United and he was a Dad figure growing up for me, so I naturally just supported Leeds. I’m born and bred Leeds also and grew up about 5 minutes from Kalvin Phillips (the traitor). Plenty an afternoon I spent in the DrySalters beer garden 🤣

Anyone watching Coventry v Luton?

Whoever stays up will (just about) deserve to. I’ll be at the King Power tomorrow with PL alerts switched on! I’m not remotely optimistic though and haven’t been for a good while. Awful season 😂
It’s been one to forget for sure!

My Aunties partner supported Leeds United and he was a Dad figure growing up for me, so I naturally just supported Leeds. I’m born and bred Leeds also and grew up about 5 minutes from Kalvin Phillips (the traitor). Plenty an afternoon I spent in the DrySalters beer garden 🤣

Sure am. I Hope Tom Lockyer is ok, that collapse did not look good ant all.

It’s been one to forget for sure!
It really has 😭

Watching it in Luton, the council has put on a free viewing at the local park

You'll stay up.

We are a club devoid of just about anyone, no players who can play, no manager of our own, no director of football and our chairman has been overseas this week buying another football club.

Elland Road will be toxic tomorrow.
---
I hope this doesn't go to penalties. Imagine the pressure of taking a penalty in the game that has the most lucrative prize in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.